[X3LU] Pure X HUD with larger font

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mycu
x4

[X3LU] Pure X HUD with larger font

Post by Mycu » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 09:39

This is Pure X HUD created by Familiar (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546) - repacked to fit Litcube's Universe and enchanced with my bigger font modification.
All credits goes to Familiar.

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/EOWrKOV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/My9TQHI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EGvBTeI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FEW527U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aSU0Mqt.jpg

Download installer:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2dsi ... D1.0.0.exe

Installation
Run the installer exe file and point it to the X3 game directory in which Litcube's Universe is installed.

Additional Info:
Take notice that there is a small difference between LU HUD and this one (Litcube's words):
- "LU has an icon for TP class ships."
- "[In PureX HUD] asteroid icons are the same as the debris icons. [In originial LU HUDs] There's also a separate icon for debris."
Last edited by Mycu on Tue, 9. Jun 15, 08:37, edited 6 times in total.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 10:23

I must be blind but both those links do not offer a mod file to download, instead all they do is start off an .exe file download with for most file lockers means loading your system with crappy malware etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 10:28

feygan wrote:I must be blind but both those links do not offer a mod file to download, instead all they do is start off an .exe file download with for most file lockers means loading your system with crappy malware etc.
Both links offer an installer to install GUI for your convenience.
Installer means an exe file - not every exe file is a malware.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 10:58

1st law of nature states.

"That which is an .exe file shall no be downloadeth from cyberlockers"

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 11:03

The main LU GUI package is an installer just like the main mod installers. I helped Mycu with setting up this installer, and it is based on the same installer config as Litcube's version. Using an installer exe like this ensures changing GUI interfaces in LU is consistent and reliable. You just have to run the installer for the new GUI you want to try.

HOWEVER: Mycu, we need to talk a bit more about your installer setup. Your installer has some problems that will prevent your GUI from being uninstalled later--running a different GUI installer won't actually change the game HUD to the new interface. Yours will be permanent until your files are manually removed. Which defeats the purpose of using the installer. I'll PM you with more details.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 11:06

feygan wrote:1st law of nature states.

"That which is an .exe file shall no be downloadeth from cyberlockers"
2nd law of nature states.

"No one forces nobody to download anything"
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 11:39

Installer was recompiled using solarahawk's advices.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 15:55

Just loaded up a test install with your HUD installed. Everything looks good. I like the font, it's nice and readable. Crosshairs looks kind of grainy or jaggy to me. Is it supposed to look like that?

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 16:19

solarahawk wrote:Just loaded up a test install with your HUD installed. Everything looks good. I like the font, it's nice and readable. Crosshairs looks kind of grainy or jaggy to me. Is it supposed to look like that?
Hmmm... strange....
Does it differ from the crosshairs on screenshots?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 16:56

Oh, yeah, it does. I run at a lower resolution for testing and dev work on my laptop, so that just makes it more obvious. I haven't run a HUD with that particular crosshairs for a few years, so I'm not as familiar with it. I guess that's just the source image limitation.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 23:35

Thanks, my favorite X3 HUD coming to my favorite X3 mod, win-win! And with 1440p, any larger font mod is a must :-/

NOTE: have you also modded the LU gates in those screenshots? if so please post what have you used, I like the foggy look more than the vanilla gate look.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 09:53

solarahawk wrote:Oh, yeah, it does. I run at a lower resolution for testing and dev work on my laptop, so that just makes it more obvious. I haven't run a HUD with that particular crosshairs for a few years, so I'm not as familiar with it. I guess that's just the source image limitation.
It shouldn't happen - have to bet source limitations too.

memeics wrote:NOTE: have you also modded the LU gates in those screenshots? if so please post what have you used, I like the foggy look more than the vanilla gate look.
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8yr53 ... mGates.zip
It's repacked version of one of the gates from Gate effect pack v2.0
Install them as a false patch (highest *.cat/*.dat number) in /addon folder.

You should also check Solarhawk's Alternate Ringless Gates - Repacked For LU http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=380471 which inspired me to change gates but couldn't find suitable version.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 11:44

That's interesting. Looks like by changing the event horizon dds but not the gate object file, the horizon image ends up wrapped around the sphere. Very cool.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 18:48

One note:

Your asteroid icons are the same as the debris icons. There's also a separate icon for debris.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 9. Jun 15, 08:29

Litcube wrote:One note:

Your asteroid icons are the same as the debris icons. There's also a separate icon for debris.
Thanks - updated main info.
I'll try to differentiate asteroid/debris icons in free time.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Arazgul
xr

Post by Arazgul » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 17:23

I try to install the mod but the installer always tells me, he cant find no-steam exe.
Im using steam version, but even if i replace the .exe file it wont work.
Is there anything i can do? The EMS installer has the same problem.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 17:33

Arazgul wrote:I try to install the mod but the installer always tells me, he cant find no-steam exe.
Im using steam version, but even if i replace the .exe file it wont work.
Is there anything i can do? The EMS installer has the same problem.
Try renaming the no-steam .exe to X3AP_n before you install the mod. That should solve your problem.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Arazgul
xr

Post by Arazgul » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 10:01

Wow thank you for the quick help. That worked like a charm.

natertater1701
xr

Post by natertater1701 » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 19:40

i cant get this mod to install. it says that my folder does not have a none steam exe. but it does. any help?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 19:53

Two posts above yours is the likely solution.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”