Request: Cleaner Complex Connections

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

korg33

Request: Cleaner Complex Connections

Post by korg33 » Thu, 28. May 15, 21:40

So I am building quite a few complexed lately. My complexes are anywhere in between 2-10 stations.

So what I am looking for is a way to decide how a complex uses its tunnels to connect everything. Right now my complexes use random tunnels to connect everything often resulting in a bad looking complex. In terms of positioning, I am fine with the vanilla version.

Its just those frkn tunnels that are SOOOO bad. I could live with non-straight tunnels that make a few turns, but I can't stand how illogical the complexes are connected sometimes.

Right now my complex looks like this: (The lines are the tunnels)

http://imgur.com/JgUVSX0,jhoSgf7#0

I want it to look like this:

http://imgur.com/JgUVSX0,jhoSgf7#1

I scoured these forums for something that could help me fix this, but the only mods I found are to postion ur stuff better / easier. (Which aint to difficult in vanilla once u get the hang of it.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 31. May 15, 14:04

There's some pieces of information about the complex tubes provided in Simoom's illustrated guide about Beautiful Vanilla Factory Complexes. However, I don't know how helpful this information is, especially when adding more stations to a complex.

If you can't get satisfying complex connections at all, you might want to consider removing them totally, for example with this mod by Saetan or as described by Killjaeden here. Alternatively, there are also mods like Complex Cleaner by Gazz or Saturn Complex Hub by Litcube, which provide different means for connecting or building complexes.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”