Best DiD's

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

BankruptAssasin
xr

Best DiD's

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 11. May 15, 22:26

What are the best DiDs on here by popular demand?

I have read a couple (Slugs multiple Times) & i want to have a catolog of games/DiD's to refer to when playing.

I'm not one for massive character story lines, Some of the ones i have tried to read are too long winded for my tastes - They are some peoples Cup of Tea but i like the way Slug explained his way of playing & there was still a little bit o Character to his stories.

Can be for Either TC or AP.

Thanks Guys.
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 11. May 15, 22:57

I'm probably biased, but I find "From nothing" and its follow-up "Prodigal son" to be very good. Then again, it's close to 2000 pages long and still ongoing, so it might be a bit long for your taste.

Other than that Triaxx2's "A pirate's revenge" and "APR Book 2 - Best served cold" comes to mind, as they are less heavy on the character storylines and might suit you better. TTD's "Ramblings of an Argon nephew" is also quite good IMO.

You can also take a look at the DiD index and see if there's something there you like.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 12. May 15, 04:38

I was thoroughly inspired by Sluggy when writing those. I personally feel that the Tale of Ea't s'Quid should be on the list as well. It's a Dead is Drunk rather than Dead is Dead, but only because it was a back story. Still it's one of my more enjoyable pieces of writing.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 14. May 15, 21:19

Will def check them out - From Nothing started well - Will read more.

I enjoyed Pirates Revenge - Will pick that up again.

Ea't s'Quid was enjoyable also.

Are there anymore & are the ones mentioned above in PDF format?

Thanks Guys.
X3TC - Awesome

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 14. May 15, 21:36

From Nothing and Prodigal Son both turned into something more than DiD's. If you want a pure DiD check out A Pirate's Story, my first one. It isn't very lengthy, but it was a hell of a lot of fun to write.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 06:35

Zaitsev:

Has been to modest in not adding his stories to this list, though often too short they are well crafted and excellent reading.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. May 15, 07:39

Aww ... You're too kind, Shaun :oops:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 08:15

Zaitsev:

Please stop with the modesty, just reading your posts has given me a lot of help and inspiration with my own writing.

By putting your name up (deservedly in my opinion) I hope others will also learn from you, and encourage them to publish. (Blatant selfishness, I love a good story)

PS: Don't get killed so often, every time you die I tear up. Well just a bit, I have got to maintain some sort of Macho image after all.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 22. May 15, 12:38

If he didn't insist on playing chicken with the Xenon, he'd have better luck. But then again, I had something like eight unrecorded attempts at starting Ea't. Even he would have succumbed to alcohol poisoning if I'd written them all.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 12:51

Triaxx2:

I have had many rib braking moments reading your seemingly short(every time I look at them I see more) post's please keep them coming.

As regards Zaitsev, I am beginning to suspect he does what he does on purpose, the jury is out on that though.

One day Zaitsev will post a complete story and the world as we know it will end. I have mixed feelings about that.

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Sat, 23. May 15, 04:27

The end of Zaitsev's first complete story will merely have a major goal accomplished followed by a more spectacular death than we've yet seen. Very much looking forward to it.

- From Nothing would have to be my absolute favorite, just because of how the story came together with so many different incredible contributors, all interwoven by the peerless Scion.

There are plenty of good stories and writers here, but I wanted to mention a few I found outstanding that just haven't been mentioned or active.

- Ambition and Ambiguity is right up there, for me. Poseidon had a very strong writing approach, and everything was just so consistent. I liked how he explained why he chose that particular name, as it wasn't immediately apparent but made complete sense with a little thought. And that's how the entire story was.

- Way of the Gun by Kirlack was the one that made me look at the X games in a different light, one where I was able to see the story potential.

- Timsup2nothin was great, with numerous threads usually about Zaitsev-length or shorter. A very different flavor, but one I always enjoyed.

PS - I think Triaxx may have murdered a few innocent gamers. Death by laughter.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 23. May 15, 12:22

If they died laughing at my jokes, they were anything but innocent. :D

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 27. May 15, 19:56

Triaxx. My favorite smartass.

Song of Obsidian. High praise, mate. Thanks much.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Fri, 29. May 15, 10:20

Might have stuck Prodigal Son in there, but I haven't been able to keep up since work put me on mandatory overtime. Feel like I need to take a vacation to read anything that's over Zaitsev-length. Or write something myself, for that matter.

That said, you more than deserve the praise. I still cry about the station capture attempt, damn you. But only when I'm alone. Don't judge me.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 13:04

any did with KFB is a good did. :D
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Sun, 30. Aug 15, 15:33

KFB?
X3TC - Awesome

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 30. Aug 15, 16:26

B.A.

Abbreviation for Kentucky fried Boron, a snack Triaxx2 dreamed up. In Prodigal son.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 24. Oct 15, 12:42

My favourite thing?

I like going through the back pages here, and just picking something to read, there are a lot of people out there with great imaginations.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Return to “Creative Universe”