[MOD] World War X - Version 3.2- 07-17-2015 updated

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. May 15, 03:32

Rei Ayanami wrote:Plot game, but the plot has been over for 250+ game hours.

I've tried deactivating all mods, nothing helped. The only thing that stopped Enemies from spawning was deactivating WWX, but i don't like that idea.

I'll send you a pm with a list of all the mods i've installed.
I just loaded up your game so I am checking it out. However, as I previously mentioned, even if you remove mods it doesn't mean that the conflict is gone. Mods and scripts add stuff to your save game which could still be conflicting even when removing stuff.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. May 15, 03:43

I am going through your save and there are over 1000 errors. Trying to look through them but I am seeing a lot of errors having to do with highways and also sectors/zones (not being able to find zones). A lot of these errors have to do with mods you are using that I am not, I am sure. Still going through it.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 16. May 15, 03:47

I think we should continue this via pm, lets not spam your mod topic with messages regarding my saves. :)

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 16. May 15, 21:02

BlackRain wrote:
Troubleshooter11 wrote:
BlackRain wrote:What mods are you using? There may be a conflict
Heya, earlier i removed all mods and only ran with WWX, and i still found that the Sul variant in question did not fire any Astrobees. (It did deploy the turrets themselves, but they did not rotate or fire).
Perhaps an important detail, in both cases the Sul was part of a retaliation fleet led by an PMC Construction Vessel.

Heya, even if you remove all mods, if the defense officer had been affected in some way, the ship may still not work. The defense officer would need to be replaced. In this case ship respawn
Let me clarify that: I removed all mods and started a new custom game to test if the problem was still there.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. May 15, 23:13

Hmmmm, do npc ships that fire missiles need ammo? Perhaps it ran out or it didn't spawn with any missiles. I'll look at it later, but if it needs missiles and ran out there is no way to replenish them I think

Haraldson

Post by Haraldson » Fri, 22. May 15, 10:12

Have found some Ships from Republik Cantera --> if i choose them with the Mouse in the Cockpit Monitor it says: =TextIDNotFound= =TextIDNotFound= it was in the Zone Brennkammer

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 22. May 15, 20:24

Are you using English version? Do you know what ships?

Haraldson

Post by Haraldson » Sun, 24. May 15, 21:32

No my X Rebirth is German.

Have a Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 7370007836

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =448734112

Its also by allied Ships

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 25. May 15, 12:42

I just came into cuspid splint for the first time and saw this. It appears a never ending battle loop between PMC and heart of albion. Im not sure where all the fighters are coming from, I have seen multiple fighter wings undock from the CIV dockyard and start shooting eachother, is it possible the station is launching both types of fighters, which are flagged as enemies? Right now the station looks like its having some kind of internal civil war.

I have been sitting on field for about 15 minutes just watching the battle, several parts of the station are getting destroyed, and overall hull integratey is about 70%... Is this a bug?

So...many...cargo...cans

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 25. May 15, 16:02

Haraldson wrote:No my X Rebirth is German.

Have a Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 7370007836

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =448734112

Its also by allied Ships
Yes, I know about this already, it is because you are using the German version. I have to fix the ship names so they show in the German version.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 25. May 15, 16:05

Ragemaster9999 wrote:I just came into cuspid splint for the first time and saw this. It appears a never ending battle loop between PMC and heart of albion. Im not sure where all the fighters are coming from, I have seen multiple fighter wings undock from the CIV dockyard and start shooting eachother, is it possible the station is launching both types of fighters, which are flagged as enemies? Right now the station looks like its having some kind of internal civil war.

I have been sitting on field for about 15 minutes just watching the battle, several parts of the station are getting destroyed, and overall hull integratey is about 70%... Is this a bug?

So...many...cargo...cans

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Stations do not launch fighters at all. I am not sure what you are seeing, but they shouldn't be coming out of the station. I'm not really sure what is going on, maybe just a lot of fighter squadrons are going there for some reason? Are you using a lot of mods? Which ones?

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Tue, 26. May 15, 09:45

BlackRain wrote:
Ragemaster9999 wrote:I just came into cuspid splint for the first time and saw this. It appears a never ending battle loop between PMC and heart of albion. Im not sure where all the fighters are coming from, I have seen multiple fighter wings undock from the CIV dockyard and start shooting eachother, is it possible the station is launching both types of fighters, which are flagged as enemies? Right now the station looks like its having some kind of internal civil war.

So...many...cargo...cans

Stations do not launch fighters at all. I am not sure what you are seeing, but they shouldn't be coming out of the station. I'm not really sure what is going on, maybe just a lot of fighter squadrons are going there for some reason? Are you using a lot of mods? Which ones?
Im only using a handful of mods. It's actully probably caused by the fighters dockable at carrier mod, which makes figthers launch and dock on carriers like x3... it effects arawan, sul and heavy sul and gangrene chasers.

After about fifteen minutes of fighting the PMC forces were victorious, all heart of albion fighters were destroyed. Im assuming PMC and Albion are hostile? Your fleets have alot of SULS in them, so it would make sense why there are so many fighters... I came into the zone and saw the fight, so not sure what started it, if there was HOA capitals nearby they were dead by the time i got in zone.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 26. May 15, 16:18

Interesting. Well, seems my mod is working fine, the other behavior is due to that other mod I suppose. I doubt that kind of fight will happen often, just consider it a major offensive which was beaten back. Seems cool to me. Also, yes PMC and HOA are enemies.

theslay

Post by theslay » Wed, 27. May 15, 02:19

I have the same thing in Cuspid Splint going on, a near-eternal battle raging between PMC and HoA. Lots of fighters, with from time to time a patrol joining up. It's calming down sometimes, and can be utter madness at others. I really don't know where all these ships are coming from, but, well, that's kinda fun.

It was a new empire builder game started without your mod but several other mods active when I installed yours :
- Teladi DLC
- Faster Missiles
- Faster ships
- Hull repair laser
- Capital bridge
- Show balance
- Inventory craft item marked
- No jump fuel for player ship
- No fog
- NPC gain XP
- TAF!
- Tougher stations
- Yet another trader

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 27. May 15, 03:42

It's probably because of its centralized location. I'll look into it

epilp

Post by epilp » Sat, 30. May 15, 03:00

I'm pretty sure this kind of fight happens without either of these mods in Cuspid Splint.It happens there for me without either of those, granted they aren't continuous, but nonetheless, it's one place i can loot all day and never fire a shot because of the waves of HOA and PMC.
Edit:Grammar Nazi'd myself

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 31. May 15, 14:29

why doesnt this work with campaign? and why would it after completing it? i can run this mod on a custom start right?

is it worth playinfg the campaign through even?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 31. May 15, 14:35

During the campaign, not all the systems are accessible from the start and this mod adjusts the way many NPCs travel. I don't know if that is the main reason for not trying this mod until the campaign is complete but it probably matters.

After the campaign, there will be a few stations present in the galaxy compared to a free-play game. If you have not done the campaign, it might be interesting. If not interested in the campaign, those additional stations are not critical so free play is fine.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 31. May 15, 14:54

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:During the campaign, not all the systems are accessible from the start and this mod adjusts the way many NPCs travel. I don't know if that is the main reason for not trying this mod until the campaign is complete but it probably matters.

After the campaign, there will be a few stations present in the galaxy compared to a free-play game. If you have not done the campaign, it might be interesting. If not interested in the campaign, those additional stations are not critical so free play is fine.
i just wanna heavily modify the game with tons more activity, more ships, wars, new weapons, all that good stuff.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 31. May 15, 16:28

An admiral aim :)

This mod and also the Conquer mod (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=379402) are two good options for the base of such a mod bonanza. Later, if possible, the two mod authors hope to make them compatible but for now, they both look like fun reworks to me.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”