[XBTF] Cropped HUD in 1366x768

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Sorkvild
x3tc

[XBTF] Cropped HUD in 1366x768

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 22. May 15, 17:50

I run Steam version of XBTF on my notebook in native resolution 1366x768, but the image I see is slightly cropped from top & bottom of the screen. because of that, when docked at the station I can't see the amount of credits I have. Launching in windowed mode doesn't make any better. Ideas, fixes, workarounds?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 22. May 15, 23:51

At the time X-BTF was created, standard resolutions almost exclusively used 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios, so the game was written in those in mind. Widescreen 16:9 and 16:10 screens came quite a bit later and unfortunately the game doesn't work perfectly in those resolutions. The only real workaround is to choose a different resolution.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 23. May 15, 14:58

4:3 ratio looks bad on laptop's display, pity :/

I think many fans would appreciate some sort of final patch for XBTF & XT that would allow to play on widescreen
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”