[MOD UI][LU] Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD **UPDATED for LU 1.7.2**

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

solarahawk
x4

[MOD UI][LU] Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD **UPDATED for LU 1.7.2**

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 19. May 15, 06:50

Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD

UPDATED for LU 1.7.2

My all-time favorite HUD design is TrixX's X-Universe Gold UI for TC/AP, which I have modified with some of my own tweaks for my game. I missed having it in LU, so I have ported it over, and I figured, after checking with TrixX, I might as well share it with y'all in case any of you like it too.

Features:

* Gold/Red/Grey color scheme

* New gravidar design adapted from bolgimo's jc hud:

EXE Installer (Mediafire)

Installation:

* Run the exe installer, just as you would for the main LU GUI installer, and point the installer to the main X3 game directory in which LU is installed.

* To restore the game to one of the original LU GUI styles, or TrixX's variants, rerun the original GUI installer from the LU wiki. All files will be restored.

Compatibility Notes:

Should be compatible with most mods and plugins, except for other UI mods.

Screenshots:

Click images to view gallery with full-size images
Image[/b]
Last edited by solarahawk on Wed, 21. Mar 18, 05:16, edited 5 times in total.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 19. May 15, 11:30

a proper looking hud for LU. Thanks.
Will there be more color variations?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 19. May 15, 16:23

Hmm, wasn't planning on it. But if anyone wants to create some, you could ask TrixX about the original Photoshop source files. I did the porting the hard way, by slicing up the Gold UI dds files and rearranging the elements to fit the new sprite layout in LU (by aligning the elements in layers over the LU dds sprite files.) I had already been through that process once a long time ago to swap out the original gravidar for my replacement.

It would probably be much easier to do it using the original source files, and then changing element colors would be much faster.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 15:11

very good-looking

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Wed, 1. Jul 15, 00:27

wow, what an improvement! thanks buddy.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 04:25

does it enlarge the tiny font any? that would be nice.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 10:31

This here doesn't modify the font. However, since I'm also interested in this, I combined the bigger font of "Pure X HUD With Larger Font" with this Gold UI. You can find it here on my page: http://blubb.najut.org/lu/LU-GoldUI-V1. ... r_font.zip
You have to copy the content of this ZIP file directly to your X3 LU directory, NOT into the addon directory!

Siigari
x4

Post by Siigari » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 21:57

Hey there. For some reason my HUD looks corrupted.

Any idea what's going on?

http://i.imgur.com/iBzKEAW.jpg
I USE XRM - my post questions and comments revolve around it!

Core i7 3770k / Twin EVGA 770 GTX / 16 GB G.Skill RAM / OCZ Agility 120 GB SSD / Triple Asus MX279H 27" LED / Asus Xonar Essence STX / Mionix Naos 7200 | Mionix Zibal 60

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 22:03

Are you using LU? I'm asking because the last question you asked was about XRM.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 19. Apr 16, 02:31

solarahawk wrote:It would probably be much easier to do it using the original source files, and then changing element colors would be much faster.
Indeed it would have been, though my PSD files are probably a bit of a mess to recolour from back then ;)

Should have PM'd me :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 23:50

This looks great... Thanks.

I've got a slight problem with mine though. I get a "readtext35-112" instead of the word "chaff".

I've re-installed it a few times with no difference.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 07:11

Hmm. I'll take a look tomorrow and verify there isn't anything wonky with the installer. But nothing has changed with it since last time I tried it without issue.

If you have installed LU following Litcube's wiki instructions, installing this GUI any time after installing the LU base and the current patch installer should pose no issues. First, make sure you installed LU correctly and that it runs as intended. Then run this GUI installer. You can revert back to the vanilla GUI or any of its variants by running the LU GUI installer. This mod works exactly like the LU vanilla GUI updater and the interface can be changed at any time by running the desired utility.

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 15:12

Clean copied latest steam X3TC without bonus pack Tick.
Installed no_steam.exe Tick.
Installed LUV 1.40 Tick.
Installed LUV 1.62 Patch. Tick.
Installed LUV Soundtrack. Tick.
Installed Gold GUI. Tick.
Start new game. Tick.

Still get the readtext error on the part that usually says "chaff"

Tried installing the LUV GUI bofore gold and after, both revert my GUI back to malachite but once Gold has been installed the readtext error stays.

Beginning to think I can cope with this as I never live long enough to use "chaff" anyway :)

** Sorted ** If I install GoldUI before patch 1.6.2 then it's fine.

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Mon, 9. May 16, 12:01

Updated to 1.7 and the readtext error is back :(

Can't just be me with this error... Or can it?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 9. May 16, 17:10

Nothing in the Gold UI should be altering the Chaff to readtext35-112 as to do that it would need to alter a file that shouldn't exist in it's installer.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Tue, 10. May 16, 17:24

I wonder if there's a common folder somewhere on my system that is picking up GUI information as in from my other installed games " cities Skylines or Train Fever "?

I install a fresh X3TC onto my D drive and install LU 1.7 then install the soundpack and then install Gold... No other mods and the text error is there. If I miss Gold and install any of your colours from the install pack they work fine.

The one thing I noticed was that when I install 1.7 and choose not to install a GUI, it tells me there is one already installed and that it will still use it.

It's no biggy... and the problem is at my end, but it's a pain as I think the Gold is just the best I've ever seen and used.

How come Gold isn't put into the LU GUI install package?

Thanks.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 10. May 16, 17:52

It's a mod of my old UI from 2013 by Solarhawk to be compatible with LU. Not sure why you get the chaff error though, as looking at the stuff in the installer it shouldn't create that issue.

I'm about to upload a new one in a few hours, just waiting on the OK from Mr Litcube Sir :)
Sir Ken Robinson

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Fri, 13. May 16, 11:47

Any news on the update? :)

WinzLer
x4

Post by WinzLer » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 08:47

Fspiders wrote:Updated to 1.7 and the readtext error is back :(

Can't just be me with this error... Or can it?

I'm getting the same error with V1.7 as well not just you. How do we fix this? anyone?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 11:28

Fspiders wrote:** Sorted ** If I install GoldUI before patch 1.6.2 then it's fine.
This suggests that the GoldUI replaces either the mentioned text id or the whole text file, where this text id is present. Text files are loaded after each other. If two files contain the same id, the text will be taken from the file that is loaded last.
WinzLer wrote:I'm getting the same error with V1.7 as well not just you. How do we fix this? anyone?
An easy fix should be the following (not tested, as I don't have LU installed):
1. Get into the addon\t folder of your LU installation directory.
2. Open the text file of the GoldUI HUD. (This should be an .xml file, which can be opened with any .text or .xml editor.)
3. In that file search for the highest page id "35". (This should be page id "380035". If you don't find that page, take the next lower one. Possible ids are "350035", "300035" and "35".)
4. Add the following text line to the found page id:

Code: Select all

<t id="112">Chaff</t>

4. Save the file, start the game and load your savegame.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”