[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 07:05

YorrickVander wrote:Not seeing any of that error log in 3.51 rc1
Then I do not know. Such mod I do not use, only this one. And I have a big error log. :cry:

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 12:12

Possibly caused by following the advice in the leftover instructions from previous patch. I had done the same and removed those files, and was missing maelstrom textures completely until I saw MJ's reply and reinstalled the patch without removing any files.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 13:24

Lander1979 wrote:Possibly caused by following the advice in the leftover instructions from previous patch. I had done the same and removed those files, and was missing maelstrom textures completely until I saw MJ's reply and reinstalled the patch without removing any files.
No. I downloaded all the files again and updated without deleting other files. It is a clean mod.

Full version

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 23:38

Jeah, sorry for not erasing the Note- a huuuuge mistake :oops: :oops: :oops: hope that its working now- but some of that Error Logs are still confusing- why can`t it match the collection 'environments' ? I have to work very carefully through it- but the actual version should work- It's the same file I installed- literally, I have exactly the same files as you are, and just two other mods installed (PimpMySkunk and a little extension making the Mk5 buyable) and of course Re-Imagined- but thats a completely different thing and touches no mod in the 'extensions' folder.
Of course you have many errors in the log- since one of the last updates this file collects many errors created by EGO itself, so thats normal state for now. That makes it also harder finding any errors created by Ency- thanks for searching.
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 00:08

okay, I checked all with 3.51 again, and everything still works fine with 3.51 :)
greetings, MJ Fire

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 00:34

Thanks for doing the checks :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 09:36

OK. I will test the mod on a clean game without any additional mods.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 10:52

I found the mod is incompatible with Ency-Mod. its " Delete all old faces ".

After disable " Delete all old faces" , all the errors are gone.

:?

I apologize for my haste. But without error log, would not have known about the incompatibility. :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 09:56

The proposal to the author.

If you have the desire and opportunity, could you lighten the Maelstrom. It is too black. )) Neither not visible. :roll:

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 22:52

:lol: hard to choose which mod I want to use... this or keep using XR Planets and Nebula mod

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 22:04

small question and I know I'm probably asking a stupid one, from the OP this mod is meant to be used with the Re-Imagined mod?

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 12:42

Yes, this mod works best with the Sweetfx Modification Re-Imagined (Link to it on the first post) but it doesn't need it to run- it just looks better with it ;) :D it's your choice, if you install Re-Imagined (or another Sweetfx, I think it can also work well with other aviable Sweetfx mods) or play it without any of this- it's just a recommendation.
@alexalsp: Hm, I can try to make it a bit brighter- It's so dark because I tried to create a look similar to the original Egosoft atmosphere of the system- dark, dusty, a bit grey, with the maelstrom dominating it.
Aaah, yes, my mod also replaces the old faces so there is a conflict between both. Without the second facemod it should be much better ;) :D
greetings MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 12:45

@Requiemfang: the reduced Version is for XRPlanets fans: It works with original BG and Planettextures to be compatible with XR Planets :)
greetings, MJ Fire

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 17:14

Would it be possible to have this mod on Steam workshop? As far as I know the 100mb size limit has been lifted away.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 22:58

Really? :o :o :o sounds interesting... :wink: :mrgreen:
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 1. May 15, 00:35

Still not a functional upload with the Workshoptool... :( 375 MB size of the full version- still too much?
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 10. May 15, 19:46

Hi Commodore, I just wanted to drop a line to thank you for your wonderful mod, I've used it for some months by now, even if I don't use all parts of it and I "merged" it with nebulas from Ico_HR (I liked his nebulas more than yours, but I liked your planets a lot more than his :D), to try to obtain something more akin to my tastes, I hope you don't mind if I made some "cuts" here and there :)...

It really gives "new life" to the universe, and I also used it to make the winning entry for the X Rebirth video competition :D...so, if the video ended out to be so nice to be the favourite one for the Egosoft guys, it's for a big part also thanks to your work! ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 15. May 15, 22:42

Yeah, I saw it :D :D :D :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: Congratiulations for winnig this competition- A wonderful Video and great Trailer for Rebirth!
I'm so thankful and thrilled that I can see parts of my Mod in the fantastic winnervideo, And I think ICO_hr will feel the same way- thank you for that. I'm glad that my mod makes your experience of Rebirth better!
And now I will see it again... and again... and again... :D
thankful greetings and applause for the WINNER, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 16. May 15, 13:43

Okay, I finally decided that I will make a pach especially for the players not using Re-Imagined- the BG tex are made primary for a player using Re-Imagined, the problem is thje colorisation and contrast in BGs like DeVries and Albion- I will try to get a more similar look for the original version without Re-Imagined...
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Mon, 18. May 15, 22:42

Now that you mention it, yes I don't use Re-Imagined, this may very well be one of the reasons why the nebula in your "vanilla" mod (it's like I made a mod of a mod :D) seemed to be a little too strange in game...but still, planets are AWESOME, I could stare at the one in Albion for hours (and I do it indeed since I made my home in Far Out :)), and the giant in Omicron is as giant as a giant could be :D

I even liked a lot the "Interstellar" black hole in Maelstrom, I kept the original sector look only because the modded one seemed a bit too dull and grim for my taste (I really like sectors bathed in light, especially blue light! :P)

Still thank for your and every other modder's work ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”