Unwanted missions

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Unwanted missions

Post by strude » Wed, 13. May 15, 06:09

Just started playing again since V3.10

First due I try and talk to on a platform immediately asks me about accepting a mission? Is happened a couple of times since then too. I'm just passing through the plot and up to buying energy cells, so haven't even started looking at missions ye.

Is this a bug or something to do with updates since 3.10? The briefing showed a reward of big credits per shield or other items.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Wed, 13. May 15, 11:38

I already have this very few times in the past and even now ;), for me it's not a bug but a weird mechanism.
If a "trader PNJ" has a mission to propose you will not be able to access to its trading windows, mission briefing has priority.
Even if you takes it, aborts it or not, you still not be able to trade with him or small-talk. Probably after a moment it's will be ok, a kind of reset.
Last edited by Loltak on Wed, 13. May 15, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 13. May 15, 14:34

These are missions for the rare or unique items. You can accept them then ignore them to stop them showing up again in other stations (they'll repeat wherever you are if you cancel them). The rewards are pretty good, and there's no time limit for the mission(s)

The unique (artefacts/relics) missions may have a bug in that accepting then cancelling & re-accepting means you don't get the correct reward (shields); I think that may be fixed in the forthcoming release
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”