[Tool] X Rebirth Save Editor (08.12.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bamboonga
x3tc

Wow nice job *dripping with sarcasm*

Post by Bamboonga » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 23:49

Thanks for hiding the file so nobody could get to it
----

File hidden
This file has currently been set to hidden by the author of the file. You cannot look at this file page or download any files relating to this file until the author makes the file visible to the public again.

----

You're a real kick in the nuts, a$shole.

That's right folks, may as well just move on down the line...if anybody has an editor link that isn't being hoarded, I'd be most appreciative.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 01:06

This editor has been outdated for over a year -- a lot of people just walked away from the Rebirth in frustration over how rough it still was around that time.

The only current editor project that I'm aware of is this one.

Bamboonga
x3tc

Post by Bamboonga » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 09:51

I found an older version of the one the OP advertised...works just fine except it keeps changing the names of every ship I've ever purchased. No big thing to change it back...

From what I've seen, editors that worked on v1.0 savegames work on current ones. I've only tried 2, but one of them is literally for the original game version. I'll have to check this one out - thanks

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 4. May 15, 04:03

Monday 4 May, 2015. And this editor is still the best save game editor. Well Done. :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 4. May 15, 10:59

monze wrote:Monday 4 May, 2015. And this editor is still the best save game editor. Well Done. :)
Are you sure?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 4. May 15, 12:50

alexalsp wrote:
monze wrote:Monday 4 May, 2015. And this editor is still the best save game editor. Well Done. :)
Are you sure?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
Unlike the editor you suggest. This editor can also edit players ships as well as edit cargo. ( Which is very handy when a certain product has become very rare.)

Plus much easier to use.
So yeah, I'm sure.

dfm5000

Post by dfm5000 » Tue, 5. May 15, 04:50

I'm going to show you the best editor in the world.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Make sure you go into preferences when you get it installed and turn off auto complete, or it will make you upset.

Now to help you stop the crying part of this forum, go to my documents, find egosoft.

Find your most recent save, back it up incase you mess up. Open that save with notepad ++ remove the extension you don't want.

It couldn't be anymore easier then that; you can still do this in notepad but it will take a year to open.

Someone wanted to mess with there ship you can do that to. Once your able to get back into your game, rename the ship you'd like to edit.

Then Save it, you can leave notepad ++ open it will automatically update if you re-save your save. Use the find control ctrl +f type the name of the ship and start editing.

Once again back your stuff up.

Load your save to complete the changes.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 5. May 15, 06:24

:lol:
I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mean to convey that I was "crying". I was just making the observation that this editor was still the best save game editor after all this time.

I have yet to see an editor that does so much while being so user friendly, notepad ++ included.

:)

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Tue, 12. May 15, 13:47

Can this editor add a new ship to the player, or just delete it ?
If a ship could be added then one can correct the terrible 'ship stucked in Shipyard' bug. I'm still getting this bug in XR 3.53.

Also thx very much for a working download link 8)

[EDIT]
Ok, I just found a workaround for that bug in the stickies. If it's going to work, that's another question..:D

Thanks,
XenonS

twinview
x4

this editor still cannot get to it says that it's Still

Post by twinview » Tue, 12. May 15, 14:51

Hidden for download but think it's being Upgraded so anyone know when can Download it thanks 8)

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 12. May 15, 16:53

You can get it here:
Download

I haven't tested it on 3.53 saves yet, so don't know if it still works.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

twinview
x4

Thanks

Post by twinview » Tue, 12. May 15, 16:58

Thanks for the Link and Reply....

brady560
x4

Post by brady560 » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 04:27

is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 09:46

brady560 wrote:is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now
Remove the GZ extention, use the save editor, and then put the GZ extension back on.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 15:25

canshow wrote:
brady560 wrote:is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now
Remove the GZ extention, use the save editor, and then put the GZ extension back on.
thats some stupid advice right there considering gz means the file is gzip compressed.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 21:46

In the game settings, disable compression, save the game and you can edit the save file in the editor.

Remember! The editor is very old, and can damage the save file.

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Sun, 12. Jun 16, 05:49

squall_leonhart wrote:
canshow wrote:
thats some stupid advice right there considering gz means the file is gzip compressed.
Choke on your words. How about you give some advice of your own instead of being an asshole.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

brady560
x4

Post by brady560 » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 00:48

alexalsp wrote:
In the game settings, disable compression, save the game and you can edit the save file in the editor.

Remember! The editor is very old, and can damage the save file.
ok so i tried that and the editor still didnt work. i tried to change the cash i had on hand and it wont keep the number i put in.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 08:52

Line 6 is only the savegame display vaule

Code: Select all

<player name="Ren Otani" location="{20005,108}" money="15373"/>
this entry is the actual bankbalance

Code: Select all

<account id="[0x2d]" amount="15373"/>
the easiest way ( but you can get false ones because some othervaule could be similiar ) is to search for the samevaule as in line 6 ;)

Edit: removed the line information , regards to unitrader ;)
Last edited by Rice on Mon, 24. Oct 16, 10:02, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 09:36

Line count is irrelevant since the position depends where the player is currently in the universe. but for some reason it seems to be always account number 0x2d
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”