[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 13:02

you will only be able to activate them one at a time, as the game can only load 1 mod at a time.

If you want to load more than one, you have to convert them to fake patches.

If they are spk files, you can do this in the creator right right clicking on either the cat/dat file and convert to fake patch.

for rar files, you will have to rename cat/dat the files to matching number (the number doesn't matter)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 13:12

Oh ok, thanks.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 18:52

If I am going to try manually installing mods, will not having the libraries "community plugin configuration", "hotkey manager" and "ware manager" change how the hotkeys are configured in the game? Can I get that functionality by installing the libraries, but without using the X Plugin Manager?

TIA
bibo ergo sum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 15:47

most scripts will work if you install things manually.

its mainly scripts that have custom wares that wont work, or custom ships

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 21:52

ok cool, thanks. I may have to use the manager anyway because something else has stopped working and I can't figure out why, which worked fine when installed by the manager (Asteroid Fusion v1.4).

I seem to spend more time trying to get multiple mods working together smoothly now than playing the game :lol:
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 9. Apr 15, 01:52

Oh joy, I did something else wrong (no idea what).

I wiped X3 and even deleted all folders, then reinstalled it and the plugin manager, then sued the plugin manager to install (all the same I used before) mods.

Now I can't exit the plugin manager properly, the app crashes and Windows (7_64Ult) gives me this:

XPluginManager.exe has stopped working

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: XPluginManager.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50103bc6
Fault Module Name: spk.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50103b7a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00017d3a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

That is just from going File...Exit.

And because of that I have a ReadText901-107 menu item in game.

Everything else works in game, even the mods I was having troubles with before.

Any thoughts?
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 21:57

How do I make sure XPM is completely uninstalled? Whenever I uninstall XPM and X3Superbox (including removing the folders they were in) and reinstall them, when I open XPM I get a list of all the mods/script packages I had installed before.
bibo ergo sum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 10:00

For ever game directory, the plugin manager creates a plugin manager directory inside, this contains the info for everything installed for that game directory.

so you will need to remove this from each of the game directories you have used the pm

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 16:18

Thanks, that's easier than what I did. I obliterated \x3 Terran Conflict\ and everything in it, plus the user documents\Egosoft folder and the folder I put XPM in (C:\Games\X Plugin Manager) to finally get a perfectly clean install.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:12

How do I get XPM to install every mod package/archive that has any cat/dat pairs as a fake patch? Currently it puts anything that doesn't provide its cat/dat pairs in the form of 20.cat and 20.dat into the ModSelector, which isn't useful to me as I want them all installed at the same time, not one at a time.

Apparently I am too stupid to install every mod manually, as when I do it they don't all work and I can't understand why not.
bibo ergo sum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:37

You have to define the mod files as fake patches. Simply renaming them to numbers will turn them into fake patches.

If they are in spk files, then you can load them into the creator and convert them into fake patches from there.

Just be aware, that if these mod files contain the same files as others, then they wont all be loaded. So any mod that changes something like ships, will not work with any other mod that changes the ships, as they will both try to modify TShips

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 00:37

This is why I tried to do it manually...XPM is now crashing (again) for me when I close it, after installing some mods. I'm going crazy here just trying to get a few mods to work together.

Edit: OK, that problem solved. Had to break down an spk file and mess with the files to make it a fake patch, then zip it into an archive. Sometimes you just need to step away from a problem and do something else, then come back later and the solution is right in front of you.
bibo ergo sum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 12:02

if you opened the spk file in the creator, you could just right click on the cat/dat file and goto Convert to Fake patch

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 16:14

What's the difference anyway, just renaming the files to 20.cat and 20.dat?
bibo ergo sum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 17:37

theres no difference, thats basically what the option in the creator does. It just may be easier to do it that way rather than extracting the spk, then manually renaming it

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 03:03

Well I got them all converted, and everything works 100%, except for CLS/CAG which still has the waypoint problem. I am taking a break because I have a toothache and need to get in to see my dentist before I go back to using my brain as more than something to drug into insensibility.
bibo ergo sum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

LOST DRIVE: Plug in Manager Help!

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 8. May 15, 20:00

Sorry to make a post that has probably been asked umpteen times already.

Due to reasons unknown My D Drive where I kept my modd'ed AP games folders decided to make itself inaccessible, and resulted in my OP system developing catastrophic failures.

Result I had to do a complete reinstall.

This was not fun as you can imagine.

The result is I now have a new drive but when I tried to run the Plug in manager from the Super box I it only lists TC as the game it will install mod's to or start. I want to mod my AP game to a similar state it was in prior to this disaster so I can use my current saves.

Any suggestions how I can achieve this would be appreciated.

I have copied the Steam TC/ADDON folder to F: X3\Terron conflict\Addons etc' to a new drive and want to get this right first time. The last time I had to do this I had the assistance of a computer savvy friend, who did all the tech stuff. This time I will have to do it myself hence the plea for help.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 8. May 15, 20:22

**Merged with Plugin Manager thread**

I would suggest to uninstall the Plugin Manager version from the Superbox, as it is old version as far as I remember. Then download and install the up to date version from this topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 8. May 15, 20:42

X2 illuminatas:

Thanks for your swift reply I will try that.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 8. May 15, 21:16

Illuminatus:

No same result the download just lists TC as its active game file, and it won't run from my Modded folder it says there is a dll? File missing even though the game starts alright using the short cut to that location?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”