Drone/ammo re-stocking.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hisazul
xr

Drone/ammo re-stocking.

Post by hisazul » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 13:48

Since I can't figure out coding for it... or for most other things really... and all my attempts to get it to do something failed, I'm just going to ask if this actually does anything or not.

I can infinitely buy ammo with Arawn over and over and over and over again but it never fills, yet it sprays those V's like a boss. Likewise putting auto ammo buying option never amounted to any response from anything. Same deal with drones...

1. Does it actually work?
2. How/what factors in triggering mechanics?
3. What and how much gets bought?

On hard, mining ships basically melt in about 5 seconds to random never ending clouds in Reavers/HV. Hell a bad enough swarm drops skunk with mk5 shields in 5 seconds... I watched Arawn get trashed in badlands colony by one of those extra large fighter spawns... took about 30-40 seconds kind of absurd if you ask me.

Then again... considering how fast drones get stuck in the infinite in-use glitch when it comes to ships that don't stay in one zone... I wonder if using drones is even worth it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 16:34

Since one of the recent patches, ammo consumption was removed, I heard (never tested).

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 20:49

Ships don't need ammo now but stations still do. No sink for missiles manufactured in game other then Newton V missiles for stations. The other produced missiles have no purpose what so ever in game now and will sit filled to the brim in their factories.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 21:17

Ah so missile amount -1 on npc ships now went to player ships too... interesting.

What about automatic drone re-stocking?
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Walton Simons

Post by Walton Simons » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 21:27

Karmaticdamage wrote:Ships don't need ammo now but stations still do. No sink for missiles manufactured in game other then Newton V missiles for stations. The other produced missiles have no purpose what so ever in game now and will sit filled to the brim in their factories.
So true,wish I would have knew of this before building a Mil Hi-Tech Manuf and investing huge amounts of cash in it. :headbang:
I have trade agents in every station and I can make some bucks with the Astrobees,but no one wants Novadrones or Sunstalkers.The V Crushers are selling for crap too.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 22:03

Walton Simons wrote:
Karmaticdamage wrote:Ships don't need ammo now but stations still do. No sink for missiles manufactured in game other then Newton V missiles for stations. The other produced missiles have no purpose what so ever in game now and will sit filled to the brim in their factories.
So true,wish I would have knew of this before building a Mil Hi-Tech Manuf and investing huge amounts of cash in it. :headbang:
I have trade agents in every station and I can make some bucks with the Astrobees,but no one wants Novadrones or Sunstalkers.The V Crushers are selling for crap too.
If cap ships could re-stock in some sort of more timely manner it would have stayed I'd imagine. Sadly atm with only 1 cap ship per ->System<- I guess cap ship cradles were permanently in use. Ah well...

Still curious about drones tho.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 29. Apr 15, 00:43

Walton Simons wrote:wish I would have knew of this before building a Mil Hi-Tech Manuf and investing huge amounts of cash in it.
It's not a complete loss, just the missile section. Turrets can still be used for your own stations & occasional shipyard restocking, & you can always fill a capped freighter with missiles & flog it to the nearest trader ;)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Varek Raith
xr

Post by Varek Raith » Wed, 29. Apr 15, 13:41

I didn't know about the infinite ammo thing.
Was the previous iteration broken? If all it did was tie up some shipyards that would be no big deal for me. I'll mod that if it isn't hardcoded.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 21:51

I'd still like to hear how drone auto-restocking works. Mechanics behind it to be more specific. There is bound to be people around that picked that portion of ai script down to the bones.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 3. May 15, 23:27

hisazul wrote:I'd still like to hear how drone auto-restocking works. Mechanics behind it to be more specific. There is bound to be people around that picked that portion of ai script down to the bones.
I'm curious about this also, I've got it 'switched on' but never witnessed it happening in one of my games, so I think it's possibly a broken feature. Like Assault URVs are (or were?) not working for capital ships even though you could load cap ships up with them.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Mon, 4. May 15, 16:33

Luke0086 wrote:
hisazul wrote:I'd still like to hear how drone auto-restocking works. Mechanics behind it to be more specific. There is bound to be people around that picked that portion of ai script down to the bones.
I'm curious about this also, I've got it 'switched on' but never witnessed it happening in one of my games, so I think it's possibly a broken feature. Like Assault URVs are (or were?) not working for capital ships even though you could load cap ships up with them.
Doesn't do anything, last time I checked. I do admit that I haven't checked in a while, but I don't think that the game has changed since then.

It should, theoretically, be possible to make it work similar to how ships check for fuel stocks and refuel. Could be problematic to set when ships check, though. For autorefuel, ships check every time they try to jump. Check every time a ship launches drones, and filter for drone type?

I do it manually with a Lepton which I keep loaded with drones to resupply my immediate fleet with drones. Keeping automated traders stocked up is a pain, though.

There is a mechanism for missile depletion on stations, but, if I remember correctly, it isn't directly tied to missile usage.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 5. May 15, 03:49

Yep this is my issue as well, traders are the only thing that need drones and it's... a very annoying and time consuming process of pulling them off station duties, cleaning their cargo, getting drones and then returning them.... ~_~

For combat ships I don't think it's even worth using. My personal arawn got 144 intrepid mk2 and 40ish overrun mk2 drones permanently stuck in use. Selling/buying/transferring they will still be there. So I gotta go and edit my save. Now imagine doing it for a few dozen ships... Hell my combat wing got 10 caps or so, every station comes with a fulmekron. Now station defense ships wouldn't have to deal with stuck drones(probably) since they don't move but as soon as ship moves problems arise. Whoops I just left 200 of your drones behind soory buddy... but the glorious AI doesn't give a crap how long it takes to make 200 intrepid mk2 drones.

Ah well thanks for confirming that it doesn't do anything.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”