Litcube Mod and satelittes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kelvin14
xr

Post by kelvin14 » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 21:13

I have installed the litcube mod, starting new game as trader, when telling my kestrells to deploy satellites, they just deploy the satellites in the starting sector. What am I doing wrong. Also I cannot put the extension -language 44 in the shortcut, it tells me can not find, however if I use the RUN command this works O.K, however this means whenever I run the game I have to use the RUN command by typing it in every time, the game will run from the shortcut O.K so is the -language 44 needed

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 22:15

Deploy Satellites only happens in discovered sectors. So you need to set one of your scouts to Explore Universe and the other(s) to deploy satellites. Considering how fast they are in deploying sats, I generally set all or most to Explore for a while and once a good number of sectors have been accessed, then I start toggling them to Deploy, though I keep at least one exploring. As I pick up more M5s, I then add more explorers and satellite deployers.

Why are you trying to use -language 44? Is your copy of X3 not an English version? LU is English-only, so you shouldn't need to force language 44, unless there is something weird about your setup. If the game runs fine without -language 44, then it runs fine. Don't overthink it.

kelvin14
xr

Post by kelvin14 » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 22:28

Thanks for the quick reply, it makes sense , the mod certainly improves the game

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 22:31

The deploy satellite command also has a range value, so make sure it's set to something other than 1 or your ship will just drop a satellite in the sector it's in and then park at a station and scratch its butt until it gets new orders.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 22:38

Locked as a previous identical Opening Post was already moved to the correct thread here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”