X-Tension Resolution

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

trinil1

X-Tension Resolution

Post by trinil1 » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 19:31

Hello,

I have tried to run the game in all the available resolution settings and parts of the game screen are cut off.

I have read through many forums and saw many people have had success with 1200x900.

I am running Asus Laptop win 8.1 OS. I am not able to set game resolution to 1200x900 because the option is not there.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 20:07

XBTF and X-Tension weren't designed for widescreen resolutions (i.e. aspect ratios of 16:9 or 16:10). If you select a 4:3 or 5:4 resolution nothing should be cut off, you might see black bars at the top/bottom of the screen though.

As for 1200 x 900, I never heard or read about such a resolution with regards to the X games. Could you link a couple of these threads were people talked about it? The closest I can think of is 1280x800 or 1280x960.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 22:20

.. also a lot of graphics cards own driver control panels will let you select an available resolution and then scale it to best fit your actual display area whether retaining the intended x:y aspect ratio, or by stretching the screen to entirely fill it (which may distort it too much for you).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

trinil1

Post by trinil1 » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 23:43

Interesting... Now that I have been asked to link forum convoes on this, I can't find them.. even doing the same searches I did 3 weeks ago when I first discovered the problem.

I am surprised with the screen cut offs and resolution restrictions though, because I didn't have these challenges with X BTF.

I appreciate the suggestion of scale to fit with my video drive. I will try that and see what happens.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”