Taranis stuck in Shipyard Engines 80m/s no resources listed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Taranis stuck in Shipyard Engines 80m/s no resources listed

Post by Mike Roberts » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 12:19

Please help me sort this out. I put the plot Taranis into the shipyard at Gemstone Manufacture for repair. It has been there for hours (>8). Captain 'new order' is greyed out. Taranis has 100% hull but engines yellow/80m/s. When I check resources (talking to Capital Ship Dealer (XL) the page (Building costs for Taranis) is blank. This problem also means I have one XL shipyard unavailable. Thank you. Mike

Wemheuer
x3tc

Post by Wemheuer » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 13:52

Have you tried to contact a ship dealer on a L sized dock? Order, as example, a freighter, go through the order process to the point where you have to accomplish the deal. If there are any missing ressources, they are marked as red. (Probably you have to scroll for it).

ominous1
xr

Re: Taranis stuck in Shipyard Engines 80m/s no resources listed

Post by ominous1 » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 14:54

if its been just sitting there go back contact the dealer and show construction plans. from some reason they will still accept to repair your ship even though THEY do not have the supplies to fully fix it most likely fusion reactors
Mike Roberts wrote:Please help me sort this out. I put the plot Taranis into the shipyard at Gemstone Manufacture for repair. It has been there for hours (>8). Captain 'new order' is greyed out. Taranis has 100% hull but engines yellow/80m/s. When I check resources (talking to Capital Ship Dealer (XL) the page (Building costs for Taranis) is blank. This problem also means I have one XL shipyard unavailable. Thank you. Mike

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 16:33

The dock has plenty of supplies, inc fusion reactors (also checked by taking L dealer through new ship). When I contact the ship dealer 'show construction plans' is not an option. I have options 1,2, 4,6 only. 1 is select ship (that includes the Taranis) but cannot proceed as dock is occupied with my Taranis. Option 2 is 'show resource status' which as stated earlier is blank. (4 is find and 6 is goodbye)

Other suggestions to solve this would be greatly appreciated. Mike

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 18. Apr 15, 12:33

You can probably edit the a save file of the ship in this repair state. You'd loose you money AFAIK but can relocate it back in space.

It's rather detailed but worked okay for me when this happend to a small ship that was stuck in repair.

If that's something you're interested in doing, first look at the save file in a text editer and see if you think digesting and modifying that is up your alley. If so, then perhaps look for threads about editing the save files and/or ask in the moding area.

The resource requirements IIRC on player ship repairs should remain even after they have all supplies -- would just show everthing is okay.

The other stuff you may want to check if there is ships clogging up the exit space. NPC ships should get out of the way but a player ship in a hold position mode could maybe keep the ship in the dock forever.

The repair (Construction URV) drones are essential for the shipyard to repair (or build) cap ships. If there are none at the station, repair will never complete.

If the station somehow has no Construction URV then get a trade ship to bring a load to sell the station. Can't say that I've ever run into that situation, but do know they rely on those drones.

Apparently a recent save is not an option. Seriously the repairs themselves when all supplies are presnt, etc, only take a couple/few minutes. The docking and undocking is what take the most time. :-)
Once you hear 'repairs are complete' from the ship dealer you can go play without worry if you want to leave the zone.

It was a mistake to go and play for hours without just waiting the couple/few minutes and be done with it. Dealing with this problem now (despite any sort of game bug perhaps at work) is late.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Tue, 21. Apr 15, 00:03

Thank you for your comments /suggestions.
Both the Taranis and the dock have construction drones and in the latter case only about 1/3 are in use.
The Taranis appears to be fixed. Hull is 100% and engines are 80m/s. However in the ship status the engines bar is at around 90% and yellow rather than green. Hence I wondered if this gives a clue to what is wrong. I can dock on the Taranis, talk to the captain, add/remove from squad but it just stays put.

There are no ships near the XL dock.

I had a brief look at the save game file. I could not see any resources list (and note the ship dealer gave a blank page when I asked about resources). The guides I saw for this problem were just cheating the resources to get the repairs started. In this case I just want to get the ship out in its current (100%) state. XL repairs are working fine in Darned Hot Air but resources are better in Albion. Hence wanting to get this one sorted.
Is there a guide to the save gave file? Happy to edit xml files but it needs more than changing 'docked' to 'space' that I tried. Mike

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Tue, 21. Apr 15, 18:36

That sounds familiar -- is that the plot Taranus?

I have 100% hull and ~90% engine on my plot Taranus. I've been interested in repairing it 100% engine in case there is slight boost speed loss without the engines fully repaired.

However, the shipyard will not accept it for repairs, apparently since there is no hull damage.

You know.. When capturing a Titurel, the engines get blasted to 0% and the engineer repairs them all the way to 100% iirc.. Then engineer just never gets 100% hull.

Maybe if you go and shoot on the ship?

It could be that your best bet is to take the loss on repair cost and mod the save to get it out of that trap. At least you'd have the thing back in service.

I think that I'm going to destroy my Taranus' engines completely and see if the engineer gets them back in order like captured ship engines.

Could be if the plot ship is buggy in this way, that something like what I am going to try on mine is an in-game work-around.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 12:50

Now sorted. Shame I had to edit the save game. First I removed the <blackboard> section of the captain of the Taranis. This appears to enable the full commands. Loaded and did 'add to squad' and it backed out of the shipyard. :) The dock still thought is was busy so had to follow the clear dock thread. This needs the ID for the dock - so I went back to the earlier save and searched for macro="units_size_xl_capital_destroyer_2_macro" connection="dock" so I could then find the dock ID. Then I could find the right dock and clear the lines as instructed.
I then repaired a Titurel but the hull was not changed. But it was not stuck so some progress! Next I loaded a drone - went OK and then went back and did another repair and all went fine and then went back again to load some more drones.
So back to the game, now with a Taranis (yes this is the plot Taranis) to help and hopefully it will be a long time before I have to edit again. (PS used Notepad++. Glad I have a little xml/programming experience) Mike

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 13:53

Glad you sorted that out!

I was wrong on the titurel capture, engine repair previously.. Just got another and hull and engine both sync up at 90% max.

To clarify, it appears that you were able to get 100% engine and hull via an XL shipyard repair?

I have to create some hull damage apparently first but I am interested in fixing it FWIW.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”