[EMP]Extended Mod Pack (2.7 compatible) [Not needed for latest Plugin Manager]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShEsHy

Post by ShEsHy » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 13:33

I apologise for the necro, but this seems to be the best place to post my issue. I have several broken item names in the game, and have too many scripts installed to isolate the cause by disabling them one by one. I also don't know of any way to identify the cause by the broken name, so I'm going to list them here as I find them and hope someone can help, either with the name of the script that is broken, or with a method with which I can figure out the cause myself.

Here's the list of broken names, their cost, and station (will update as I play):
ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM11_9; 158.204 credits; Boron Equipment Dock
ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM17_16; 6,338,116 credits; Split Equipment Dock
Last edited by ShEsHy on Wed, 16. Oct 13, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 13:52

ShEsHy wrote:I apologise for the necro, but this seems to be the best place to post my issue. I have several broken item names in the game, and have too many scripts installed to isolate the cause by disabling them one by one. I also don't know of any way to identify the cause by the broken name, so I'm going to list them here as I find them and hope someone can help, either with the name of the script that is broken, or with a method with which I can figure out the cause myself.

Here's the list of broken names, their cost, and station (will update as I play):
ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM11_9; 158.204 credits; Boron Shipyard
if you're using plugin manager and/or XRM you needn't a separate EMP installation. they are already included.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

ShEsHy

Post by ShEsHy » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 15:14

vukica wrote:
ShEsHy wrote:I apologise for the necro, but this seems to be the best place to post my issue. I have several broken item names in the game, and have too many scripts installed to isolate the cause by disabling them one by one. I also don't know of any way to identify the cause by the broken name, so I'm going to list them here as I find them and hope someone can help, either with the name of the script that is broken, or with a method with which I can figure out the cause myself.

ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM11_9; 158.204 credits; Boron Shipyard
if you're using plugin manager and/or XRM you needn't a separate EMP installation. they are already included.
I am using the Plugin Manager (1.47) with the build-in EMP. I'm not using XRM, nor did I install EMP separately.

*off-topic*
Hvala za hiter odgovor sosed iz juga ;).

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 22. Mar 14, 00:07

Please reserve the following ware for the Replication script.

Code: Select all

62010: SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM2_26 

<page id="17" title="Boardcomp. objects" desc="" voice="no">
  <t id="62010">Replicator</t>
  <t id="62011">Replicator units produce energy, missiles, drones and ammunition over time. Add additional units to increase production rate. Production is enabled through an additional ship command.</t>
</page>

blackbow

Sorry to bring it back from the grave

Post by blackbow » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 05:30

Haven't played X3TC since X3:R. Bought X:R, hated it. Back to X3:TC.

downloaded Cycrow's script pack. It seemed to show up ok. Then I went to buy a Nividium mine and the Paranid don't have it listed. Neither does Terraformer HQ.

So I did a LOT of digging and found the EMP pack because when I installed all Cycrow's stuff, some of the new wares showed up with codes like ZA_EMP_10073_ blah blah blah. I saw I wasn't supposed to need the EMP pack but I didn't know what else to do. I DID reinstall X3TC in the Games folder because of that Win7 screwup so that's handled. I ALSO (funny enough) discovered that the PM default installs to Program Files (X86) so I reinstalled it in Games as well.

Still getting the ZA_EMP_ blah blah blah and now most of the ship names have gone away in the sensor readout.

I just really want my Nividium mine to work. All the other scripts seem to be showing up in the script editor. Yes, I enabled Thereshallbewings.

Help?

blackbow

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 05:35

You don't need this EMP pack; the Plugin Manager (PM) completely handles EMP in a safe way. (Even if the instructions for a script say that this pack is "required", it is not. That is old information -- the PM is the modern way to use EMP.)

Tip: Close the PM before starting the game. The PM does its magic while it is closing.

As for the specific script that you are having difficulty with, you should posted in that thread so that we could know what you are talking about.

blackbow

Post by blackbow » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 18:47

I figured all that out. As I said, I simply did it because I didn't know why else the ZA_EMP would be showing up instead of the correct name in the wares list. I still don't know why and would like to get that fixed as well. I'll go post in the Nividium mine script and see what I'm not getting there.

blackbow

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 10:36

there are a number of reasons that could cause problems.

the main one is that EMP was changed, and the ids were shifted slightly.

Any scripts that were designed for the old version would no longer match the newer one, so the text gets applied to the wrong ware.

the only way to fix these is to update the script to use the correct ware.

most were updated, but some may have been missed

Oddball002

Oddball002-PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Oddball002 » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 14:52

I got this for the DMA which i also just got. My game just glitches out and forces me to force quit when i click and key, if anyone can help me that would be very much appreciated. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,
Oddball002 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 17:02

Oddball002 wrote:I got this for the DMA which i also just got.
If you installed that script using the Plugin Manager by Cycrow, you actually don't need the EMP version posted in this topic here. As stated in the OP:
!!Please note: The EMP is not needed when using the latest version of the Plugin Manager (PM), as it comes with its own version of the EMP. If you encounter any problems with EMP wares ({ZA_EMP_etc}) instead of the real ware names being displayed in the game, make sure that you have closed the PM before starting the game.!!
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Oddball002

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Oddball002 » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 23:02

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Oddball002

Post by Oddball002 » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 23:15

oNLY CAN HOPE IT'LL WORK. [Crossing my fingers] :wink:

Oddball002

Post by Oddball002 » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 23:22

Oddball002 wrote:oNLY CAN HOPE IT'LL WORK. [Crossing my fingers] :wink:
It didn't work :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oddball002

Post by Oddball002 » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 23:25

It still just freezes like 2 seconds after loading a save :cry: :cry: :cry: , no matter which one. Please help, I have come a long way in that save, and i don't want to lose it. The only other explanation is that the DMA itself is screwing it up. I just hope not :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please help me figure this out

Oddball002

Not Actually Reimu
x4

Re: [EMP]Extended Mod Pack (2.7 compatible) [Not needed for latest Plugin Manager]

Post by Not Actually Reimu » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 08:31

Apologies for the necro, but ALL the resources for this pack are gone and I have been hunting for AGES trying to figure out the ware masses and volumes, etc. Does anyone have the original sheet, or whatever it was put on?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [EMP]Extended Mod Pack (2.7 compatible) [Not needed for latest Plugin Manager]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 08:40

I adjusted the main download link in the opening post, so that it works again:
DIGSIN wrote:
Wed, 29. Oct 08, 18:52
Downloads

Main Download: EMP-X v2.7
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 22:40

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 08:40
I adjusted the main download link in the opening post, so that it works again:
DIGSIN wrote:
Wed, 29. Oct 08, 18:52
Downloads

Main Download: EMP-X v2.7
I have just sent the following in a PM,

Hello X2 Illuminatus,

Just seen your update to the emp link.

Thanks.

I have lost most of my old items from the x series, its nice to see someone still has them to release to the members. Good on you.

Digsin

This is why i love this site.
I have been absent for over 10 years, but someone still has the mods i worked on, and they are willing to share it.

Well done to the members of Egosoft

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”