[Guide] X3 Handbook for Albion Prelude (v7 for Kindle)(v5 for PDF Download)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 23:24

ty for bookmarking V5

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Tue, 29. Jun 10, 17:59

what the guide REALLY needs are the words "Dont Panic" written in bold and friendly font on the back of the guide. :lol:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 30. Jun 10, 01:57

It has occured, but that would be a copyright violation. :lol:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 30. Jun 10, 13:24

apricotslice wrote:It has occured, but that would be a copyright violation. :lol:
Nah..."Don't Panic" was written on the front on the HHGttG, so totally different! :-)

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 23:21

omg i'm gonna cry. Ver 5.0 and i "PRINTED OUT" version 4 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fail I Have.....
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 23:46

Just reprint the revised pages then.
Much of the two versions are the same. Version 5 just adds some newer plot details etc.
Either that ,or wait and see if the author will do a version six.

He might even get a round to a printed version some day.You never know.

@ apricotdlice

Any plans for updates ?
Now that the Superbox has been released,maybe another look at BTF and X-tension?
Hope this finds you as well as you can be.
Please feel free to pm or e-mail me sometime.
Not heard from you for ages.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 03:01

When I see a walkthrough for the v3 plot, I'll at least be doing an update.

Nice thought though. Including the earlier game walkthroughs as well. I was thinking of playing them just to see how they went, since my first exposure was X2. Although no scripting in them has given me pause.

Still have plans for a printed version, but didnt see any point until after v3 was out and any new stuff was added. But there is a definite idea, to make the printed one to memorialize the full game series.

I still haunt modding, but I've had a really bad health year, so my productive moments have been few and far between.

Anyway, now that v3 is out, and all the games are playable on current equipment, it is appropriate for content thats been missed because the handbook started at X3 and just backtracked a bit, to be included now.

SO......

Suggestions for inclusions. v3, BTF, X-T, X2

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 09:31

There is walkthrough here for version three.
End of mission has a bug where if you leave the system by normal means ,going through the gate, then your rig may freeze.
This can be avoided by using UFJD and waiting for the attack ships to appear and the use UFJD again to complete the plot.
There are a thread or two concerning BTF and X-Tension.
There has been some interesting information coming through on my thread about lack of manuals for BTF.

Argonopedia has been unlocked a bit for access to BTF and X-Tension data etc.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 09:40

Whats the link to the v3 walkthrough ?

I saw a WIP one a while ago, but cant find the link.

Unfortunately, I'm using all plots complete, and the v3 plot cant start until thats amended to cater for it. So I cant run it yet myself to add the walkthrough to my own.

Walkthroughs for BTF and X-T are essential, for symetry purposes if nothing else.

General note : Please posts links with all suggestions.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 09:54

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 10:00

Ta.

With your BTF thread, why dont you accumulate all the collected wisdom in the thread into a mini guide in the op ? "What the X3 player needs to know before tackling BTF without going bald".

I havent read past page 1 yet, but I already gather that for the X3 player, BTF is going to be serious culture shock, just on the basis of what isnt included that is taken for granted in the later games.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 10:13

I havent read past page 1 yet, but I already gather that for the X3 player, BTF is going to be serious culture shock, just on the basis of what isnt included that is taken for granted in the later games.
erm...yyyeeesss.

Understatement of the year.
Working blind,as I have it was quite an eye opener.It has taken quite a few hours of game-play before i started to feel "at home" with it.

Prices of products are different.
E-celss can be very lucrative, whereas ore will not go below 77credits and the max is not so high either.
atm I am buying for 90 and selling @ 135

MBBenjamin

Thanks for the hard work!!

Post by MBBenjamin » Mon, 4. Jul 11, 18:12

Hi Apricotslice,

I just discovered X3: Reunion a month or so ago, and was impressed by the gameplay. The only bad thing about is the very steep learning curve, as many point out here on the forums.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you put into building the Handbook and gathering all the information into an easily readable format, as well as for you humorous topics and tips.

Of course I also have to thank to all those whose tips and explanations are part of the handbook, they really make the life of any Xverse newcommers much easier.

Thank you all!!! :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 03:19

Announcement :

Version 6 of the X3 Handbook is now available as a Kindle ebook for Kindle devices and devices that run the Kindle app. Price is $1.99 US.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EV43G3Y

I think it is best viewed from Ipad or Ipad Mini, which have the largest screens. On the smaller devices, I'd recommend that the font size be dropped to get more on the screen for each page.

The size is over 3mb, which for Kindle is very big. As such, the minimum price I could set was $1.99, given the download costs for that size of file. Sorry about it being higher, but there was nothing I could do about that.

It does not include any AP stuff as yet. I decided that a version for TC was appropriate for those still playing the game, and that the AP version to come should be a separate release. This will establish a progression that will follow to the first Handbook release for Rebirth.

Anyone who is interested can download a sample and see how it functions.

All Guides and articles can be directly accessed by pressing the contents line. All links within guides and articles, especially back to the forum here, can likewise be pressed with a finger. (As long as you have active net on the device).

The is the next logical step in the evolution of the Handbook, albiet with a necessary cost involved.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 02:09

For those who have recently joined the X Universe, and found XR unplayable for now, and have decided to try the previous games, here is the resource you need to get past the learning curve on TC or AP. :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 11:12

Gives me a reason to get a Kindle :-)

Looking forward to A good Rebirth Guide. :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 11:14

TTD wrote:Gives me a reason to get a Kindle :-)
Or anything that will run a Kindle App.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 17. Apr 15, 12:18

I've been away from the game and the forums for a while now, but I notice the Handbook still gets about 300 downloads a month and some Kindle downloads.

So it is obviously still of use to those playing the game, even though its download volume has finally dropped from its once high of an average of 800 a month.

300 a month is still good to see though.

For those using the Handbook, does it need an update for AP ? The last time I looked was quite some time ago, and there was not really enough new material to be worth the effort.

Has that changed ?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Apr 15, 08:54

wow ! 2 years is a long time ! Not sure if you have guides to all the AP updates...not read it for a long time.

But if not , then Rougey's site might still have them,if you need notes.

Nice to see it still downloaded though

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 07:00

apricotslice wrote:I've been away from the game and the forums for a while now, but I notice the Handbook still gets about 300 downloads a month and some Kindle downloads.

So it is obviously still of use to those playing the game, even though its download volume has finally dropped from its once high of an average of 800 a month.

300 a month is still good to see though.

For those using the Handbook, does it need an update for AP ? The last time I looked was quite some time ago, and there was not really enough new material to be worth the effort.

Has that changed ?
Wait for upcoming AP patch then update it. You never know what Ego is going to pull out of their pants.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”