small and medium ship repair

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

small and medium ship repair

Post by donzi » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:43

This seems to be a cash for repair service exclusivly, and not digging into resources..

RE: there is no required resource list like cap ship services, which I suppose could in an unlucky case, cause a cap ship to get stalled in the repair process.

Anyhow, this is about small and meduim ships. Is that pretty much the case? No resource worries to fix them?

My asking this is based on the troubles trying to repair a Gigurum.. While I can't be 100% sure, I don't think that the pilot ever ack'd with the 'docking successful' message, which is another matter.

The Gigurum flew into the small ship dock and it just sat there AFAIK for a long time. I finally edited the save file and got the ship back and will try the repair process again.

It's kind of whacko fixing small and medium ships. Many I've fixed are nearly the cost of a new one. lol

Going to experiment with a horde of small ships for all facets for a bit is all. It's much easier to use a bunch of them for examining NPC managers with then than using cap ships.

I think ultimatly the script for medium ship repair failed for some reason. I've repaired a ton of fighters, some took a bit of time to finally get snapped into the docking bay, however I'm just getting around to 'small' trade and mining ship repairs and other stuff they can/can't do.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:52

I think you're assumption that resources are not used in small ship repairs is not correct, as you found out trying to repair your Gigurum. I have found when the repair dock is short on resources, my ships don't get repaired until that resource is delivered.

Given the volume of small ships getting destroyed vs. capitals, I'm not so sure the small shipyards aren't a bigger resource sink that the capital shipyards.

Regards,
Thu

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 03:54

I think that the resource usage and requirement for small ships is working. It's just that the reporting of what is needed and what is wrong is not clear, or not there at all.

When it stops, it's hard to tell why, sometimes. But if you study the trading list for that station (shipyard), by hitting details on the map entry and then hitting 2 for trade, then you can usually see what is needed.

Of course, then you have to find some... 8-)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 18. Apr 15, 13:49

It's clear the small ship production lines are a big sink.

Looking at those production lines, stock levels and such doesn't seem to correlate to haulting repairs though.

I've had some other problems with the same shipyard (DV) with one particular small ship dealer. Still leaning towards a quirk in the repair/npc script.

I may run a test just for kicks.. If I can find a component that cap ships use but no small ship uses then starve the station of that one resource, get all cap dealers building my orders (which stall due to the withheld ware)..

Seems then I can gorge the station with all else and surly would not be a small ship repair resource problem.. But then, without knowing what is needed for small ship repairs (as with cap ships) may be all just a time sink.

Probably easier to dig in the script files for this info. ;-)

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 19. Apr 15, 15:15

donzi wrote:It's clear the small ship production lines are a big sink.

Looking at those production lines, stock levels and such doesn't seem to correlate to haulting repairs though.

I've had some other problems with the same shipyard (DV) with one particular small ship dealer. Still leaning towards a quirk in the repair/npc script.

I may run a test just for kicks.. If I can find a component that cap ships use but no small ship uses then starve the station of that one resource, get all cap dealers building my orders (which stall due to the withheld ware)..

Seems then I can gorge the station with all else and surly would not be a small ship repair resource problem.. But then, without knowing what is needed for small ship repairs (as with cap ships) may be all just a time sink.

Probably easier to dig in the script files for this info. ;-)
Guns is the resource that they don't share. Hit/ma, plasma jets, etc.
The plot npc built shipyard in extinct torch in my game has this current problem. No guns stocked so all it builds is small ships.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”