Engineers not fixing destroyed components

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

drseuss620
x2

Engineers not fixing destroyed components

Post by drseuss620 » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 23:11

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I tried to look with the search function but didn't see anything.

Every single ship I try to capture, or that has a component damage, will not be repaired with the addition of an engineer. He just sits on the ship with "None" as his task. I've tried changing his commands to repair the vessel, but I am unable to make any changes.

I've tried adding drones to ships that can carry them, but this doesn't seem to help. It's been supremely frustrating... but I figured, hell, I'll sell it... I can do that, but I can't do that every time my trading ship has a problem.

I'm running with mods, so it is entirely possible that one of them is conflicting, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 23:20

small question, are you inzone when this is happening?

Also it'd be a good idea to list the mods your using.

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 23:24

In Zone, Out of Zone... doesn't matter.

I do notice that when an engineer is on a Non-Player owned vessel, I see their task as "Analyzing Components" but on any player owned vessel I see the task as "None"

There are quite a few mods, I was going to try turning them all of and enabling them one by one. Let me see if I can get a list.

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 00:03

Here are the mods I have installed.

Better Loot Magnet
Mission Computer
Combat Rank Bailout
Combat System Extension
Don't Show me your wares
Teladi Outpost
Green Mouse Cursor
Crossroads Cluster
Improved Missions
Remote Control Range Increase
LR Scanner Duration
More Reduced TRaffic
Remove Boarding Cutscene
Remove Detail Monitor Animation
Ship Recycle
Show Skills
Shut Up Ren
Smart Miner
Station Recycle
Super Scanner
TAF!
Warning System Extension
Buy Trade Subscription

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 00:06

Also ... I take back what I originally said about Engineers on other ships repairing components. They appear to do nothing as well. I know I have seen engineers analyzing components, but I haven't seen it lately.

And I've had this game since release... I recall this used to be an issue with ships components getting destroyed and not being able to be repaired. Surely that would have been fixed, especially if nobody else seems to be having the problem.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 01:30

How old is the save and did you try to replace your engineer with another one you just hired from another system?

Did you try what happens when you start a new game?

Is the Log showing any errors?

Did you try to verify your local data through Steam? (might delete mods which are not from the workshop)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 06:50

I've had this problem for a long time ... and quite honestly, possibly before the issue was fixed.

I haven't started a new game yet... I'll research it a little more but I'm just not wanting to give up a game where I have several dozen hours in just to start over...

Nothing in the log showing errors that I can see.

Will verify the local data now...

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 06:53

Oh and yes... I have hired and fired several engineers... They just seem to get on the ship and not do anything at all.

I did manage to attack another ship and their engineer set to work right away repairing engines and whatnot. They had a drone bay... once I destroyed it, they were dead in the water and unable to do anything.

I tried boarding without killing the drone bay but could never successfully take the ship.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 22:37

My bet is on some kind of mod conflict, maybe directly with the vanilla game or with another mod. Try disabling mods one at a time and see if the engineer starts working again. This may or may not work depending on what's embedded in the save game.

You could also back up your saves, start a new game without mods and see if the engineer works (I'm betting it will). Then add mods one at a time until it no longer works, and you'll have the culprit. Tedious, I know, but it's about all you can do at this point if you want to keep your saves.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 01:32

In zone fixing is bugged and it get stuck (almost all the time)... But after you leave zone ship fixes it self magically in seconds :roll: Once I was waiting almost 2 hours and ship only fixed engine and it got stuck fixing jumpdrive. And I wasn't even using any mods at that time...... Anyway your problem is pretty bad.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 08:05

I would love it if it fixed an engine... then I could at least fly it to a station to repair.

I started a new game ... mods included and it fixed the problem. I'm thinking this is an old issue that got stuck in my save game file.

Ahhh well. At least now the engineer shows repairing instead of 'none'

ominous1
xr

Post by ominous1 » Fri, 17. Apr 15, 06:07

you could have another ship buy construction drones and transfer them to that ship as drones not cargo. make sure the 1 doing he transfer has cargo drones ofc and the ship has subordinates you cant transfer to it for some reason. hopes this helps.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Fri, 1. May 15, 18:29

Somewhat after the fact, but I have noticed on a few ships of mine the engineer would show "Command: none"

..they would fix nothing in this state.

Solution is to pick them up with the skunk and re-assign them to the ship. Maybe just swapping them with an engineer already on the skunk would work too.

Anyhow they get back to work with "Command: repairing" as they should be.

vanilla 3.53

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”