[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 9. Apr 15, 11:25

:)

Mind Blight

Post by Mind Blight » Tue, 19. May 15, 05:55

Hi Apricot

So i ran into a bizarre problem that i think has to do with your Extended PHQ for my X3AP. Most of my saves have become broken/corrupt a couple days ago and i couldn't figure out why. The only mod/script i added recently had been yours(last week). I also have XRM and several others installed.

I was able to load one last save that was in a different sector then where i built my HQ and Boron Equip Dock. After trying to find the problem i noticed that my Boron Equipment Dock has magically transformed into another PHQ....so now i had two in that sector. I am guessing the reason i could not load any of the saves that have been made in that sector is because i was in the sector while the ships that were supposed to be parked in the Boron Dock have now become parked in an HQ so the game could not make them fit? In the OOS save the game was able to shuffle the ships around without crashing the game it seems.

Now, I did not make any changes to the xml file that you provided and i don't know why my Boron Dock transformed into an HQ. Maybe you could shed some light on this because i really do want a Boron Dock in that sector cause there isn't enough parking in these HQs but i don't want them to keep warping. I can send you the xml file that i have in the \types folder in case you want to see if there are changes in it that might cause this to happen. Or maybe it's a conflict with another mod..i have no idea so I really would like your take on this.

PS.....I tried removing your xml file to see if that made a difference. It didn't the saves still crashed the game, the two HQ were still there and with the 500m storage.

Thanks in advance.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 19. May 15, 06:02

XRM tells me all I needed to hear.

From memory, XRM has its own HQ spec, so by putting mine over the top, you break the existing one.

You would need to dig out the XRM Hq.xml file, compare it to the AMS file, and then make a new one, using the XRM one as the base (since it came first).

Alternately, you dig out the XRM one, and make changes to it based on whats in mine.

Exactly which of mine did you use? The stand alone for vanilla? Or the one from the Mod, which includes a lot of extra stations, and the setup for the other mods I built into mine.

Mind Blight

Post by Mind Blight » Tue, 19. May 15, 06:22

Thank you for your quick response Apricot.

I had a feeling it was some sort of mod conflict. I used the xml file i got from your site, X3AP-Apricot-Extended-PHQ-Patch-v5-3.zip. I just placed it in the \types folder and it worked its magic. Changed the storage and the RE/Recycle times like it was meant to. I thought everything was pretty gravy.

To be honest i have no idea how to dig out the xml file from the XRM mods CAT/DAT. When i originally tried to just adjust them using X Editor 2 it wouldn't let me so i downloaded your mod. I was probably going about it all wrong.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 19. May 15, 07:17

HQ.xml is best edited with notepad or wordpad. Its a very simple file. As long as you dont break its structure.

I've never used XRM, so I dont have the file to hand.

If you post a thread asking for someone to post the file for you, send me the link and I'll check out where the conflict might be.

What you could also do, is ask if someone has already done a merging of the 2 versions of HQ, that they can send you. Its very likely, someone has.

Edit: The version you got is for the vanilla game.

Mind Blight

Post by Mind Blight » Tue, 19. May 15, 08:33

XRM is a total conversion mod. It comes with all the bells and whistles packaged into a couple CAT/DAT files so there's no separate xml files, that's why i tried using X3 Editor to dig through them. I found an HQ.pck file in one of the XRM CAT/DATs but was unable to open it like i could others in the Editor's T File Editor.

I might try and see if anyone on the XRM thread has played with the HQ parameters and see what they say. If i have to live without a Boron Equip Dock, i'll survive. I much rather have the extra cargo space in the HQ and shorter RE/Recycle/Build times. Plus i can just plop more of them whenever i run out of parking for my Corvettes....just as long as i have no other save game breaking surprises. :)

PS. I think i read something about your HQs being able to produce stations and ship upgrades? If that true that would be awesome and if u had a link to the stuff that i need to make that happen or instuctions i would be very grateful.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 19. May 15, 08:47

Mind Blight wrote:PS. I think i read something about your HQs being able to produce stations and ship upgrades? If that true that would be awesome and if u had a link to the stuff that i need to make that happen or instuctions i would be very grateful.
The only thing you need is a blueprint. You would have to use the cheat menu to give the HQ the blueprint of what you want to make.

You select the blueprint to make, and it tells you the resources it needs to do it. Feed it, and it makes what you want.

The only problem with this is when you have more than one HQ. The script command to add blueprints only adds them to the last HQ you dropped. So before you add a second HQ, you need to ensure the first one has all the blueprints you will want for it.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 11:42

Can outfit.basics be separated?
Make equipment according to ship type

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:06

Sure. Take a bit of work, but its doable.

I'm not sure why you would want to though.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:14

Love this MOD
Because I was too lazy.
Don't like a ship to equip :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:17

Lazy was why I did it the way I did. I usually wanted all the same things on ships anyway, so just bulk added them.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:21

I understand
I just wanted to if it could.
Separate the equipment out of a script.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:23

By all means, go for it.

Just keep a copy somewhere else when your done so it wont be clobbered accidentally later on if you reload.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:29

This MOD a lot of features are individually made of the script
Only the ship was equipped without separate do
So I hope to have a separate script for the ship's basic equipment

:( I will not

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:32

I thought you were asking permission to change it yourself.

What did you want to do?

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 12:39

I just need the ship equipment
Can you make this a separate script?

I like your script
I'd like to ship equipment alone
Make it a script
But I won't

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 13:07

What ship are you running it on?

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 13:21

All ships

Can you do a separate script?
Ship equipment

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 13:23

Are you talking Apricot ships or non-Apricot ships?

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 13:25

Yes
Don't other functions
As long as the ship equipped

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”