Too many energy cells on station makes trade impossible and negative price

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Teravisor
xr

Too many energy cells on station makes trade impossible and negative price

Post by Teravisor » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 19:59

I have very high relations with RoC and more than 1 mil energy cells in RoC Solar Energetics in DeVries->Glaring truth->Fervid Corona causing this in buy menu:
Image of menu.

Problems:
1. Clicking "Next" in any trade UI it hangs UI with only way to fix it is alt-tab from game to reset UI. (Sound about "How much?" is heard, but next menu is not shown)
2. No trade ships that have destination to buy cells from that station do anything.
3. When selecting that line there is no direction which station contains those 1 mil energy cells in bottom of trade menu (I found a station causing it manually)
4. Well, that's a negative price in buy menu. Does that mean they're supposed to pay me to get rid of their energy?

EDIT: removed UI Hangs part from title as it was caused by mods. Expanded post below.
Last edited by Teravisor on Mon, 30. Mar 15, 23:47, edited 3 times in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 20:52

Wide image replaced by link to keep the forum entry all on-screen.

What is your game version and do you have any mods? Have you verified the X Rebirth Steam gamefiles cache since the last update? Could you provide a vanilla save showing the issue if asked? Just routine info needed before involving the devs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Goobers
x4

Post by Goobers » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 21:20

Is it possible to get -101% in vanilla? I really should get back to play and moving the game along one of these days.

But I do believe Teravisor is/was running two mods. Looking at past posts, there is mention of butter something mod conflicting with the build stations for NPCs mod.

Teravisor
xr

Post by Teravisor » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 23:35

I'm sorry about not-so-full report before and wide image.

Summary: I confirmed it is possible to get negative price and make trade menu unusable for a station in vanilla which is a bug.

I use X Rebirth Steam Version 3.52.
Didn't verify as of first post; did verify files in steam after that, nothing changed.
Can provide vanilla savegame (with Teladi outpost disabled though - I disabled all mods and didn't look that TO is there too) with -102% discount(Required a bit of cheating to do it fast enough on clear game, but nothing that can't happen, steps to reproduce below).
Only mod used in test was small talk hack in order to get huge discount easier.

On unmodded game trade menu said about unhandled exception 256, so I guess previous poster is right about my problems with points 1,3. I'm too lazy to check point 2 in this case, sorry. In my modded game my transport was just staying with 5/5 trade runs and doing nothing (first order was buy EC from bugged factory and yes, it had fuel to jump, and yes, it started jumping right away after I cleared orders and assigned new ones).

A full screenshot of trade menu with exception:
http://i.imgur.com/5w28BD8.jpg

Steps I did to reproduce:
1. Start as free merchant. (Doesn't really matter).
2. Fly to DeVries->Glaring truth->Fervid Corona.
3. Completely scan RoC Solar Energetics station. (Hopefully you get a discount or two at this stage).
4. Now everything we need to cheat in:
4.1. change all storages of this station to 180000 energy cells for all 6 storages (5 energy and 1 general) for total of 1080000 energy cells. In my game some transport did reserve some energycells, it did not matter. 180000 energy cells per storage is maximum that can be stored legally, so nothing that can't happen in real game - my real, but modded game has about same amount of energy cells and has no mod that alters stations.
4.2. add yourself a paranid jewelry for negotiation - easy to get in legal game.
4.3. change relations to and from RoC to 25 (<booster faction="player" relation="0.341623"/> for canterans and by analogue for players) - it is absolutely possible to get this in legal game.
5. Small talk to someone on station, gift paranid jewelry, small talk hard, get extended discount (I got "Huge"). At this point price should update with relations cheat we did in 4.3. At this step I used Small talk hack for convenience (I enabled it after saving after step 4.3)

Result on screenshot. Can provide savegames before and after step 5 if requested. (Also please tell me which filesharer to use if requesting).

P.S. by small talk hack I mean http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/426/ - it only changes curves of talk minigame. Its code was posted somewhere in http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=374805 I think.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Mar 15, 11:18

Trade Exception 256 seems to mean that a discount above 100% has been encountered and the Trade Computer (ie game) cannot handle it.

I guess one issue is that the gameplay was not designed with use of this mod in mind: "Only mod used in test was small talk hack in order to get huge discount easier."

It has been encountered before, such as here and here (3.1 point), and I will remind the devs about it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Goobers
x4

Post by Goobers » Wed, 1. Apr 15, 22:00

AI can't understand it has to pay you to take stuff from it? LOL

My guess is either set a hard cap for discounts (-80? -90? -99.999999?) or a hard cap for price... At least 1 cr?

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”