Unable to give Succules cargo lift drones?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:44

werewolves? wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:I still don't see why you need cargo drones in a fight ship with only 10k 'Jump Fuel' space (it's not cargo space).
For freight transfer to other ships, including fuel and drones. It is particularly helpful for capturing. My Arawn provides security after a capture, then dumps over construction drones to help with repairs, and some fight drones for defence, then I only ever have to worry about topping up one ship with drones.
I think you misunderstood or misread. The Sucellus can transfer construction and fight drones too. Just not CARGO drones (which the Arawn can't do either btw, and what the OP was originally complaining about).

And I still don't know why you'd need to transfer jump fuel. At worst case, you just repair the captured ship and send it to the nearest fuel station, but most of the time they already have some fuel on board anyway ^^

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 01:21

BlackDemon wrote:...
And I still don't know why you'd need to transfer jump fuel. At worst case, you just repair the captured ship and send it to the nearest fuel station, but most of the time they already have some fuel on board anyway ^^
I always empty the tanks on a captured ship when I'm about to sell it. Being able to empty those tanks directly into one of my warships would eliminate one of two steps - first transferring to a freighter and then to the warship. And since captured ships often have no cargo drones of their own, it would be nice if the warship did. So you see, there are good reasons to have cargo drones on a warship. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 01:33

Nanook wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:...
I always empty the tanks on a captured ship when I'm about to sell it. Being able to empty those tanks directly into one of my warships would eliminate one of two steps - first transferring to a freighter and then to the warship. And since captured ships often have no cargo drones of their own, it would be nice if the warship did. So you see, there are good reasons to have cargo drones on a warship. :wink:
I agree.... But I don't understand why do we lose all drones when we destroy drone launcher???? We destroyed launcher not drone bay ???? I think drones shouldn't be destroyed just unable to launch until drone launcher is fixed....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 01:41

Sounds like a good topic for another thread. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 02:30

BlackDemon wrote:
I think you misunderstood or misread. The Sucellus can transfer construction and fight drones too. Just not CARGO drones (which the Arawn can't do either btw, and what the OP was originally complaining about).

and you missed something I said earlier in the thread. Why is it the Teranis can have cargolift drones? WHY that ship and not other capital ships? Don't you find that a bit odd that they gave that ship the ability to have cargo drones while other XL combat ships can't have it?

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 04:03

BlackDemon wrote:
werewolves? wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:I still don't see why you need cargo drones in a fight ship with only 10k 'Jump Fuel' space (it's not cargo space).
For freight transfer to other ships, including fuel and drones. It is particularly helpful for capturing. My Arawn provides security after a capture, then dumps over construction drones to help with repairs, and some fight drones for defence, then I only ever have to worry about topping up one ship with drones.

Yeah, the Arawn can transfer cargolifter drones, I do it all the time. Freight transfer requires cargolifters. You just can't equip them at the shipyard.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 03:19

Happy to report that in the recent 3.52 release that the Sucellus is able to have cargolift drones now :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”