[DELETED] X3 Remap

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 15:33

solarahawk wrote:Hmm, looks like I messed that one up somehow. Modifying the Jobs file for the remap isn't tough, so not sure how I did that. :roll:

I have been working on adding a routine to the remapping utility to take care of updating the Jobs file for the new map. Should help with this.
you're also missing sectors. I'll send you a full conversion list later today, 18pm CET.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 08:33

Ok, an updated package is on its way. I apologize for the Pirate problems. Turns out somehow the wrong Jobs file got into the mod package somewhere along the line. Anyway, all this motivated me to finish up some loose ends with the python utility I wrote to simplify and automate this remapping process.

Along the way, I caught a couple mistakes in how I converted a couple sectors from the LUV map, and I found a bug in the vanilla Jobs file. All in all, turned out quite productive. But it is also why this package is still a beta with a warning.

I have tested the updated map and spawned some new pirates to make sure they die like the scurvy dogs they are. Everything looks good. I passed the package on to vukica, and he should be uploading it and updating the main post once he's looked it over.

If you have an ongoing game you wish to keep, you will need to perform an Export/Import to keep your assets and progress. Otherwise, a new game will make you right as rain.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 02:03

Vukica hasn't been able to review the mod package yet, so he suggested I post it here in case anyone wishes to give it a try. It includes a temporary fix for a job id bug in the vanilla Jobs file. And as always, if you come across any odd issues or have suggestions, please let us know.

v.0.54 for LU 1.5.0:

[Removed/Obsolete]

Edit: Remember, if you have an existing game to update, you will need to perform an Export/Import.
Last edited by solarahawk on Tue, 19. May 15, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 19. May 15, 19:49

Here's an updated version of the Remap. This update DOES require a new game or Export/Import to adjust for the fixed sector.

Changes:

* Restored sector descriptions for the vanilla sectors. Vukica has written descriptions for his new sectors, but I don't have them yet. As soon as he is able to pass them on to me, I will update this package. That update will not require a game restart.

* Removed a sector I previously added by mistake (supposed to be replaced by new sector).

* Fixed errors in Jobs file caused by a bug in my Map Surgeon utility. Whoopsie.

* Added Compatibility Files folder to package. Currently contains patched Jobs file for the Anarkis Pirate Guild plugin. If needed for your game, install the compatibility file after both the Remap and the Anarkis plugin are installed, overwriting the Jobs file in addon/types.

v.0.55 for LU 1.5.0

[Removed]
Last edited by solarahawk on Sat, 23. May 15, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 20. May 15, 11:27

I'm not happy with the new descriptions. I found some incosistencies and deleted a whole bunch of it... basically every split and near-split sector.

EDIT: updated OP

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 20. May 15, 13:16

Ah, the torment of the artist. :P

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 20. May 15, 14:11

solarahawk wrote:Ah, the torment of the artist. :P
I'm also doing code review at work, so normal human language doesn't sit very well anymore.

Split logic better, just shoot, no talk.
Shoot split.
Shoot paranid.
Shoot boron.
Shot human.
Shoot boron again.
Shoot boron again.
Shoot boron again.
split software caught in an endless loop.
Shoot self in the foot.

I communicate with people at work using signals typical for RTOS.

An ordinary lunch invite:

INIT_LUNCH_REQ
SETUP_LUNCH_PAR_FOOD_TYPE

I often get a CFM signal.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 20. May 15, 14:17

i think i need a vacation.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 23. May 15, 23:30

CRITICAL BUGFIX

Turns out the weird sector name problem was caused by the Jobs file. Restored back to the working version in 0.53b. To be safe with your game progress, perform an Export/Import after installing this update.

Changes:

* Restored wares for all stations.

* Restored Jobs file and updated PG compatibility Jobs to this version.

v.0.55a for LU 1.5.0

[ external image ]

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 25. May 15, 09:50

solarahawk wrote:CRITICAL BUGFIX

Turns out the weird sector name problem was caused by the Jobs file. Restored back to the working version in 0.53b. To be safe with your game progress, perform an Export/Import after installing this update.

Changes:

* Restored wares for all stations.

* Restored Jobs file and updated PG compatibility Jobs to this version.

v.0.55a for LU 1.5.0

[ external image ]
alright, as i am doing *ALL* the sector descriptions from scratch i'm going to have a chance to recheck every single sector to make sure everything is OK.
first thing will be uploading current version of remap back to our git repo so we can review changes more easily in the future.

fun fun fun!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 25. May 15, 10:37

Sounds like a good plan. I am looking forward to seeing your new sector descriptions. The idea you mentioned to me the other day looked pretty interesting.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 11:00

Hi vukica,

Thinking of firing up LU again with the new 1.51 patch. Despite the modest number of changes to LU, would you still suggest not using your script for now?

Does this script require a new game start?

Cheers,
Sparks

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 11:21

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Hi vukica,

Thinking of firing up LU again with the new 1.51 patch. Despite the modest number of changes to LU, would you still suggest not using your script for now?

Does this script require a new game start?

Cheers,
Sparks
i think it will be fine. future update 1.52 will require remap update (it will include jobs fixes). but these seem to be minor fixes, so you'll be fine more or less even without the update.

i don't think new game start or EI will be need.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 11:24

Thanks very much for the prompt reply!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 12:02

Actually, LU 1.5.2 won't require an update of the Remap. We are already running with the corrected Jobs file. (I was the one who brought the duplicate job ids to Litcube's attention)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 13:10

solarahawk wrote:Actually, LU 1.5.2 won't require an update of the Remap. We are already running with the corrected Jobs file. (I was the one who brought the duplicate job ids to Litcube's attention)
excellent

NoxMortem
x3tc

Post by NoxMortem » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 16:10

Had a working LU install, tried to install remap along with the Diverse game starts mod (the remap version). When i now start a game on any of the game starts my ships and all stations immediatly explode :D

I think one of those two mods or the combination ****** something up. I would love to give a better bug report, but I do not think I have changed anything beside those two mod installations :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 16:14

Well, apart from being diverse, they are new game starts :P

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 16:44

Hmm, odd. I just loaded up the game last night with both the Remap and Diverse Gamestarts with no problem. Let me double-check the contents of the packages available for download and make sure nothing is crossed up there. The kind of files included in those packages are very different and shouldn't cause that kind of issue.

I just watched Wilfe experience the "Ship and Stations Go Bye-Bye" last Sunday in his livestream, and it happened because he tried to load up a save after changing the game map (switching from the Immersive Environments sector backgrounds mod to LU Vanilla sectors). He had to step back to a save prior to switching to the IEX mod (which is not supported mid-game.) Changes to the game map require new game starts.

I'll get right back to you once I take a look at the install packages.

Edit: Oh, what other mods or scripts do you have installed, if any?

NoxMortem
x3tc

Post by NoxMortem » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 17:00

Installed mods - all from the LU mod index!

Code: Select all

LU obviously with IE, IEX and the LUVi fake patch.
LU 1.5.2
Anarkis
MK3_Improvements
ShipBrowser
X3AP_3.0_nosteam.exe
Those all seem to work fine so far (I haven't played that long and with X3 i usually run into problems after 1-2 weeks of playing and realizing... damn, i can not do XYZ because it is broken). I have already patched LU to 1.5.2 but there was a post saying remap does not require an update which is why I thought that should be fine.

The install order was LU-Remap-v055a (after all of those above) and then Diverse Game Starts--LU Remap Edition-v4

Everything exploded immediatly after the new game start, i am not loading up any saves.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”