[v3.5] (Post) Boarding Bug - recorded on video

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mylo-s
xr

[v3.5] (Post) Boarding Bug - recorded on video

Post by Mylo-s » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 21:55

I was making a "let's play" video on boarding when I came across a bug.

I attacked a Titurel and started destroying hard points to reduce boarding resistance. After some time, an Argon Gvt fighter squadron appeared and also started attacking Titurel. At some point I initiated a boarding sequence. During boarding, one of my boarding pods suffered accidental fire and that is ok (I understand it may happen).

Then, the boarding was successful, the ship turned green, however, the fighters kept attacking the ship that now belonged to me. So, I had to attack and destroy the fighter squadron, resulting in -6 Rep with AG. There was some swearing involved, so my apologies about the language.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwzyE2lbmyM&t=1510

Boarding sucessful at 25:10.

Cheers,

M

HunZolka
x4

Post by HunZolka » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 10:29

It happens, unfortunately, but not always. Once I managed to capture a Xenon I during a 'Xenon fleet attacking' mission, and station defenses in the sector kept shooting at it later, even after it belonged to me.

ominous1
xr

Post by ominous1 » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 16:20

ya its bs that they will keep attacking. i keep trying to take a destroyer over but fkin h.o.a keeps sending endless waves at it even when i'm trying to board it and they are destroying my pods trying to atk it still even after they landed i get pods damaged then ofc last sec i get the ship then it blows up 4 secs later as they are finishing up their atk.. i waited 20 min 2 see if that squad will show and let it deal with it but they dont show up till i take out 90% of the weapons they they just keep coming no matter how may die, has nothing 2 do with a mission either.

they should make it as soon as u click board it turns grey like its dead and they move on and if you fail it will turn red again.

also you know if you hit shift+r you will be-able to see their hp/shields/faction and the contents of containers after on the radar to the right on your missile display. shift+r will change it back to the display you have it at now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 16:50

"... they should make it as soon as u click board it turns grey like its dead and they move on and if you fail it will turn red again."

I cannot agree with the logic of that. The ship is still an active enemy until you have either *totally* disabled it and/or have successfully boarded it and broadcast change of ownership. *Then* all friendly/neutral NPC hostility towards it should stop, but not until. Boarding a ship under fire from other parties not under your command should always be a very risky business, in my opinion.

Still, we are straying away from the Tech Sp topic now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”