Player Trade Pass mod 2015 v1.1 updated

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

J3ANP3T3R

Player Trade Pass mod 2015 v1.1 updated

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 11:17

Sometimes when you hear one of your trade ships being attacked and you teleport to where they are ( mostly in fields of opportunity ) you see one neutral capital ship in blue who is not your enemy attacking other teladi ships and even your own trade ships even though you are not their enemy... this mod will have them ignore your capital ships if you are not in the same zone ( only set to work in FOO ).

additional feature of this mod, when you are busting your ____ preparing to capture an enemy titurel then an allied HOA / PMC ship just moves in and kills it even with your marines still on board then this mod is your solution. it prevents allied or neutral capital ships from attacking a ship that you are currently boarding... they will still move near it but will not attack... if your boarding party fails they will continue to attack it. if you are enemy with that patrol ship as well then it will still kill the titurel as well as you of course.

also note that i did not include smaller ships. you will notice allied or neutral s xs ships still attacking your boarding target.

download here

v 1.1
fix bug with capital ships still attack the boarded ship
fix bug with capital ships not attacking the boarded ship but not attacking anything else either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rtptmpogo6us ... 1.zip?dl=0
Last edited by J3ANP3T3R on Tue, 24. Mar 15, 15:14, edited 3 times in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 12:12

Heh, you're going to make yourself very popular with this mod! :)

Scoob.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 12:24

Very popular indeed ..... :D

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 13:15

Scoob wrote:Heh, you're going to make yourself very popular with this mod! :)

Scoob.
just returning the favor :D

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 13:15

birdtable wrote:Very popular indeed ..... :D
thank you for your feedback ... please notify me of any bugs or changes that you needed fixed.

oliverjanda
xr

Re: Player Trade Pass mod 2015 v1.0

Post by oliverjanda » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 16:19

J3ANP3T3R wrote:Sometimes when you hear one of your trade ships being attacked and you teleport to where they are ( mostly in fields of opportunity ) you see one neutral capital ship in blue who is not your enemy attacking other teladi ships and even your own trade ships even though you are not their enemy... this mod will have them ignore your capital ships if you are not in the same zone ( only set to work in FOO ).

additional feature of this mod, when you are busting your ____ preparing to capture an enemy titurel then an allied HOA / PMC ship just moves in and kills it even with your marines still on board then this mod is your solution. it prevents allied or neutral capital ships from attacking a ship that you are currently boarding... they will still move near it but will not attack... if your boarding party fails they will continue to attack it. if you are enemy with that patrol ship as well then it will still kill the titurel as well as you of course.

also note that i did not include smaller ships. you will notice allied or neutral s xs ships still attacking your boarding target.

download here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbqolyc10v7u5 ... s.zip?dl=0
Thanks, sounds like a great mod!
But why didn't you include the small ships?

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 16:42

because there are too many smaller ships and i fear any changes on their calculations may impact performance.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 18:42

Any chance you can upload it to Steam workshop or Nexus?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 20:24

Working just fine ..... :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 19:14

New problem .... My defensive fleet protecting a station do not respond to the boarding command (and stop firing).
Boarding a ship within a zone containing defensive ships brings the whole circus into play and can find no command to order ships to stop,,, continually trying to change Defence Officer from "attack" to "defend" makes no difference to the slaughter.
Trying to board 2 titurels ...removed all weaponry on both, gave boarding instruction on one but both were sent to oblivion....
The required command "Sod Off" no longer required for allied ships just my own fleet ...... (fingers crossed for a solution)

In fairness the slaughter of my 40 Elites and 10 vets plus the possible additional 2 titurels to my bank balance was extremely painful to watch it still was pretty impressive stuff to observe death being handed out so efficiently... :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 20:07

birdtable wrote:... the slaughter of my 40 Elites and 10 vets plus ...
Ouch!

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 02:15

lol sent to oblivion good heroes though. sorry but i don't understand. you mean your own capital ships still attack the boarded titurel ? and some vanilla fleet commands are missing ?

try ordering the defense officer to "Defend" then order its captain to "Hold position" and see if they stop.. can i also get a copy of your save file for testing ? thank you for your feedback :>

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 10:40

@J3ANP3T3R ....Thanks for the response... :)
My Capital defence ships continued to destroy the ship I was boarding (boarding command had been given) ... but did stop on alternative play through scenarios once boarded.
Ordering the Defence Officer to "Defend" made no difference as he immediately returned to "Attack".
Since the pure purpose of this game I am playing through is to obtain 50 Elites using only the weapons of the Skunk (No drones or missiles) and to work out good boarding strategies for each ship the save required is overwritten..
Rough justice really as the recently boarded Sucellus inflicted some serious damage, that is now one cruel harbinger of destruction ........ :)
My fault really for lack of foresight in trying to board in a well defended zone (build a factory mission)....
Looking forward to trying BettyAI 2015 in my next new game and thanks for the work already done... :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 11:55

Sorry mate for wasting your time ... I had forgotten to assign ships to one command ship ...join squad ... withdraw from battle ... :oops:

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 12:22

birdtable wrote:Sorry mate for wasting your time ... I had forgotten to assign ships to one command ship ...join squad ... withdraw from battle ... :oops:
actually even without issuing withdraw battle they should stop attacking the boarded ship. i can confirm also that on one of my tests they did in fact stop attacking the boarded ship but i allowed them to retaliate if they are under fire even from the boarding ship and they started attacking the boarded ship like there is no tomorrow. my purpose is to prevent it from being glitched by player so that they stop attacking while the player rapes them. let me revise it for a while and i will re-post the new version :)

and thanks again for your feedback.

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 15:15

hey mate.. try the updated version .. should not attack your boarded ship anymore.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 15:46

Cheers ...will let you know results after scenario arises ... time to go hunting..

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 17:02

Worked perfectly ... My ships (Sucellus and a Light Sul) attacked Titurel, even under full weapon fire from Titurel as soon command board was issued both ships stopped firing even though they remained under heavy attack.....Bloody marvellous.. :)
Will check out various combat/boarding timing options, but one happy bunny here.

J3ANP3T3R

Post by J3ANP3T3R » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 18:23

good to hear mate. let me know if problems arise and thank you for the feedback :)

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 18:27

So very simple, so VERY AWASUM!

This made boarding sooooo much less frustrating.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”