[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
36%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
8%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
40%
In a installer with a selectable install path
15%

Total votes: 99

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 11:25

Heres my Save game i loaded last night
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq2bu9m3plbs7 ... 9.rar?dl=0

Mods Listed in SaveGame
Taladi Outpost
Galaxy Station Range (YorrickVander)

Mods that are not listed in SaveGame
Ency-Mod (Commodore MJ Fire)
Carrier (Fighters landing on an Arawn) (From German Forum) (Marvin Martian)
MultiAssignment (Phipsz)
Capital Ship Bridge (Litauen)
Sidebar Extension (Phipsz)
Show skills (StormMagi)
Mission Computer (cyberfuzzie)

hope this helps
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 11:59

Guys, sorry for the slow updates of late but I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

New version published save game loading is a lot faster now. between 10 and 20 seconds on my (development) system. Mobile i5 with 8GB of RAM.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 12:36

Thanks for the update
on my system a 50Mb savegame loads in a few seconds now
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 16:25

Confirm. Great job. Thank you.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 17:33

This is cool thank you for your work! I'm looking forward to being able to give myself some ships to mess around with :)

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sun, 15. Mar 15, 00:27

Hi Nemesis,

Unfortunately it seems my save game cannot be opened with your editor. It worked fine earlier, but then I captured a Xenon I using the "Xenon Hunt" mod. Now when I try to open the save it errors out.

You can get my log file and save game here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnbibtebk9tq ... Avesa?dl=0

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 08:42

@BlackDemon: I'll look into it and get back to you.

What version of the app are you running? The zip or the deployed one?

Update: Alright found the reason why it isn't loading. It cannot seem to find the skunk. I'll let you know ehan it's fixed.

Fixed Update: New version published where this is fixed. There are multiple versions\macros for the skunk. One was not included.
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 16:34

How do i change player money,cant find it.Cheers
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 18:48

shea wrote:How do i change player money,cant find it.Cheers
http://i60.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0323/ad/ ... 9d8bad.png

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 2. May 15, 18:33

Thank You :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 15:28

Hi nemesis1982 :)

Long time you were not with us. )) When you continue to develop the editor?

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 15:34

Hi alexalsp,

I've been very busy. Will not have be able to for some time sorry.

I'll let you all know when I'll be picking it up. Hope to be able to in a few weeks.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 19:51

Thanks for the answer. )) We will be wait your return, and new versions of the tool. :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 20:03

Hi nemesis1982,

crazy-ish idea for you, if you ever find the time to get back to this. Would it be possible to make a sort of New Game+ button?

First press, exports all of the player's assets from an old save,
then load a pristine save from a new gamestart,
then second press writes all of the player's assets into the new save?

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 09:06

That will defenitly be possible. However I do want to finish the current functionality.

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 15:43

im trying to extract the xml files under t but it keeps crashing

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 16:38

If you are interested what's inside them - it's all text used in the game (subtitles, menu text, object names and descriptions etc.) - no need for a special editor the format is pretty self-explaining
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 16:59

im pretty much filled with ideas at the moment, i grew tired of balancing weapons and now i want to turn the skunk into a foltor raider

using the katana mod as an example and want to compare files on what he did using notepad++

im even thinking of putting all bullets (not mining weapons) under 1 weapon macro (if thats even possible) so i could fire them all at once and the only limitation is you can mix and match which weapons you want, no more switching to another weapon.
ill have to rebalance the weapon mods i did again though

also thinking of making even more variants of some of the weapons but since i cant make an explosive projectile, im getting limited ideas

but jesus if only egosoft has some sort of mod info database like ArmA3
ex.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Cfg ... _Reference
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings

a modding newbie like me would have an easier time, in ArmA3 i could even go as far as edit the weapon mesh and turn someones XM8 s.rifle into an 10mm cannon with an XM8 design (cant share it though as it was someone elses mod)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 17:21

I don't think that will work because a weapon consists of both the bullet and the weapon itself, each defining a part of the weapon stats. Also it may be a bit tricky to make weapons work like in X3 where you have multiple slots that you can switch on and off - I have a vague idea how to achieve that but no one has done it yet. For adding additional weapon systems have a look at iforgotmysocks work - he did that already.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 17:51

im way over my head, i know

so... how about that extracting problem, the t xmls arent the only ones making it crash

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”