[MOD]BetterStationScanMode v0.12 X:R 3.50 UPDATED 18th march 2015

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rubini
xr

[MOD]BetterStationScanMode v0.12 X:R 3.50 UPDATED 18th march 2015

Post by Rubini » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 11:11

BetterStationScanMode v0.12 mod by Rubini X:R 3.50 compatible 18th march 2015
====================================================

X:R is a game where the space stations are a central point of the game.
But the vanilla Station Scanner is useless to say a few.
This mod replaces that colored useless vanilla Station Scanner with a full immersive working scanner, which can reveal all station modules and more usefull info for the player.

Changes and features for v0.12:
====================
- no more distance limits for the scanner work. When enter in a zone you can use the Station Scan Mode for scan the entire zone .
- as per above, all stations in a zone will be scanned at once.
- small chance of detection when scanning enemy stations, medium chance of only partial scan for enemy stations, and the possible needed of a more closer scan for enemy stations (distance related to Skunk main scan)
- all scanned stations, it´s owner factions and all modules are automatically added to ship computer data base (Encyclopedia). Thanks to YorrickVander!
- new PDA&Logbook "Station Scan Main Report". It will show the player's address (zone, sector, cluster), the number of stations in this zone, how many trade agents are in, the number of Neutral/friendly stations, the number of enemy stations and also some others tips. (see first image link)
- new Logbook "Station Scan Partial Report". This will show particular info for each station in the zone: player's address (zone, sector, cluster), station name, station owner, station faction relation to player (bad, neutral, good), trade agent present or not, and remaining locked modules (see image 2 links)
- remaining locked modules happens when modules have a high secrecy level. These modules will be only partially revealed by the Station Scan or Skunk nose scan (vanilla design, depends on main Skunk scan type - for immersion&challenge i let them as in vanilla). A scan drone pass is needed to unlock&shows them to 100%. Finally a hacker drone can be used to hack/loot their wares.

Additional info:
- This mod also makes a partial revamp of how the game works with stations for realism, challenge and immersion. That annoying infopoints are useless now, so they were suppressed. After scan the stations you can reach any specific module using your holomap: select the desired module, choose "Plot Course" and then "Guidance". A mark will appears on that module - vanilla features from now on - that you can "go to" (Skunk or drones) or "command to" (info[well, you already have info], autopilot, follow or attack order.)
- The others "contact points" were let with yet "short" distances to immersion&challenge purposes. This way, you yet have to fly sometimes near to stations (and see their beautiful) to acquire infos: missions (1km, was 750m), to dock (1km, was 750m) and to get station main trade infos (3km, was 750m)
- If you don't like the suppression of InfoPoints or the new distances for points contacts just delete the "libraries" folder from this mod and you are ready to go. (It´s also easy to adjust the above distances to your taste anyway)

Installation and Usage:
- before install/activate this mod make sure that no scans are active in your last saved game.
- install and then use the mod normally as below,
- in the side menu bar, press 1-1 and the scan will be done.
- you will see a report of the scan in your PDA and in the loogbook.
- you can do the scan as you want, at any time or place. The scanner software is smart enough to accommodate all situations

Recommended mods:
- Buy Trade Subscription by Xgamer (or TAF)
( no more needed the 5kScanRange by Tyrant597 because a special tweak of these ranges are already inside this mod - and necessary for all things works well)

Credits:
- Thanks to w.evans and UniTrader for their advices and help
- Special thanks to YorrickVander who shows me directly how to do some things
- Thanks also to Timianer (InfoDisableAbschalten-418-1) from where i get the idea to make the blank infopoints
- And finally thanks to Tyrant597(5KScanRange) from where I get the idea to adjust the ranges to really get rid of that infopoints.

Links:
(by this forum directions, images only can be showed in a limited way, so here the crude links)
image 1 (PDA scan overall result info example):
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... bzbyo0.png

Image2 (logbook scan overall and partial result info example):
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... yfmai5.png
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... zpco7z.png

V012:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0z5tw ... e_v012.rar

Have fun!
Rubini.

======================================================

Changelog:
v0.12:
- station scan will work for all stations at once
- no more distance limitations
- chance of detection when scanning enemy stations
- chance of only partial scan for enemy stations
- chance of a needed closer scan for enemy stations
- new scan way that will now work correctly, leting all secrecy modules with partial reveal only
- all scanned stations, it´s modules and their factions owners are automatically added to encyclopedia
- new PDA&Logbook stations/zone infos design
- added zone info to outputs
- added stations names, owners and relations info to outputs,
- added trade agent infos to outputs
- added unlock modules info to outputs

v0.11:
- not released, only for tests

V0.10:
- initial release

Details and links for old versions:

BetterStationScanMode v0.10 mod by Rubini X:R 3.20 & 3.50 compatible 8th march 2015"

The mod come in two versions (download links at the end of this post):

BetterStationScanMode_100% will always reveal all station modules at once. You will have full info of all modules and it´s wares if any. The Scanner check for stations in a zone and if it is at minimum distance it can perform the scan (from 9-11km away, depends on the Skunk main scanner type).

BetterStationScanMode_full take in count the Skunk scanner type and faction relations for various aspects of the result scan. The modules with high secrecy level can be only partially scanned or not scanned at all. This full version also get rid of all that annoying infopoints icons at once. The idea here is less cheat and more challenge&immersion. If you didn't get a full scan then, if needed/wanted, go for your beholder drone and finish the scan on the modules that (probably) hide something. After know where the goodies are, you always can use your hacker drone to hack the station storage and more.

This new station scanner works always for the nearest station in a zone. It detects if a zone have a station and if it is at the minimum correct distance it can do the scan (from 9-11km away, depends on the Skunk main scanner type). The scan efficacy is almost always very good (almost 90 - 100%) for friends stations. Neutral and enemies factions will have more resistance in reveal its station modules - probably you will need to finish it with drones and/or with the Skunk itself.

Edited: credits to Timianer (InfoDisableAbschalten-418-1) from where i get the idea to make the blank infopoints. I made my mod from scratch, always looking for Ego and others modders code. It´s the best - if not the only way - to learn, i guess.
Also thanks to w.evans, UniTrader and YorrickVander among others that are always helpfull with new guys on X:R like me.

Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cecbz ... _v0.10.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3su3d ... _v0.10.rar[/url]
Last edited by Rubini on Wed, 15. Jul 15, 17:20, edited 12 times in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 12:53

Congrats! Looks good!

The link http://www.mediafire.com/download/qvyle ... _v0.10.rar appears to be broken, though. Got the full version.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 16:42

Thanks w.evans.
Link fixed. Seems that media fire have problems with files with "%" caracter on it.

Will try to open a nexus account. :wink:

M.Kessel
xr

Post by M.Kessel » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 20:52

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed, to get rid of this mindnumbing minigame, that only existed because reasons.

You should name your mod: "Retarded idea remover"

A tiny, little remark for installing this mod:

Do not install it, if you are already in station scan mode in your saved game. ;)
I'm depressed

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 00:29

M.Kessel wrote:Thanks, that is exactly what I needed, to get rid of this mindnumbing minigame, that only existed because reasons.

You should name your mod: "Retarded idea remover"

A tiny, little remark for installing this mod:

Do not install it, if you are already in station scan mode in your saved game. ;)
LOL! Yes, some design decisions on this game is really annoying.
Thanks by the input about that detail on installation. Never tested it this way.

I have a new version that I will upload probably today. Stay tuned!

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 05:47

I like this mod. :-)
When Rebirth is officially finished, I'll use this mod too!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

zigyzigy0

Re: [MOD] Better Station Scan Mode v0.10 - 8th march 2015

Post by zigyzigy0 » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 03:03

Rubini wrote:BetterStationScanMode mod by Rubini X:R 3.20 & 3.50 compatible 8th march 2015"

- I highly recommend the full version with these two mods:
==> 5kScanRange by Tyrant597
==> Buy Trade Subscription by Xgamer (or TAF)

ers that are always helpfull with new guys on X:R like me.

Have fun!
Rubini.

nScanMode_full_v0.10.rar[/url]
Links to these mods - I have looked but the search function on these forums is almost as bad as Vanilla X:R

Thanks for this Mod - fixes the worst aspect of game play at the moment

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 03:11

Here you go:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788

That thread keeps a track of what versions of Rebirth a particular mod has been last reported as working in. Very handy :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 16:12

https://yadi.sk/d/VeJW2ihLfJByU - Added language support..

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 02:03

alexalsp wrote:https://yadi.sk/d/VeJW2ihLfJByU - Added language support..
Thanks alexalsp!
I just updated the mod for version 0.12, with new PDA&Logbook infos, so, probably is necessary to redone the language support . (well, i never did it and don´t know how)

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 03:10

Hmm, how can I scan the few remaining % without the "i" points?
Edit: oh apparently I downloaded 0.10, let me try 0.12 :p

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 05:34

bm01 wrote:Hmm, how can I scan the few remaining % without the "i" points?
Edit: oh apparently I downloaded 0.10, let me try 0.12 :p
Yes, try the v012. Because in it all modules will be scanned. The high secrecy level ones will be too, but just not 100% (as in vanilla). So all they are reachable by holomap - in the list at your right. Click on any module that is less than 100%, plot course, guidance and go there with your beholder drone to finish scan if you want it (as in vanilla). I guess that you already knows, but this is only necessary if you are looking for some "special" wares in that modules, to be hacked/loot later with trojan drone. :wink:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 07:22

https://yadi.sk/d/_w8WvxGffMT8Y - updates

You can explore the made changes. It's simple. And in the future to support multilinguality of mod.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 04:00

hmmm noticing I can't scan stations with beholder drones, anyone else notice this? I happened to notice this in the recent update, in the previous version I was able to scan stations with a drone now I can't.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 04:42

I can't neither, is it supposed to be possible without the information points?

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 04:49

Requiemfang wrote:hmmm noticing I can't scan stations with beholder drones, anyone else notice this? I happened to notice this in the recent update, in the previous version I was able to scan stations with a drone now I can't.
Here at my end works ok as intend. Do you selected the desired module to scan in the holomap first (in the list at your right) ? If so, chose "plot course" and then guidance. Then goes to your beholder, and follow the guidance point. Near it point your behloder nose to it to highlight it. Then press "F" and choose scan. All these procediments are vanilla ones.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 08:32

Requiemfang wrote:hmmm noticing I can't scan stations with beholder drones, anyone else notice this? I happened to notice this in the recent update, in the previous version I was able to scan stations with a drone now I can't.
You can scan just not open modules. If to rescan the an outdoor module, I think it's not possible.

Try to scan the indoor module, but not a secret.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 21:33

I think it would be better .

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
<replace sel="/unlocks/globals">
  <globals maxdistance="10km" threshold="6km" rechecktime="5s" >
   <infopoint memorydistance="6km" memoryangle="15" memorytime="24h" />
   <missionoffer memorydistance="6km" memoryangle="15" memorytime="24h" />
   <platform memorydistance="6km" memoryangle="15" memorytime="24h" />
   <tradeoffer memorydistance="6km" memoryangle="15" memorytime="24h" />
  </globals>
</replace>
</diff>

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 13:50

the range to other non-i point need to be extend, else it defeat the purpose we don't need to close up.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 14:22

i tried the 0.12 ver

b4 the activation, i switched to station scan mode

after the mod activated, i can't turn off the station scan

disable the mod, won't help

i have revert to earlier save

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”