[MOD] Less Fog V0.1.0 X:R 3.50

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rubini
xr

[MOD] Less Fog V0.1.0 X:R 3.50

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 05:24

LessFog V0.10 - for X:R 3.50 compatible 18/03/2015
=================================
A mod by Rubini, enenra and MutantDwarf
=================================

This mod reduces the 3d fog effect (nebulas) from the game, which are almost everywhere on X:R, unrealistic and too much, IMHO.
This mod don't touch the background effects, including the background nebulas/clusters and deepspace objects .
Also some nebulas have resources and these are left intact too

The result is a much more clean space, much more "dark and full of stars" as it must be.
The nebulas are, in truth, yet there. I just reduced its (alpha) a lot , i guess that the resulted visual is now just fine.
The mod is also easily customizable, all nebulas are identified, including the ones that have resources in game.
This mod is based on an idea from enenra&MutantDwarf, i remade it entirely, with less files and actualized for X:R 3.50.
Compatible with vanilla, XR and Ency mod.

Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/73ifv ... _V0.10.rar

(it´s very good to use with this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=378589)

Have fun!
Rubini.

Mahi Ma
x4

Re: [MOD] Less Fog V0.1.0 X:R 3.50

Post by Mahi Ma » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 12:11

Sounds really good! But a pitty most modders won't add screenshots so you have to wait for knock off work which can take a looong time ;)

Rubini
xr

Re: [MOD] Less Fog V0.1.0 X:R 3.50

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 15:53

Mahi Ma wrote:Sounds really good! But a pitty most modders won't add screenshots so you have to wait for knock off work which can take a looong time ;)
Sorry, no screenshots. This type of adjust is so discrete that you need to see it on your game by yourself. I guess that a screenshot will not really get it´s changes.

Anyhow i really recommend also do add a mod that makes the local highways a bit more transparent. If not, you will see the highways disappearing subtly. I guess that devs used that exaggerated amount of fog to hide some not good views on the game too. If someone want i can post my adjusted transparence for highways that was tuned to use with Less Fog and Smaller Sun for Devries mods. :wink:

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 16:50

Ok found one screen shoot. Note the absence of fog and the discrete highway tube ( Fervidcorona, DeVries).

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... gpzzes.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 16:55

Used this mod straight away,, but Keen Chant / Devoid Clime looks a lot murkier ... :(

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 17:02

birdtable wrote:Used this mod straight away,, but Keen Chant / Devoid Clime looks a lot murkier ... :(
Hi mate, well, the real space is really just full of stars. Nebulas is here and there and probably if you were inside one of them will not see any fog probably.

Anyhow, this mod isn't tested in all X:R areas because I was not in all them yet.
The mod is easily adjustable for any cluster on the game, let´s listen more feedbacks and i can adjust it for some special places, no problem. :wink:

Humm isn´t exactly empty, no? ( keenChant/DevoidClime, vanilla game with this mod):

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... nqlz2o.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Last edited by Rubini on Wed, 18. Mar 15, 17:26, edited 2 times in total.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 17:05

I was building a "Hardware" there so was in zone before and after mod... was noticeable the difference ... Other zones look great along with Devries... :)

Just double checked ... more misty/foggy with mod ... sorry mate.

Ajpav13

Post by Ajpav13 » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 19:49

Hello!

- I took a look at your mod as it is - (I suck at modding - but am willing to learn) - and it seems that your solution was (correct me if I'm wrong) tweak the amount of fog in each zone.

My Questions:
1) Any chance that you'll update for the HoL expansion (4.0)?
2) If not, perhaps could you explain how one would go about adding the new regions that were created by HoL?
3) Could you also give an example as to how one would go about reducing the fog further? (I presume I'd just edit the values in regions_definitions.xml - but I don't know what the extreme ends of the scale are).

-Just wanted to thank you for the work you've done so far (including CWIR :) ), and add that I'm willing to do the work myself - if someone could explain it to me
Thank you!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Fri, 10. Jun 16, 17:16

Ajpav13 wrote:Hello!

- I took a look at your mod as it is - (I suck at modding - but am willing to learn) - and it seems that your solution was (correct me if I'm wrong) tweak the amount of fog in each zone.

My Questions:
1) Any chance that you'll update for the HoL expansion (4.0)?
2) If not, perhaps could you explain how one would go about adding the new regions that were created by HoL?
3) Could you also give an example as to how one would go about reducing the fog further? (I presume I'd just edit the values in regions_definitions.xml - but I don't know what the extreme ends of the scale are).

-Just wanted to thank you for the work you've done so far (including CWIR :) ), and add that I'm willing to do the work myself - if someone could explain it to me
Thank you!
Hi mate,
excuse me the delay in reply. Busy RL days.
I have not HOL so i cant help that much. Also made this mod a long time ago...it just look for each nebula entry on regions_definitions.xml and change some numbers that controls these nebulas density (the value is very intuitive, IIRC "0" or near "0" do the work, but not sure anymore.. Also these nebulas have not any resource on them. The ones that have resources are left untouched. Hopes that this help you! And if you make it for HOL, please put here for download.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 23:23

For XR 4.30

Fix

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v1_near_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v1_near_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”