[MOD] Earn VirtualSeminars by Completing Missions v2.0 X:R 4.00+ compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rubini
xr

[MOD] Earn VirtualSeminars by Completing Missions v2.0 X:R 4.00+ compatible

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 03:51

Earn VirtualSeminars by Completing Missions v2.0 mod by Rubini X:R 4.00+ compatible - 05/30/2016
==========================================================
05/30/2016 Updated.
This new version have two main new features on it:

1. An easy chance adjust to get virtual seminars in this line:
<set_value name="$chance" exact="50" /> at the top of the GenericMissions.xml file. Each seminar type already have a 50% chance inside x this $chance (50%) = 25%. This will result on a average 2 random VS per completed mission. Take in mind that middle to late game you will need a lot of seminars to train yours tens of NPCs. So, you can always adjust that above variable for your taste.

2. Now it is possible to train all NPC skills, not only the relevant (bold) ones. The relevant ones will appears on the firsts positions on the radial menu anyway. The internal game code (combinedskill) uses only the relevant ones to internal calc. Anyhow, its always better to have choices and also some mods uses others skills than the relevant ones.

version2.0 link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/045dd ... nsV2.0.rar

first old version link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ncy9l ... s_v010.rar

=======================================
=======================================

What is this?

This mod does exactly what it says: player will earn random Virtual Seminars by completing missions. Virtual Seminars are used to enhance your NPC skills. The problem is that the vanilla way to get VS is just to annoying. So, now missions are yet more useful. Apart of make money they wil now give you some more goodies. :wink:

Take note:
- Boarding "skill" (isn't a skill in truth but an "experience"), by vanilla limitation/design, can only add stars to it by really boarding ships, what is a good thing IMHO. So, i left this untouched,

Have fun!
Rubini.
Last edited by Rubini on Tue, 31. May 16, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 09:04

Good idea!
Did you introduce new missions or do vanilla missions give seminars (additional to their vanilla reward)?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 10:01

You've been busy! Thanks, Rubini!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 12:40

oliverjanda wrote:Good idea!
Did you introduce new missions or do vanilla missions give seminars (additional to their vanilla reward)?
Hi oliverjanda,

Vanilla missions only. But any new made missions that call the vanilla cue to reward the player will works too. :wink:

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 13:26

Rubini wrote:
oliverjanda wrote:Good idea!
Hi oliverjanda,

Vanilla missions only. But any new made missions that call the vanilla cue to reward the player will works too. :wink:
So vanilla missions give in addition to the vanilla reward 1 random seminar?

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:16

oliverjanda wrote:
So vanilla missions give in addition to the vanilla reward 1 random seminar?
Yes and no, because it can gives random seminars from none to 8 ( max 1 per type), per completed mission. As it is random, after 3 complete missions you will have more or less one or two seminar by type and so on. Works well, and the amount is yet not enough for mid/late game when we have dozens of NPCs.

Edit: this amount can be easily moded for user taste, the mod is only one file with few lines, really easy to understand and adjust. :wink:

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 15:43

w.evans wrote:You've been busy! Thanks, Rubini!
LOL! Yes, as i´m going deep into the game, each day, i stuck in some desired adjust. And then start to mod and so on! Probably in some years i will finish a game match here! :lol:

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 14:51

Dear Rubini, is it me or did i see past through it? Is your mod usable for freeplay? (or is it only for the campaign mode) and if so, where to put the folder?

Thanks.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 16:56

Mr.Killer wrote:Dear Rubini, is it me or did i see past through it? Is your mod usable for freeplay? (or is it only for the campaign mode) and if so, where to put the folder?

Thanks.
It will work for both, campaign and free game.
You need to put it (as any X:R mod) in the "extensions" folder.
You earn random virtual seminars, what means that eventually you can finish a mission and don't get any. But is very probable that you earn at least one per mission. And thanks to try this mod! :wink:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 13:24

cant use seminars on npcs marines then huh? only officers like the engineer and captains..shame with up to 50 people at a time they train ridiculously slow, and throw untrained marines into battle...they don't come back.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 16:28

KRM398 wrote:cant use seminars on npcs marines then huh? only officers like the engineer and captains..shame with up to 50 people at a time they train ridiculously slow, and throw untrained marines into battle...they don't come back.
If they don't come back and that is bothering you, simply destroy more stuff to lower boarding resistance more and/or start with smaller targets like L ships. There's no reason for losses beyond player inexperience or choices.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 18:38

been trying to get a crew together for a while, with 48 marines my boarding resistance is 23...lol every ship I've seen even the smaller midsized freighters have a resistance of 58-245...not going to win there, even a freighter shot to be ready to explode, resistance...70...lol have the mod 'npcs gain experience' or whatever, and see it tells me that 5 men gained experience...but my marine resistance doesn't move, well gave my marine officer a seminar, now it went up...by 1...hahaha

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 18:48

Until they gain more promotions, it sounds like you need to shoot more surface elements, the drone bay in particular if that is intact. Make sure any losses are replaced if there were any. If you struggle with XL ships at the moment, go for Ls until more marines have promoted.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 30. Mar 15, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 09:23

Rubini wrote:
Mr.Killer wrote:Dear Rubini, is it me or did i see past through it? Is your mod usable for freeplay? (or is it only for the campaign mode) and if so, where to put the folder?

Thanks.
It will work for both, campaign and free game.
You need to put it (as any X:R mod) in the "extensions" folder.
You earn random virtual seminars, what means that eventually you can finish a mission and don't get any. But is very probable that you earn at least one per mission. And thanks to try this mod! :wink:
Thanks for the info. In a sense i knew they had to be there somehow, but i wanted to be sure, now i am. Thanks. Is it not possible for you to put the mod on that website that you can enter inside the game with shift-tab? So we can subscribe to it and everytime a clean install is being issued (mine is for the xth time because of Windows 10 problems) it will install along with the game, reassuring it never gets lost...

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 13:26

Is this MOD compatible with 3.53 version? I would really like to try it. Thanks.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Wed, 15. Jul 15, 16:49

plynak wrote:Is this MOD compatible with 3.53 version? I would really like to try it. Thanks.
Yes, it works with 3.53 and also with 3.60.
Thanks to try it!

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 16. Jul 15, 08:19

Thanks, I have tried it and it works perfectly. Finally my crew can run Better turrets and Miscellaneous Combat Tweaks.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 08:06

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Error loading MD file extensions\EarnVirtualSeminarsCompletingMissions\md\GenericMissions.xml: Ignoring root node 'diff' in XML file 'extensions\EarnVirtualSeminarsCompletingMissions\md\GenericMissions.xml'.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 20:21

xrook wrote:[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Error loading MD file extensions\EarnVirtualSeminarsCompletingMissions\md\GenericMissions.xml: Ignoring root node 'diff' in XML file 'extensions\EarnVirtualSeminarsCompletingMissions\md\GenericMissions.xml'.
This is a common vanilla error that don´t means nothing. All mods that uses the "diff" will shown this message without any problem.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 02:23

can i balance patch your mod? or ill just give you the code so you could do it officially?

this should make it so that players only gain 1 or 2 seminars instead of having a bunch

Code: Select all

<add sel="//cue[@name='GenericCompleteLogbookEntry']/actions">
		<do_any weight="20">
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarcombat" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarmanagement" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarnavigation" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarscience" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarengineering" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarleadership" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarmorale" min="1" max="1" />
			<add_inventory entity="player.entity" ware="ware.inv_virtualseminarboarding" min="1" max="1" />
		</do_any>
	</add>

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”