[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 12:51

I have a few questions:
1. have you considered adding your cockpits to X3 Reunion?
2. what about re-creating the X Rebirth default Skunk cockpit and adding it to X3 Albion Prelude as cockpit of the Pride of Albion ship?

Also one thing:
I've been thinking of making a small modification of one of available cockpit mods.
It would add a weapon-less turret to every possible ship. The location and direction of the turret would exactly match the main cockpit.
Then, I would set up the turret so that it would have the same cockpit scene model as the main cockpit.

So that the newly created turret would look exactly like the main cockpit.
BUT instead of steering the ship with the mouse, you would look around the cockpit with mouse.

I was actually able to do everything as it should be, EXCEPT for one, very crucial thing:
the position of the newly-created turret! I just cannot figure out HOW in oblivion I could copy the coordinates of main cockpit, and paste them to the newly created turret. I don't even know where to find those coordinates and where to put them.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:03

About X3R cp's, Ive lost all my work by reformating my pc, (5 or 6 cp's lost)

Re-creating Skunk cp for X3 maybe possible but Iam pretty sure you will lost all HUDs textures/animations of X-Rebirth, and adapting X3TC HUD's on Skunk 3d_cp is ... pretty risky
I don't have the game but I keep this idea in my mind but not my priority for the moment

Turrets problems! :)
I searched long time ago how to "synchronize" mouse cursor with cp but without succes like you
Witch coordinates you mean ? "...cp_scene.bod" files or "cockpit.txt" ?
Iam not sure to understand fully what you try to do

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:53

I want to add "ability" to look around the cockpit.
By using the mouse.

Which can be achieved by adding a turret which has same location as the cockpit.
And giving the same scene cockpit file to both the ship main cockpit, and the newly created turret.
I've seen someone make an experimental mod like this, it added additional turret to Argon Mercury.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 15:14

mm... I think about tweaking "keys profiles" something like that...

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 07:38

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 07:06

ATF M5 Valkyrie
http://www.imagebam.com/image/740696349355092
same for ATF M4 Mjollnir

ATF M3 Thor
http://www.imagebam.com/image/075acb349359051
same for ATF M3+ Fenrir !

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 05:34

cp_mod v133 merged

- scenes files merged (cps positions + "TP Express" lounge added)
- components positions merged
- TShips files merged
- 3d and textures added

links in op

Enjoy !

Perseus1986

Post by Perseus1986 » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 19:36

Hi,

The link for the Albion Prelude version of this mod is broken. Could you please fix it? I really want to try this mod but I only have AP installed :(

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 09:25

Links for AP ready :)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 22:44

Sorry if this has been answered before. Does the Xtended 1.2 merge you posted on the first page also works with the last version? (Xtended 2.2a) Or at least if it works with 2.0 since the 2.2 patch and 2.2a hotfix shouldn't change anything that affects this mod.

Also, does it require a game restart? (I tried a cockpit mod before and it crashed loading an existing game but worked when started a new one)

Thanks!

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 00:20

i found very, very big mistake of this mods.
see cockpits for TC.

that inside file time stamp are very old and it's not v1.33!!
PSCO1, you contain wrong file!
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 13:23

ok, i made unofficial fix.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vzidh ... cialfix.7z

and i found Terran Yokohama didn't have cockpits.
also fix for AP.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hoqn0 ... cialfix.7z
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

Cirrus CZ
x3

Post by Cirrus CZ » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 11:53

Hi PSCO1,

first of all, thank you for a great mod, it gives the game great aspect.

May I ask about something... I've installed initially v1.33 with a glass but I didn't like the reflections and how it changes a colour of surrounding space background. So I installed also noGlass mod, I selected this mod in the startup menu but reflections were still present. So I deleted "glass mod" .dat and .cat files and tried original unmoded way and then switching to noGlass mod but it still shows reflections... any idea what shall I do?

Thank you.

Cirrus
:: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (@3GHz) Windsor AM2, AC Freezer 64 Pro, 2x1GB + 2x512MB DDR2 667MHz A-Data, Asus M2R32-MVP PCI-E, Gigabyte Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 + Accelero S1, 2x250GB Western Digital SataII 16MB, Xilence Power 600W ::

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 17:01

I don't know if this is necroposting, but anyway, the mod doesn't work well with Xtended 2.2 . Some cockpits are missing (Harrier and Tenjin AFAIK) others (Argon and Split small ships) are generic. Terran and Xenon small ships are ok however.
I hope you will make a compatibility version for this :)

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 08:17

Hi Arkblade, sorry for the long reply delay,

but yes, for any reason, the last version is not good, I will check your version, I am a bit confusing with all my files on my computer ! and its not the first time I do this mistake ...

I usualy work first on my personnal cat/dat mod before merging files for the CPmod "Vanilla" version, thats probably the reason...

"Good" files for the last version are still in my computer, The "bad" version still have the old "V" folder (with numbered bods) instead of new "PSCO1" folder, also all the scene files are wrong...

Thx for your feedback Arkblade !

@Cirrus CZ
Hi, mmm.. If I remember, there is no "noGlass" version available in this topic, maybe you have download this version somewhere else ?

Do you have extracted textures files in your X3TC folder ? if true, the bob material can still find your glass textures... you have probably another textures folder somewhere in your folders, check the opening post for seaching the right jpg glass textures numbers and rename them like that "__1005.jpg"

@Milite Ignoto
Hi,
No of course, the cpmod dont work with Xtended 2.2, because the TShips.txt files are not merged.
Too lazy to merge XTended 2.2 sorry ... and it will be the same for 2.3 and 2.4 etc etc ... It a long and boring work seriously, 300 or 400 ships lines to check, Its not very funny...
You can do this bad work yourself by following my OP tuto "How to merge cpmod"
You are free to do your own merging and release your merged version
If you have problems, you can PM me or post here for any questions about your merging work

EDIT:
@Arkblade:
it's ok, you have the "good" version files
I work on Boron cockpits, if I do something good about that, I will re-upload new good version
thx again !

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 21:36

Thanks for the reply, is good to hear you :) well, I merged the files, and I'm testing now. So far so good...however, there seems to be a problem with the turrets of some capital ships (mostly M7) that don't shoot, but probably is related to the Xtended version of Cadius ships mod. (yeah, I'm trying to merge everything together! :D )

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 22:48

PSCO1 wrote:but yes, for any reason, the last version is not good, I will check your version, I am a bit confusing with all my files on my computer ! and its not the first time I do this mistake ...

I usualy work first on my personnal cat/dat mod before merging files for the CPmod "Vanilla" version, thats probably the reason...

"Good" files for the last version are still in my computer, The "bad" version still have the old "V" folder (with numbered bods) instead of new "PSCO1" folder, also all the scene files are wrong...
So are these files listed here no good then? Or were they fixed? I was wanting to use the XRM files as the ones on the XRM OP are not-available + out of date.

Bishop Weyland
x3ap

Post by Bishop Weyland » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 18:47

Hi PSCO1

I want to run run your mod with these one here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

But the Cockpitts don't show ingame (with XRM and xtendet it worked)

I think the Commponents.pck is the Problem:
Current : SCTYPE_COCKPITT; 139

What I have to write in the Components.that I can get the Cockpitts to work ?

sry for my English^^
Weyland Yutani Corp.

Building better Worlds

-outtaspace

Post by -outtaspace » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 15:53

Hi PSCO1

I play always X3 with you cp!

Just a question, now I'm playing it with yhe unofficial fix of Arkblade ( Hi Arkblade!), a question for both,
I like a lot the full cockpit e no glass effect, there is a way to have another version with the full cockpit and without glass effect!? In the version of Arkblade there are them...

If no which files should I have to erase to take off the glass effect on the cat data?

And, which ships does have the lite cokpit? I can overwrite them with the full cockpit ship, can You tell me? Thx!
ATS RULEZ

outtaspace
x3

Post by outtaspace » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 17:14

Hi PSCO1 !

I've used Your mod to advantage it!

I've token the TShips file from the bonus pack of X3AP ( now are 404 ships instead of 401! :) )

I've changed the Lite cockpit for the argon with the full cockpit and for the boron, just for the moment, we all are waiting for You!, I've token the Lite cockpit from the Argon and I've put in the Boron ships! :)

Now all M3 should have cockpit, forn now, we w8 for You!

Over, i have choose the no glass effect, I prefer, Let me know if You like and If it run well!

Link is below

http://dropcanvas.com/dig05

Tjank You of all!

http://dropcanvas.com/dig05
ATS RULEZ
_________________ _ _ _ >>>

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”