Google Code Is Shutting Down

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

Google Code Is Shutting Down

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 22:06

Heads up for all with projects there ..

http://google-opensource.blogspot.co.uk ... -code.html

Time to migrate to GitHub or Nexus

If you know anyone with projects there who may not pop in here so often these days .. Give them a PM

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 22:57

LU will need to be moved for one.

It's annoying that there isn't even a X3:AP game entry on Nexus, just one for X3:TC.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 23:18

Or XDownloads.co.uk, which has become the de-facto archive for X3 downloads.

Thanks for the heads-up, Alternity.
  • (also, you got mail)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 08:15

I just saw that. Damn, I liked the wiki :)

Does anyone know a good place to have a proper documentation ? Changelog, features, etc.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 09:52

perhaps egosoft could host a wiki software on the egosoft.com domain, or we could use something like http://www.wikidot.com/

Githubs wiki system leaves alot to be desired imo, just like google code did.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 10:51

Wikidot (the blank template) should do the trick for me. Thanks Jack!

GCode and Github are, IMO, not a very good/relevant place to host a wiki anyway.

Goodbye Google Code !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 16. Jan 16, 14:39

Seeing that it's only 9 days until the hosting part of google code is finally closed, I think it is a good idea to bring up this topic again.

Last time I checked, there were still several scripts and mods hosted on google code only. So if you're a script/mod/tool/documentation creator, who uploaded your 'creation' on google code, now would be a good time to check that you have it uploaded somewhere else too.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 24. Jan 16, 18:02

Google says that links will automatically redirect to their archive site. If we are lucky, then no further work will need to be done in order to preserve files hosted on Google Code.

Just to be on the safe side, I made a clone of LV's popular public download site for X3 scripts at: x3tcScripts on Sourceforge. This includes files from LV, DrBullwinkle, Logain Abler, Mark A. Condren, eldyranx3, 7ate9tin11s, gnasirator, and other developers.

Thanks for the heads-up, X2-Illuminatus.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 26. Jan 16, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 26. Jan 16, 21:39

Update: Google dev team tells me that they will try to improve their support of current download links. If they succeed, then Google Code downloads will work the same way that they did before (going to the description page rather than the download itself).

They seemed to be sensitive to not breaking hundreds of existing links on the Internet, which I thought was pretty nice of them.

For the short term, links to files on Google Code redirect to the index page for the Downloads repository. That is helpful, but requires the user to manually search for the file that they want. This behavior should improve over the next few weeks/months.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 00:53

DrBullwinkle wrote:Update: Google dev team tells me that they will try to improve their support of current download links. If they succeed, then Google Code downloads will work the same way that they did before (going to the description page rather than the download itself).
That's good news, and it is not exactly like google is pressed for server space either.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 11:28

While updating the download links in eldyranx3's Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) thread, I noticed a pattern between all the download links. You just have to take the file name from the old link (including the last slash) and add it to the following url to get a new direct download link:

Code: Select all

https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/x3tcscripts/
For example:

Old link

http://x3tcscripts.googlecode.com/files/TRP%20-%20Project%20Bifrost%20v1.1.spk
New link

https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/x3tcscripts/TRP%20-%20Project%20Bifrost%20v1.1.spk
That way you don't have to search through the index page for the x3tc downloads repository.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”