OOS shipbuilding mod - split and moved from main forum

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 19:29

As Egosoft has only implemented the new Orders and Come back on board Part, here is a small Mod implementing OOS Ship build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fks2byv3kerqu ... ld.7z?dl=0
(just talk to the shipyard manager)
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 19:41

Please keep mod discussions in the Scripting and Modding forum. This is the wrong forum, and the wrong thread, for that.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 04:29

This lets me buy ships OOZ? Cool! Does it allow me to have ships repaired and restock drones OOZ as well?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 04:34

w.evans wrote:This lets me buy ships OOZ? Cool! Does it allow me to have ships repaired and restock drones OOZ as well?
since its principle is that the Manager connects you to the Ship Trader (similiar how the Captain of a CV can connect you to the Architect) i would guess yes ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 05:38

I really like the concept of NPC station staff offering services related to their station.

Would you mind if I incorporated this idea into my own NPC dialog mod? It's a little too large to be compatible with this one side-by-side, and tbh I think I would want to organize the submenus a little bit differently.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 15:43

Vim Razz wrote:I really like the concept of NPC station staff offering services related to their station.

Would you mind if I incorporated this idea into my own NPC dialog mod? It's a little too large to be compatible with this one side-by-side, and tbh I think I would want to organize the submenus a little bit differently.
No Problem, go ahead, but you may want to create this in a bit less lazy way.
It's save to use in it's current state but only shows you up to 5 shiptraders and it hasn't got an own language file.
It's meant more as a prove of concept than as a full mod.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 16:04

Having the ability to remotely order new ships is actually a pretty huge addition game-play wise - nice work.

Does this option potentially allow us to do ALL shipyard activities remotely, including equipping drones and repairs / upgrades? That'd be really nice!

Scoob.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 16:50

Scoob wrote:Having the ability to remotely order new ships is actually a pretty huge addition game-play wise - nice work.

Does this option potentially allow us to do ALL shipyard activities remotely, including equipping drones and repairs / upgrades? That'd be really nice!

Scoob.
everything you can do when remotely calling the Ship Trader (which afaik doesnt differ from what you can do by talking directly to him)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 17:40

UniTrader wrote: everything you can do when remotely calling the Ship Trader (which afaik doesnt differ from what you can do by talking directly to him)
Cool. I guess it's simply accessing the basic dialogues via a slightly different route, so that's what I'd hoped.

Scoob.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 17:56

Scoob wrote:
UniTrader wrote: everything you can do when remotely calling the Ship Trader (which afaik doesnt differ from what you can do by talking directly to him)
Cool. I guess it's simply accessing the basic dialogues via a slightly different route, so that's what I'd hoped.

Scoob.
thats what i suggested ubuntu as the way with the least uncertainities to do it ;)

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 01:49

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:No Problem, go ahead, but you may want to create this in a bit less lazy way.
Thanks! I appreciate it!

I did re-organize the presentation in my own implementation (separated and labeled traders by type, for example) and added it in with a bugfix update I needed to put up today. It's in my sig if you care to take a look. None of the new sections are translated from English yet, though.

On the subject of limits, there aren't any stations that have more than two dealers of a single type, are there? I can't think of any, but I'm not sure.

I added the option to player shipyards as well but I haven't actually tried it out with Blackrain's mod yet -- it should be okay, I think? We'll see...

EDIT: As a side note -- it seems the expression:

$actor.station.canbuildships

always has a not-null return result (boolean t/f), so the expression:

$actor.station.canbuildships?

always returns a positive result, whether the station in question is a shipyard or not... ^.^;;

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 20:13

Hi Freak Dragon,

Thanks for this mod! It is starting to save me a whole lot of long trips between DeVries and the HoA shipyard in Far-Out :-)
(Haven't unlocked OL yet, even after 200+ hours, there's just so much to do!)

I did adapt it microscopically to make it work on Linux: I renamed all the files in your dropbox archive to lower-case.

1) extensions/OOZ ship build --> ooz ship build
2) Conversations.xml --> conversations.xml
3) NPC_Staff.xml --> npc_staff.xml

All three are needed to make the game recognise the mod on Linux.
If you want to know more, I wrote up a small guide here

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 12:59

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that with 3.60 beta4 on the public beta branch we added the ability to buy/sell ships remotely via the Ship Dealer to the vanilla game.

Feel free to provide additional feedback in this thread.

Florian

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”