TU Overwatch

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

InDigital
x4

TU Overwatch

Post by InDigital » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:44

Each time my Rahanas gets there for trading it dissapears.
Why?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 19:48

The Cartel and Ugarus Armaments marauder Phoenix's will attack any cargo ships they see, whether you're friends with them or not. This has been discussed in previous threads, and is apparently an intentional 'feature'. And there always seems to be several of those marauders near the Teladi Overwatch station at any given time.

Check your logbook and it should tell you what happened to your freighters.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 20:23

Nanook wrote:The Cartel and Ugarus Armaments marauder Phoenix's will attack any cargo ships they see, whether you're friends with them or not. This has been discussed in previous threads, and is apparently an intentional 'feature'. And there always seems to be several of those marauders near the Teladi Overwatch station at any given time.

Check your logbook and it should tell you what happened to your freighters.
This "feature" destroyed one of my freighters with very expensive cargo on it. As long as it's not possible to blacklist zones, it's very annoying to deal with the phoenixes spawning near the station and jump beacon. (No need to mention the issues with pathfinding around that giant asteroid...)

Sadly, my freighters love to use the OL -> FO -> AL route instead of using the gate in DeVries.

InDigital
x4

Post by InDigital » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:56

Nanook wrote: Check your logbook and it should tell you what happened to your freighters.
Log book does not show anything about that...
also I was at this sector after my ship disappeared (traveled from Big Empty) and no enemys at all...

I tried this many times.. Always Rahanas disappears if I dont babysit it..

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 00:25

InDigital wrote: Always Rahanas disappears if I dont babysit it..
Are you still on release v3.20 (or using mods)?

The current (3.50x) beta has a few changes WRT your ships being killed by assorted Teladi, among them are:
  • Your ships can now shoot back! :)
    You can see what's going on in remote sectors, when you have an asset present
    The logbook has been upgraded to show asset kills in a sector, (but not zone) & by what
FWIW the behaviour of the Marauder Phoenix has been a major cause of complaint over the last couple of months. The bahaviour has been modified & some bugs (eg attacked assets not shooting back) have been addressed, but the curent plan is still to have random /trade/ ship predation by ostensibly 'neutral' Cartel & UI ships

With the addition of assorted pirate faction missions in 3.5 this behaviour is unlikely to change IMO..
Spoiler
Show
PRO TIP: if you want to trade safely in TO space, go cap a Phoenix Marauder or several. It's currently the only FIGHT ship with cargo space, so will be safe from other Marauders (once you get your rep back up ;) )
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

InDigital
x4

Post by InDigital » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 07:12

Lets see whan ney patch will release.
Now I am playing 3.20

Thanks for answers ppl! :)

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 10:11

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
PRO TIP: if you want to trade safely in TO space, go cap a Phoenix Marauder or several. It's currently the only FIGHT ship with cargo space, so will be safe from other Marauders (once you get your rep back up ;) )
Or, get lyramekron. This thing can handle everything (except his big brothers olmekron and fulmekron, who are only "fight").

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 13:41

Saquavin, I'm not sure if that's true with the current beta, as the OOZ combat mechanics have changed quite considerably. Certainly in previous builds Lyras were being destroyed depressingly frequently by 1 or 2 Marauders :(
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 15:54

Nanook wrote:The Cartel and Ugarus Armaments marauder Phoenix's will attack any cargo ships they see, whether you're friends with them or not. This has been discussed in previous threads, and is apparently an intentional 'feature'. And there always seems to be several of those marauders near the Teladi Overwatch station at any given time.
if it's intended behaviour then how are we supposed to trade with the overwatch station using a regular hauler?
the station has a good URV production in my game among other things.
instead of a few 100 k profit from deals in Far Out and Ascendency the outpost has deals which make over 5 M a deal.
but my poor Sanahar can't survive the trip, even with me babysitting.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 17:42

Off the top of my head, since The Cartel and Ugarus Armaments are both hostile towards you, you could attack them until they set you read and then leave strong capital ships on patrol. In 3.50 beta we have working OOZ radar/maps and improved OOZ combat so the above should be an option.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 17:43

Notwithstanding my comment above, I found Sanahars to have a reasonable survival rate when trading with TU. Their superior speed & agility makes them difficult to hit..

However, the secret is to keep them moving, & only perform 1 or maybe 2 trades at a time.. then have another trade or order getting them OOZ fast, preferably by jumping!

If you're IZ with them you could use the Skunk's superior speed & maneuverability to distract the UA/Cartel Marauders: get them to focus on you as a target rather than your trader.. but this offsets the speed of the trader carrying out the trade OOZ. Pick whichever solution you feel best at doing, I guess..

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 17:44

Snafu_X3 wrote:Saquavin, I'm not sure if that's true with the current beta, as the OOZ combat mechanics have changed quite considerably. Certainly in previous builds Lyras were being destroyed depressingly frequently by 1 or 2 Marauders :(
Lyranea destroyed ok, it's a well armed freighter but can't stand a real fighter.
But hey, Lyramekron ? It's just under olmekron and fulmekron. It has near the same damage per second as arawn, more hull than it...
OOS code has been updated, and is more precise, so I think a lyramekron will not have any problem (except versus an enemy station, like every others ships...)

Anyway I will buy one asap and test it versus pheonix marauders ;)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 17:48

The Lyran should have a reasonable chance due to its speed, but the Lyram is very slow & unwieldy. It's very heavily armed/armoured yes, but its sluggishness makes it less likely to survive against a more agile enemy

Anyway, good luck with your experiment; as I said the combat calculations have changed drastically, so we'll see how it pans out now :)

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 17:19

Have you tried doing missions for the UA Dens in Corsair's Gambit, and see if once you are friendly they stop shooting on sight?

They are fun missions too... like flying to a nearby Xenon station and destroying all the turrets ;)

If you follow the highway here back, you'll also find the Cartel Den.

http://i.imgur.com/ceUAe6G.jpg

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 18:16

BlackDemon wrote:Have you tried doing missions for the UA Dens in Corsair's Gambit, and see if once you are friendly they stop shooting on sight?
In the X games (including Rebirth), it's considered a "feature" that even nominally friendly pirates will still attack your ships.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 10:48

last night I decided I wanted a Crane. (Teladi hauler)
there was a shortage of one of the materials.
the Teladi Outpost has a hard time keeping supplied with building materials due to the Phoenixes.
nevertheless I ordered a Crane and flew around to see where it actually would be build.
one of the Phoenix' was shooting it's beamlaser at nothing it seemed.
but at closer inspection the Phoenix was shooting at the constructionsite where my Crane would be build.
they're so eager to take down trading ships, they don't even wait before they've finished building....
Last edited by DiArmada on Mon, 9. Mar 15, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 11:00

lol

If you have a mod-free save, please report the construction site bug.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 11:08

Solomon Short wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Have you tried doing missions for the UA Dens in Corsair's Gambit, and see if once you are friendly they stop shooting on sight?
In the X games (including Rebirth), it's considered a "feature" that even nominally friendly pirates will still attack your ships.
But I have been able to fly around 'neutral' pirate faction ships, they don't attack me and I can even do missions for their hidden DEN bases.

Do they only attack trade ships or something? Or am I getting quite different behaviour to what you're seeing?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 11:46

From what I remember reading about 'blue' the TO pirates, they are programmed to not attack ships that are classified as FIGHT. Therefore they won't attack the player ship or our combat ships.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 11:50

Hmm I see. I haven't tried sending trade ships in there yet, and don't really plan to, but I guess it might be worth just capping some of the pirate Phoenixes in that case :P

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”