[MOD][X3:AP/TC] Advanced Complex Hub MK2 V1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 18:36

How many internal docking slots is there for M5/M4/M3 fighters and how many internal docking slots is there foe M8/M6/TM/TP/TS ships.

herites

Post by herites » Fri, 16. May 14, 01:28

Hi!

I have a problem, when I use the complex construction kit to join two factories there is no complex generated and the kit is used up. The game prompts me to select the two factories then choose the location for the hub, ingame video plays then nothing. I used the fake patching, cat dat renaming method to install, got it in both the base tc and the ap addon folder.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 16. May 14, 18:44

herites wrote:I used the fake patching, cat dat renaming method to install, got it in both the base tc and the ap addon folder.
Mod must install only for one game - install for TC or AP, don't install mod for both.
herites wrote:I have a problem, when I use the complex construction kit to join two factories there is no complex generated and the kit is used up. The game prompts me to select the two factories then choose the location for the hub, ingame video plays then nothing.
I was tested mod when released and I connect 2 and more stations with complex construction kit and there wasn't any problems.
Mod change only station model and scene - add internal dock and external docks, therefore I think your problem are not related with my mod, maybe that is game problem, I don't know.

All_Names_Already_Taken
x3ap

Post by All_Names_Already_Taken » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 19:47

Narrowed down problem to plugin manager itself, please delete this post. Again, sorry for necro

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 16:04

Sorry for necro, but got here thru Bernd's new thread.

-- Does this require a NEW game? How does it effect an existing (late) game if installed?

-- Does this replace existing complex hubs, or is it an option/replacement for new (post-patch) construction? How does it work?

1000 hours into this Savegame in AP, and always approach changes with trepidation.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 16:58

Does not require a new game.

Replaces all Complex Hubs. You might want to undock ships from complexes before making the change. Just in case.

This specific mod should not mark your game as *** modified *** (if you care about that sort of thing).

1) Save your game. Quit X3.
2) Install as a Fake Patch.
3) Start X3. Load your save.
4) Optional: Press P,P and scroll to bottom to check for *** modified *** flag (if you care about that).
5) Check your complexes and ships to make sure all is well.
6) If no problems, then enjoy your new freedom.

If you DO run into trouble, then you can always remove the fake patch and reload your saved game.

Fake Patch FAQ
Fake patch Tutorial

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 17:35

Cool!

Thanks!

And thank you for the Fake Patch tutorial. I'll give it a try.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 01:18

update: self destructing and rebuilding it worked. Unfortunately no matter what position I try to place it in it always puts it at max distance away from my tiny complex. Sadly making this unsuitable for me.

======================================

I am hoping somebody can help me out with this small issue.

http://i.imgur.com/n5MNTnG.jpg

Note how the hanger is separated from the body of the hub portion.

This is apparently how it should look:
http://i.imgur.com/vu73Vn1.jpg

It appears to be missing the part that connects the two and encases the hanger (as the hanger is open to space in my pic).

I am playing Albion Prelude vanilla. Steam version (3.1a). This is the only complex in my game and it was pre-existing. Would destroying/replacing it fix the problem? Other than the graphical issue it seems to work as intended. Everything is able to dock there.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 16:34

Sinxar wrote:It appears to be missing the part that connects the two and encases the hanger (as the hanger is open to space in my pic).[/i]
Make sure you install it correctly, as written into the mod README file and make sure you not using other mods who changed or modified Complex Hub. Unfortunately I don't tested mod on latest X3 TC/AP patch or Steam version, because I don't modding X3 anymore several years now.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 18:38

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
Sinxar wrote:It appears to be missing the part that connects the two and encases the hanger (as the hanger is open to space in my pic).[/i]
Make sure you install it correctly, as written into the mod README file and make sure you not using other mods who changed or modified Complex Hub. Unfortunately I don't tested mod on latest X3 TC/AP patch or Steam version, because I don't modding X3 anymore several years now.
It was installed correctly. There seems to be an issue with existing hubs where that little section is missing. Newly built hubs are fine though (I destroyed and rebuilt the hub to test).

The real issue for me is you cannot place it anywhere near your complex. It always ends up the max distance away due to the collision avoidance. At least I am assuming that is what the problem is. Sadly I had to use Saetan's Advanced Complex Hub as it does not suffer the same problem. I can only assume it is because of the huge docking area for capital ships. I don't know for sure though, I am not a modder.

Love your mods though, I have a vanilla friendly mod pack (no modified tag) that includes a bunch of your mods. Gives vanilla a nice visual overhaul. Thanks for all your hard work making X3 a better game!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”