i install x3 reunion restart comp and sets my windows 8 to defualt

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Deadpoolx2x
x3

i install x3 reunion restart comp and sets my windows 8 to defualt

Post by Deadpoolx2x » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 20:20

wipes all other games on computer and other data like starting computer from knew again so know id really like to play it but don't want to risk loosing everything on my computer is there

I have windows 8
and my computer can easily run this game on all requirements

sept for a fatal restart of my computer anytime I try to install it :lol:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 20:45

"wipes all other games on computer and other data like starting computer"

I cannot think of any set of circumstances by which installing an X game correctly can do that. Please see the Sticky here for the information that might allow us to help you further. Posting your DxDiag would be a good start.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 18. Feb 15, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 20:46

That's problem with the old copy protection driver not being compatible to newer Operating Systems. To prevent it, after installing X3, update it to the latest version (2.5) with the 1.0+ -> 2.5 patch.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 20:48

Is this a boxed version? If so, try applying the patches before attempting to run the game.

Does this problem happen during installation or running it for the first time?

Deadpoolx2x
x3

Post by Deadpoolx2x » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 22:00

Well last time I tryed running it it wouldnt load up at all and pretty sure it asked me to restart to complete install I think
Which then loads up like new with none of my settings everything default and everything removed xD
Its a boxed version
Ill try downloading n patching before running

sEe if that works
Its just anoying loved playing x2 On my old computer
Really want to play x3

N not sure I like look of xrebirth

68ST0X20

Post by 68ST0X20 » Fri, 10. Jul 15, 21:29

This happened to me on Windows 8.1 - oddly Windows didn't offer an option of repairing system files or reverting to a recovery point; it only offered a re-install or "refresh" (re-install of the OS but keep personal files)

It was from using an old physical DVD copy of the game and attempting to run it with copy protection drivers. After recovering Windows and applying the latest patch immediately after installation; the game works!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”