[GAMESTART] Albion Civil War Updated 02-08-2015 v1.2 (for v3.20)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in v1.2

More Civilian Ships
24%
More Military Ships
59%
Another Station (If so which one?)
12%
Diffrrent Starting Loadout
6%
Diffrent Starting Zone
No votes

Total votes: 17

Reaperxvii
x3ap

[GAMESTART] Albion Civil War Updated 02-08-2015 v1.2 (for v3.20)

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 06:02

"With Heart Of Albion On the offensive you have been tasked with helping finally eliminate PMC once and for all.

Given Command of a vital Construction Shop and a handful of ships can you tip the scales of war?

Set Up with Post Plot conditions so WILL be hostile towards PMC.

( Highly Recommend Mod would be World War X by BlackRain

Located Here -----> http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=368486 )

Special thanks to YorrickVander for allowing me to use his Freelancer start as the foundation for this one as well as helping me solve some errors.

Download From Steam Workshop, If any errors please Comment here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGELOG v1.1

*All ships with the exception of the Titurel ARE in your squad, recommended removing them before leaving starting area.
*Removed Nova-crush missiles From starting ship
*Added 1x Scaldis (With Drones)
*Added 2x Midir (With Drones, but I'm not 100% sure they are the correct drones)
*Added 1x Fedhelm (With Drones)
*Added 1x Titurel (With Drones)
*Added Raw Ore To station to allow Some production on Game Start
*Removed Final Traces of Original Freelancer Code to remove any chances of Compatibility errors.

I believe that's everything, If I missed something please comment in this thread. I will be taking suggestions on what to add in v1.2 also:)

**Big thanks to YorrickVander again for helping me iron out bugs**]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGELOG v1.2

*Added two brand new jump gates (They are connected to eachother)
- One in Gemstone Manufacturing
- One In Darned Hot Air
(With the civil war raging on Heart of Albion and Republic Of Cantera started a Highly classified operation to recreate jump gates, after months of development and heavy losses they finally constructed two brand new gates, but at a cost of almost all available resources, making them the possible first and last of their kind)

*Added 1x Sucellus
*Added 2x Balor
*Doubled Meteorite missles
*Moved starting position Up some so you don't spawn in the middle of everything
*Updated Starting money to 25m

Thank you all for the continued support of this mod and thank UniTrader for helping me learn how to set up brand new gates. Gate position is subject to change depending on feed back, so let me know what you think!

**IMPORTANT** These Changes will only apply to new starts, as, well this is a start mod and doesn't edit anything within a saved game:) Recommended starting a new game as of 1.2 to get the new gates.**IMPORTANT**
Last edited by Reaperxvii on Mon, 9. Feb 15, 01:43, edited 17 times in total.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 20:00

Latest Version Uploaded and available on steam workshop, change log listed above.
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 11:47

Sound's nice, thanks!

Playing X3AP with LU mod at the moment. I'll be trying Rebirth+World War X soon and I will now add this mod to that setup :)

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 04:25

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Sound's nice, thanks!

Playing X3AP with LU mod at the moment. I'll be trying Rebirth+World War X soon and I will now add this mod to that setup :)
Glad you like it! :)
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

Reaper's Mod Index

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 07:41

Version 1.2 is now up! Feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Reaper's Mod Index

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 08:13

Yay, new gates :)

I'd made a similar suggestion in the Word War X thread to circumvent the v1.7 HOA ships needing to spawn in Glaring Truth but BlackRain had the legitimate concern that using existing inactive gate could break future plot developments. New gates sounds better.

Not sure if it could be done but perhaps a future version could incorporate a mission to build the DV gate (or both). Warning, non-programmer suggestion ahead: such as by making a fake station called Jump Gate that requires a CV to go to a spare build location and call for wares (or open space but I guess it would be easier to use the existing build location system). Then, perhaps without build graphics, a gate could replace/accompany the CV after the construction time completes. The player could be asked to fend of Rever and/or PMC attacks mid-build.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 09:20

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Yay, new gates :)

I'd made a similar suggestion in the Word War X thread to circumvent the v1.7 HOA ships needing to spawn in Glaring Truth but BlackRain had the legitimate concern that using existing inactive gate could break future plot developments. New gates sounds better.

Not sure if it could be done but perhaps a future version could incorporate a mission to build the DV gate (or both). Warning, non-programmer suggestion ahead: such as by making a fake station called Jump Gate that requires a CV to go to a spare build location and call for wares (or open space but I guess it would be easier to use the existing build location system). Then, perhaps without build graphics, a gate could replace/accompany the CV after the construction time completes. The player could be asked to fend of Rever and/or PMC attacks mid-build.
Thats actually where I got the idea :lol:

As for the making gates through a mission I'm honestly not sure how I would do it, as I'm still learning alot, maybe someone with more experience could answer that question :)

Reaper's Mod Index

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 12:06

the only way i know is that you can set them from inactive to active and vice versa.. maybe add a Gate Construction Site which is basically an incomplete Gate which has a working eevent horizon, but is inactive -> and when its finished activate the Gate and create an Object at its Position which completes the Gate. so far for the basic idea (but note that it doesnt fit Story-wise because only the Ancients, Terrans and Paranids know how to build Gates (DV Terrans probably excluded) )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 12:10

Reaperxvii wrote: Thats actually where I got the idea :lol:
Oh, cool 8)

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 9. Feb 15, 01:42

Im 95% sure this mod is update and working? If anyone finds any issues with it please let me know

Reaper's Mod Index

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”