Repair Drones Stuck

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Carl Sumner
x4

Repair Drones Stuck

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 02:46

I have the bug with the ship construction drones stuck in space, after the capship moved when they were outside, that was reported by others.

I have savegames from just before and shortly after. Let me know if you still need them.

Observations:

Drones are all at the identical position so that they appear as one.
They are moving their arms as though repairing, all identical.
If I run the Skunk into them, they bust into a swarm that slowly moves back to the original position.

Moving the Capship back to the sector does not cause a change and the construction drones still do not return.

Two fighter drones were left behind in a different sector, but when I returned they started moving toward the Capship. So their behavior is different.

Hope this helps. 8-)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 02:53

Hey Carl :-)

Yes, this issue is known and will hopefully be fix soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 29. Jan 15, 01:16

More info, just in case it helps fix it:

It seems to only be Construction drones getting stuck. Fighter drones and Surface miner drones seem to be ok.

HTH,
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Skye675

Post by Skye675 » Fri, 6. Feb 15, 07:40

Any news on getting a fix for this soon? It's frustrating enough that I've stopped playing altogether. I wanted to snap my keyboard in half when I found out you have to fly around and scan every stupid station over n over again.

While the overall design of the game seems frustrating and mundane at times, it's still playable and fun in some areas.

But this URV bug is just lame honestly.... Why is it still a bug?! Fix it already! :evil:

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”