Ships wont buy food rations bug [solved]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nexusmonster

Ships wont buy food rations bug [solved]

Post by nexusmonster » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 10:21

Anyone else having issues with RoC Crystal in DeVries ? this station sells food rations and its got full of Food rations because NPCs and player owned ships could not buy food rations from this station automatically when ship is assigned to a manager in station and station orders them to buy food. you can only get around this by manually setting up "Planned Trips" for a ship to buy food there and cargo lifters come out from the station and all is well. but i dont wanna have to do planned trips all the time.

so what happens is, if a ship is assigned to a manager and/or free trading and they go to RoC Crystal in DeVries to buy food... they do the routine move to dock then move closer and slowly to the dock and wait 10-15 seconds they just move away and undock then try a different docking spot then move away again after 5 seconds. no cargolifters from the station comes out and none from the ship either.

Things i noticed that may be a clue
1.) cantera is an ally, but when you check the station everything is in ???? no name for manager defense officer or engr all in ???? but you can talk to them to ask for directions . the "Units" are also in ????

2.) planned trips work...

3.) ALL the other stations work. the same ship will go to all stations , dock and routinely gets the goods with cargo lifters.. only RoC crystal is not.

4.) all mods are removed and this is vanilla setting.

5.) this is in campaign mode and im already after the part where you ship that rude split back to their homebase to plan an attack to the xenon. so this is very far after the mission to buy food for devries.. which might have something to do with this.

6.) my rahanas ship can drive pass RoC Crystal like as if the station is a hologram or my ship is a ghost.

Question : i would like to mod this, how do i script this to give it a Planned Trip for a particular ware ? i read about how to get the list of current planned trips "shoppinglists" but no word on how to actually add one for a ship.

nexusmonster

Post by nexusmonster » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 15:41

Never mind .. sorry for the double post. pls delete this one or my other post from another thread with similar issue. i wanted to post to help others who were wondering about this problem. i quote below what i wrote.

"Hey guys ... after a very hard week of creating a mod to overcome this issue i still failed on forcing the RoC Crystal station into trading me anything. i can magically add and remove cargo and deduct payments but that would be very bad game play...

but don't worry, i finally understood what happened, OUR MANAGER IS SHORT OF MONEY !

yep that's right. the Manager on the station to whom the ships are assigned to is short of money and could not purchase the Food Rations ( worth about a million cr ) from RoC Crystal... i gave my manager 20 mill which should be enough and THEY DID made the trade phew. the only reason why PLanned trips work is because planned trips get the money directly from the player's funds and not the manager's."

thank you

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”