Is DeVries totally broken (Empire Building) ??????

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 09:46

That's some good info, thanks. Too bad I play free-play :-( But I'm still really curious: is a second shipyard actually scripted to build in Devries in a plot game? Did you see references to it in the script?

Also an addition: I think there actually ARE some scripted cross-system traders, Jonferson sends Scaldis transports to the Devries SY regularly.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 14:03

J. Spartan wrote:That's some good info, thanks. Too bad I play free-play :-( But I'm still really curious: is a second shipyard actually scripted to build in Devries in a plot game? Did you see references to it in the script?

Also an addition: I think there actually ARE some scripted cross-system traders, Jonferson sends Scaldis transports to the Devries SY regularly.
Teladi Outpost DLC added 3 as was noted earlier.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 15:00

Actually I've seen some earlier than 3.0. Maybe in 2.5? Not sure. Anyway it was before Teladi DLC.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 19:33

Exavier724 wrote:From someone who picked apart the station building code in the campaign :P
- The stations built by the campaign follow the same rules as a player built station. Spawns a CV, Attaches to an NPC build location (randomized from available NPC locations), and then puts up buy orders for materials (Plates, Optics, Ecells, Fusion Reactors). Then pretty much sit there.
- There is code configured to Cheat in a % of the needed resources, This code appears to be commented out and ignored in the current versions of the game. Must pull everything from economy buy orders.
- There IS NOT a script to replace the CV if it gets destroyed. If its destroyed at any time during construction it is gone for good and the station is a lost cause... especially if the first module group was never finished.
- By default Base Game there are no cross galaxy traders. If resources arn't produced (Since none of the default NPC Job Spawners spawn that transport type with resources in it) within DeVries it will never get those resources.
- Teladi DLC added exactly 3 Trade Ships capable of crossing jump gates. Only 2 of those ships have a range that will allow them to reach DeVries. They can carry any container goods but have to be able to buy them (and not sell somewhere along the way first). Meaning deliveries will be rediculously slow.
- The stations are ONLY started during the campaign. Free Play does not trigger the required chunks of code because they are contained within specific campaign chapter triggers. These get skipped when playing free play or other starts.

I'd say it does feel a little unfinished. I hope the devs get around to fixing up DeVries eventually. Though its possible a modder might do it first lol :)

EDIT: Also on behalf of the DeVries Shipyard not building. Compared to the other shipyards in the game it has an absurdly long delay between checks. Probably because the economy is so non existent they don't want to freeze the player out of queuing up ships as often. Specifically 170min vs 10min & 25min :P
Thanks for info. I did notice that those NPC station don't need weapons to build them (so that was cheating part). And I totally agree with you that DV is till unfinished and unbalanced. Wow 170min for one ship :roll: I think they should speed up production once plot is over. Is there any way to actually edit save file to increase speed of production ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 20:27

Baconnaise wrote:Devries (ugh Dune book/movie reference) works just fine with player station loops and empire building. You either need to install mods to make it a little more automatic or trade manually between OL and Albion and now the TU. Closest you can get to player loops is building mono ware stations when possible and assigning the correct trade vessels that carry that ware only. Limit the faction trading and only trade openly with your end products automatically or do it manually. Water>wheat/argnu/spice>staples for example if you catch my drift. NPC's will usually be good enough for energy cell stocks or you can build your own. Mods make it even easier to do this especially Euclid's auto trader as it trades more efficiently. Yorrick's should work fine here too. Installing WWX mod or some of the galaxy station or trading mods and where you build matters little.

I would go as far as saying building in temporary zones the best course of action as you won't get scripted patrols and typical enemies in the area really. WWX doesn't even change this AFAIK. I've built quite a few station loops with Euclid's tempzone builder when I've had time to play and mess around. Trading vessels in the M class seem to be less useful in this case due to game mechanics and the need for highways. Capital traders would be best for these due to jump and boost.

Devries as an economy has and will likely always be a dead end. Albion was the only working one until the patches hit 2.0 or 2.2 I believe. Albion and OL (hopefully I haven't double checked) should be working and will build ships to remove resources. No clue on Teladi but they appear to use Albion wares which is good so the chance for it being broken is far less. You really should only build Albion stations anyways as the only thing OL has different is the neuron gel(bio optic wiring) and bofu(food rations). Aesthetics I suppose but then you need to have a bofu loops and neuron gel which just isn't worth it most of the time.

Yeah, OL works fine now with 3.0, even their Bofu/produce stations are taking a resource hammering.

But DeVries is supposed to be a "From the ashes" Economy.
So far it's 'derp'.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Exavier724
x2

Post by Exavier724 » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 20:55

@J. Spartan : Went Back and took another look. Looks like I was wrong. There are 2 Cross Gate Traders in the default games code as well. They were labeled differently than I expected.

One from Albion & one from Omicron both with a range of 1 gate jump from where they spawn. So without Teladi there are 2 ships that can possible reach DeVries with resources, 4 with Teladi DLC installed.

Still pretty slow economy if you ask me and none of the ships will move Weapons, Missles, Shields, or Drones for the shipyards. Just the normal container goods.

@Nikola515: Not with save modifications I don't think but i am not very familiar with the games save files. The time values are coded directly into the trade.shipyard script so I think only a reference link to that script gets put in the save file rather than en entire copy of it. It would have to be hooked up overwritten (or redirected) to change so could probobly be done with a mod.

Note that this isn't the production speed of the ship but how often the shipyard checks to decide if it should "deplete" its resources by building one. The Albion shipyard checks every 25min to see if it is idle and if so constructs a ship, Omicron (and shipyards in custom clusters they fall under the else check) check every 10min. DeVries checks every 170min.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 03:32

Thanks, Exavier, interesting information. 170 minutes? And only two gate traders? Wow, no wonder it was slow!

But it's slow anyway compared to most games. Ships have to travel, dock and undock, cargo drones have to transfer. And if they run the background too fast it would bring most computers to a crawl. (it's bad enough already!)

The Shipyard did seem faster for a while right after I finished the first plot, but like you say that was probably extra stuff injected by the plot.

On thing that seemed to help in my game (which was started in about V2.0) was to buy the old stuff that sold at the Shipyard (at funny prices). I think something was wrong with it and once those wares were cleared out the Shipyard ran better. 8-)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 06:31

Thanks again Exavier.
I think what they can do is just make script to limit production on how many items shipyard have in cargo. If there is only 10% it should stop building and if it is at 100% it should build fast. And lower cargo on shipyard get's, slower it builds. Or something like that.... At this point this whole sector is useless without manual trading. And that is not option. I don't want game to become chore and I want to have fun. Also I think this started when they introduced S/M ships. Anyway this is huge game breaker for me and empire building. Or any long term playing in DV. Only way to do something about is manual trading that is unacceptable for number of stations that I have. Also there are mods but problem is that they might get broken after each update. Also I try to help with beta testing...
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 00:39

Nikola515 wrote:Thanks again Exavier.
I think what they can do is just make script to limit production on how many items shipyard have in cargo. If there is only 10% it should stop building and if it is at 100% it should build fast. And lower cargo on shipyard get's, slower it builds. Or something like that.... At this point this whole sector is useless without manual trading. And that is not option. I don't want game to become chore and I want to have fun. Also I think this started when they introduced S/M ships. Anyway this is huge game breaker for me and empire building. Or any long term playing in DV. Only way to do something about is manual trading that is unacceptable for number of stations that I have. Also there are mods but problem is that they might get broken after each update. Also I try to help with beta testing...

Also Stations with an abundance of resources get more attention from Pirates/Xenon raids on their storage compartments to stop the Factory bottlenecking, it continues to produce and receive wares.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 04:35

spankahontis wrote: Also Stations with an abundance of resources get more attention from Pirates/Xenon raids on their storage compartments to stop the Factory bottlenecking, it continues to produce and receive wares.
As long as they don't make same mess just like that infinite spawning nonsense with pirates :roll:

piep
x4

Post by piep » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 00:25

hey guys, just two quick questions:

was the first station building "try" by the npcs always at Vapour Stream? Have you ever seen another station building up before this one?

/cheers

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 00:39

I think that station and the one in 42 started to build around same time. Others should start after that (that how is in my game anyway).

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 00:53

Nikola515 wrote:I think that station and the one in 42 started to build around same time. Others should start after that (that how is in my game anyway).
There's more Stations being built in DeVries?

So far I only see the Heart of Albion Food Staplery and the Wheat Plantation in Forty Two.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 01:13

spankahontis wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:I think that station and the one in 42 started to build around same time. Others should start after that (that how is in my game anyway).
There's more Stations being built in DeVries?

So far I only see the Heart of Albion Food Staplery and the Wheat Plantation in Forty Two.
Yep there should be more :) Including new shipyard, but it seems it is bugged and they wont build for some reason..... There is more info and pic if you start reading form beginning of topic ;)

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 19:42

Well for my surprise i found that RoC was building shipyard in Molten Archon (Extinct torch) what i helped to finish.
Before PMC went all crazy on me i played capture ship missions(kill someone) a lot i had 5 (long ones the one you start) cargo transporter loaded with Refined metal(since NOONE else sells em when PMC goes monkey on you oh and 2 scaldis to all orderd from PMC shipyard and now i have another from Hearts of Albion shipyard.
And yea i do use mods to lazy to list em all have to meaby will take steam page screen if needed.

PS. dont try to capture Arawan with your newby Marine officer only 1 start at boarding other meaningful stats 5. now most of my crew are elites 2-4 vets and 2 greenhorns(most of time 1-3 dies) oh and 4 star boarding man it makes difference.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 20:31

For me the economy is still at the experimental level.

I am using Trade Ships not attached to stations to sell from all of my stations in Devries. I don't personally regard this as a problem.

It's called THINK, I find the sinks for my resources.

The only thing that I think needs changing (at this moment in time) is for NPC stations to require resources from external sources to rebuild destroyed or damaged parts. A damaged station should advertise for the required wares to rebuild.

This in itself would be a vast sink for resources.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 20:55

true atm i'm thinking of place to set up my Construction shop and normal URV line were i could make Cargolifters and Construction URVs since they seem to be the onse most missed and the ones i cant buy to. i think i will be taking scorched aura since its nicly 70 km away from highway and has 2 build slots that i just noticed. + i have plenty Taranis for def work might have to build up some other buildings.
http://www.starfreeze.com/wiki/Construction_Shop
http://www.starfreeze.com/wiki/URV_Parts_Supply

BTW what was the code for making Station names in to links?
do finished stations still need the construction vessels cargolifters and construction drones?

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:08

HydraX wrote:Well for my surprise i found that RoC was building shipyard in Molten Archon (Extinct torch) what i helped to finish.
Sure wish they'd build one of those there in my game. I have just the one staples station in molten.

I have found that I need not worry about fetching energy cells when in DeVries. With my managers fully funded, they will send out and/or trade energy cells with the locals all day long.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:17

HydraX wrote:BTW what was the code for making Station names in to links?
Umm.. sorry, but I don't understand that question
do finished stations still need the construction vessels cargolifters and construction drones?
A fully completed station will need these assets on board in order to carry out repairs when necessary, but if you're desparate for those assets you could borrow them using Transfer Wares, then give them back later, I guess..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:23

I think the poster means how to get rid of the web address and just show the name i.e.

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.starfreeze.com/wiki/Construction_Shop]Construction Shop[/url] 
To give:

Construction Shop

;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”