[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent (CAG)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 11:45

Adding CLS to the mix is also good if you want to have solar power plants in high solar output sectors and your fabs in high resource asteroid sectors.

Morthias

Post by Morthias » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 13:13

I am trying to set up a way to keep my PHQ supplied with items produced by my complexes and sell any items that I have in excess.

I have set up a (perhaps overly complicated) system to do this:
I am going to use Energy cells for my example:

I have a CLS delivering Ecells to my phq up to 180000 items
I have another CLS loading e-cells from my phq in and immediatly unloading them up to 150000 and dumping the rest at an eq dock.

Up until here it all works fine.

The idea was then to run cag salesmen from my eq dock to sell all the wares at my eq dock.

The EQ dock is also used to dump and sell all the loot collected by codea.

Now the problem: Even though the cags are all major dealers and set to salesmen, they still seem to want to buy items including cloth rimes and anything else that I want them to only sell.

Is there something else I need to pay attention to?$

Or is there a better way to do this? I want to be able to manage exactly how much of my items are in stock at all times.

I am running the CAG script included in the bonus pack.

Thom293
x3ap

Post by Thom293 » Mon, 26. May 14, 23:44

New returnee to X.

First, CAG is awesome. Thanks.

Second, I have an issue and I am not sure if it is something I did or the CAG did. CAG operates great, trades, buys fighter drones, Mosquitos, etc. BUT, it seems he isn't just buying Mosquitos...

I looked at his freight today. He had about 60 missiles of different types in there. It is possible I left them in there or he picked them up in space, but I don't think so. I would guess he is buying them because my profits from that factory seemed really low. I just found out he would buy turnings and drones and Mosquitos (really cool by the way), but the other missiles? If it matters I am running XRM and SMART turrets, but I don't think it does...

Also, as a slightly related matter - is there a way to store freight in any type of factory, or do you need a storage ship for each one? I have a wheat farm and can't seem to figure out how to offload anything but ecells into it. Or do I need to buy another kind of station?

Thanks in advance.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 28. May 14, 17:46

Hi Thom293,

does you CAG have fight command software mk1 and mk2 installed?

They change how it would behave when encountering a hostile.

Thom293
x3ap

Post by Thom293 » Thu, 29. May 14, 22:30

OneOfMany wrote:Hi Thom293,

does you CAG have fight command software mk1 and mk2 installed?

They change how it would behave when encountering a hostile.
Yes. But would it effect how they gather missiles? Or is he picking them up after fights?

jhilgeman
x3

Cannot start CAG despite meeting all requirements

Post by jhilgeman » Fri, 23. Jan 15, 16:14

(Game is unmodded)

I have a Demeter Super Freight XL that I assigned to a new complex in Heretic's End producing Space Fuel / Space Weed and loaded it up with all the requirements for CAG per the official post on Commercial Agent:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=275924

(Nav. Mk1, Trade Mk1 and Mk2) and I also even added Trade Mk3 and Jumpdrive (something I always do out of habit with traders).

Then I assigned the Homebase to the ship and went to the trade menu, but all I could do (beyond the basic trade commands) was Start Sector Trader.

There wasn't any option to Start Commercial Representation.

That said, is there something I missed? I have 4 other CAGs running right now, and those seemed to set up just fine. It's only this particular combination of ship and factory that seems to be preventing the option from showing up.

Any suggestions?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 23. Jan 15, 18:29

**Merged with CAG thread**

Is the Demeter docked to the complex (or any other station)? Otherwise the CAG pilot won't be able to enter the ship.

Actually I would think that even when the ship is not docked, the command would have to be displayed but greyed out. But still it's worth a try.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 23. Jan 15, 21:24

@jhilgeman: The X-Trilogy Universe Forum is a better place to ask questions about non-modified games.

But the answer to your question is: Dock at a station.

CAG and CLS traders require a pilot. They will be hired automatically, but are only available at stations.

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 22:26

Hi Guys,

I’ve decided to give AP another go. I haven’t played it for ages.

I’ve installed both sets of files for CAG. But, for some reason it’s not showing up in the menu. I had trouble with this before, but I can’t remember how I got it to work.

I got a TS with the required software on board, docked the ship and undocked the ship. But there’s no "Start Commercial Representation" in the menu. I’ve assigned a homebase as well. Still not working.

Can any one help me?

Kimmy

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 22:27

Dock the ship.

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 22:28

I 've already done that.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 28. Feb 15, 22:33

Homebase is set to one of your stations or complexes?

Ship has the following?:
Navigation Command Software MK1
Trade Command Software MK1
Trade Command Software MK2

Just Double-Checking Department:
You said in your original post that you undocked the ship.

The ship must be docked in order to start most Pilot Union scripts (including CAG).

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 00:07

Thanks for the help.

Done all that, it's OK. Still not seeing "Start Commercial Representation" in the menu though.

I had this same problem years ago - can't remember how I fixed it - lol

Kimmy

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 00:12

Hmmm...

Well, time for details then. Something is clearly wrong but it is not obvious what.

What is the ship?
What is the station that is the homebase?
What station is the ship docked at?

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 00:22

Thanks for the help.

What is the ship?
Baldric

What is the station that is the homebase?
It’s a space fuel factory in an unknown sector east of Legend’s Home

What station is the ship docked at?
As above

Thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 01:28

Sounds good so far.

Have you tried the same ship at a different player-owned station?

Different ship at same station?

pgfujg

Post by pgfujg » Sun, 24. May 15, 12:31

I have a couple of stations setup, and the CAGs all seem to be working well. The trouble is that the automatic pricing appears to do absolutely nothing. The price never changes, regardless of the stock level, or whether the menu indicates it is disabled or active. My it would be very nice not to have to micromanage the pricing.

Menzoberranzan
x4

Post by Menzoberranzan » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 03:05

I keep running into this problem with my CAGs:

Whenever I start the CAG script on a freighter, the name will briefly change to the automated name I set up, then it will revert to the previous name (ie Your Mercury) and have a current order of None.

The CAG has a home base, the station has plenty of money and there are good to be bought and/or sold (pilots are at least Courier).

Any suggestions?

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Thu, 16. Jul 15, 19:53

Hello.
I tried to use CAG for 1st time, so far unsuccessfully. I must be doing something wrong so I'd like to check with you where is the problem.
I play XRM + IR modes (I started as ATF Veteran).
When I saved some money I bought Ice Harvesting Facility in Asteroid Belt, bought Baldric with Advanced Scanner, Boost Extension, Fight Command Software lvl 1+2, Navigation lvl 1, Special Trading Soft 1 and Trading lvl 1+1. I set up his home as my Ice Harvesting Facility, command him to dock there and started CAG (no options changed, everything is default). But is still Idle at my facility, doing nothing.
There are only 7 stations in Asteroid Belt - 4 Ore mines, one Orbital Patrol Base, one Orbital Defence Station and my Ice Harvesting Facility.
Do you see what might be the problem?
Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 16. Jul 15, 20:31

When you start the CAG, the trader has the rank of an apprentice and can only buy goods.
readme wrote:Apprentice
The apprentice will take care of purchasing resources. During this probationary period the pilot does not receive salary.
The Ice Harvesting Facility needs Energy cells, so you should make sure that in the station options a jump range and price for Energy cells are set, which allows the CAG to buy them.

jakubpolo wrote:I play XRM + IR modes (I started as ATF Veteran).
Since you're running a modified game anyhow, I would suggest updating to the latest version of the CAG. You can get it here:
Commercial agent Version 3.4.07
Necessary script libraries version 3.8.04

Download and extract both archives to your game folder and overwrite the existing files, when being asked to.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”