Setting Up a Central Warehouse

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Setting Up a Central Warehouse

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 22:01

I want to set up a central warehouse where all of the raw goods my factories produce, such as energy cells, ore, wheat and beef, can be distributed to my other factories to be processed into more expensive goods. I do this because having to manage an individual supply chain for each factory will become a headache.

What are some mods/scripts that could help with this, and where are some ideal systems to place it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 22:34

Why not just create a complex?

I don't think I understand your issue. Perhaps you could explain what you want to do a different way?

My favorite complex tools are:

Complex "Cocktail" Alternative for Closed-Loop Complexes Only
If you build closed-loop complexes, then Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub is an alternative to the above combination. Personally, I never build closed-loop complexes, but YMMV. The above combo is more flexible.

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 23:24

I want one central hub where I dump all of my resources from which I can then more easily distribute those resources to other factories all over the galaxy.

For example, lets say I have a few large silicon mines in a system. I would have a couple transports bring it energy cells from my central hub and then take from it silicon wafers. At the depot, those wafers are then more easily distributed to one of the many factories which requires them.

It also means that if I ever need a particular item, like a missile I will only have to only go to one place.

Maybe this does not make much sense to you, but to the way my brain works it does.
Last edited by SacremPyrobolum on Tue, 13. Jan 15, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 23:26

What's wrong with a complex?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 00:29

I think he wants an actual warehouse to store stuff, where he can store all kinds of wares, for example, his missiles. Kinda like using the player HQ, which may be the answer. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 01:37

LU supports somewhat this kind of star-shaped distribution network as the PHQ is indeed the center of your empire there (it has absolutely enormous cargo hold).

I think I get what the OP is looking for. In vanilla, you have a bunch of factories and/or complexes. If they aren't self-sustaining (and they generally are not) then you need to get them resources (usually just Energy Cells but for tech/high level you also need Ore and Silicon Wafers). Every other resource can be satisfied by the complex itself.

In order to satisfy those needs you could use at least one trader per factory/complex setup as CAG or OK Traders or LU Station Agent, whatever. But you still are going to dedicate at least one trader per station which generally is very inefficient both in terms of the trader idling too much and the trader always having to search the known Universe for the best place to buy from. Instead, a "dumb" Freighter could just always transport needed resources from the central warehouse to every station that needs them, and, the same Freighter ship could actually serve your whole empire and you only need to increase the number of Freighters when you see all of them busy all the time. Personally, I'm not aware of any script that can do this (ie a script for a Freighter ship that can service the resources of multiple player stations from a single dock).

Assuming that there is a script like that and that you setup this resource distribution structure, now you have the opposite problem. The resources are handled but the products need to be sold or delivered/stocked somewhere. You again either have to dedicate at least one TS per station to sell its products or you will need again some new Freighter script, this time doing the reverse, getting finished products from the station to your central dock/warehouse. The LU Freighters do exactly this.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”