Assigning freighters to Architect and yet another plot first station build questions

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pimpace
x4

Assigning freighters to Architect and yet another plot first station build questions

Post by Pimpace » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 15:16

Hello

I gave another shot (4th :( ) to X Rebirth with new 3.1 version to play the plot.

Now I got to build the station. As all we know, the most harder part is get all the material for URV station. I need Bio-Optic Wires and Fusion Reactors. I see that they are only in Albion, selling several station, some is friendly, some is PMC, which are all know, hostile. I thought I assign some container freighter to the Architect on Construction Vessel. I gave them 2 ships. My problem is, that she don't do a thing with them. Nothing. Ships just circulate and says: Searching for trade.

???

Another problem, with my previous try (at about 2.0) when I reached here, I realized that Architect started to trade for the missing parts with independent traders. I saw freighters came to DeVries and traded my Const. Vessel which building the station. (I chose Architect handle the building) Slowly station got all the component, and building has been started.

The problem is with XR 3.1 that isnot going to happen. I don't get it. No any independent trader comes at all.... Why? Si this not working anymore? It has changed with new patch?

Also, several peeps suggested, that board PMC freighters with needed parts. The problem is, that I can't find any freighter ship with those components. (bio-otic wires, and fusion reactors)

Now... how the hell am I suppose to build that damn station?

Can someone point me a right direction please, step by step?

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 17:28

i think the only way to start off is to hunt down PMC freighters that contain the resources you need, you will have to board them so you better start training some marines.

i have a full fledge econemy running in devries and i not even reach omicron lyree yet. so it is most definetly possible.

i also recomend you doing this as soon as possible, as resources become scarce in albion and willl become increasingly difficult to get building materials.

Fusion reactors is the hardest to get. once the factories run short all the other NPC factories that require them will keep consuming what ever it produces.

Bio optics isnt tooo hard to get tho.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Assigning freighters to Architect and yet another plot first station build questions

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 17:41

Pimpace wrote: I thought I assign some container freighter to the Architect on Construction Vessel. I gave them 2 ships. My problem is, that she don't do a thing with them. Nothing. Ships just circulate and says: Searching for trade.
How skilled in Management and Navigation is your Architect? That may help WRT her using her own ships to trade, although not having a full station-based radar may restrict her range.

[...]

The problem is with XR 3.1 that isnot going to happen. I don't get it. No any independent trader comes at all.... Why? Si this not working anymore? It has changed with new patch?[/quote]
I suspect that this part of the plot is designed to take forever if you wait for the NPCs to come to you: you must either manually trade before PMC turns hostile, board a few freighters, or hope that the Teladi (if you've the DLC installed) can provide you with some means.. either via their traders or maybe some other way..

NPC galaxy traders /do/ exist, but they're pretty rare. So leaving your plot station for a few days & coming back may be the way to go if you can't find any PMC boarding targets during that time..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ty_cho
x3tc

Post by ty_cho » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 18:20

You are also not required to complete construction on the station for the plot to continue, you only have to get the CV to the point that it is ready to accept resources, after that the next plot mission will start.
Spoiler
Show
After a few missions, you gain access to OL and can buy fusion reactors from there, thus avoiding having to steal resources from albion, at that point you can complete the station.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 22:33

We don't need to finish an upgrade on that station any more?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”