[Crafting] XRebirth Secret

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 20:27

When I gave the Kha'ak Artefacts I received this guidance mission.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4p364qjnq ... e_hunt.jpg

Talk to ??? There is nobody there. What am I doing wrong, do I have to hand over the Ancient Artefacts as well as I chose the shields as a reward and did not get any nor is it pointing me to a Mechanic?

I've also visited Mechanics and they don't offer mk5 shields either?

UPDATE: I decided to fly from Last Stand to Forlorn Armoury to deliver the Ancient Artefacts to the other Teladi on the Cell Recharge Fab.
after giving the Collection to the Teladi he sent me to a Mechanic on the same station that fitted my MK 5 Shields.. Whoop!

But I still have the Teladi at AG Core Dig that hasn't pointed me to a Mechanic.

I think I have a pretty good reason why? there is only 1 landing platform at the Core Dig and it's full of NPC's, the game can't spawn the Mechanic on that platform to give me the shields?
Wont be a massive problem as you get to buy 2xMk5 Shields of your choice from Dashing, Steady and Behemoth models.
So the Core Dig I can just take the money and the Cell Fab, take the shields.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 21:54

Ok So I am to wait until next patch to complète this one and go after thé other Hunt to get thé first shild mk5...am I Wright?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 23:12

Miniding wrote:I spoke to the npc, hé asked me for what i wanted as reward... Told him i wanted thé shield, and all get stuck... I can speak to him Again, but thé dial is greyed and i don't have thé mk5 shield installed on my skunk... Will try Again as I keep my save Just before going to see him... It ends like Told above... Talk to... But nothing

Anyway... Any idea why it failed?
Seems that is bug(happens once me too),just cancle that missioon and if you find another who offer same missioon then grab it ... it is that simple :P
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 12:53

Nice one dude... Will try with my save...
Miniding

Schulz
x3

Post by Schulz » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 13:56

Hello guys, im about to get crazy. I have all parts for the engine, all relicts and all Khaak items, but i dont find any mission to get the engine/shield/ weapon, what am i doing wrong?! I talked to many Miner and Mechanic NPC, even in those areas where you can find the items. I have version 3.10 and the current Beta is active too. Found nothing in the forum that helped me yet :( Any ideas?
I5 3570K OC@4.0 GHz
Kingston Hyper X 16 GB RAM
Sapphire R9 280 X Toxic 3GB

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 14:07

You'll have to find à npc that give yoy thé mission to collect those...
Miniding

Schulz
x3

Post by Schulz » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 14:11

yeah, but thats exactly what i dont find. But it should be a miner giving this missions, right?
I5 3570K OC@4.0 GHz

Spami
x4

Re: [Crafting] XRebirth Secret

Post by Spami » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 16:43

"Found nothing in the Forum that helped me yet"

:|
Page 1, Entry 1
Tamina wrote: Treasurehunt Mission
>> You can find treasure hunt missions by flying around stations and looking for missions with a light bulb
(40% chance for mission to appear at all in a zone)
(other mission types have light bulbs too)
>> Some treasure hunt missions only spawn when you already have the item while others can be found without (as in v3.00)
Spami

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Schulz
x3

Post by Schulz » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 17:10

Thank you for the advice Spami :) So some missions for the crafting stuff are available through talking to NPC and others in space with the light bulp?
Searched for the light bulps too until I saw the advice to talk to NPC, but also there found nothing. Maybe i am blind or my game is broken XD
I5 3570K OC@4.0 GHz

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 25. Dec 14, 20:36

Miniding wrote:Ok So I am to wait until next patch to complète this one and go after thé other Hunt to get thé first shild mk5...am I Wright?
Both Collections give you 2xShields of your choice so the bugged one you take the money and the working one you take 2 shields of your choice.
I took 1 Behemoth Mk5 and 1 Dashing Mk5.
Schulz wrote:Hello guys, im about to get crazy. I have all parts for the engine, all relicts and all Khaak items, but i dont find any mission to get the engine/shield/ weapon, what am i doing wrong?! I talked to many Miner and Mechanic NPC, even in those areas where you can find the items. I have version 3.10 and the current Beta is active too. Found nothing in the forum that helped me yet :( Any ideas?
Hey, Both the Kha'ak Collection and Ancient Collection give you the choice of money or 2x shields.

The Spacefly Egg Collection gives you the weapon.

The assemble the Rare Engine mission gives you the engine.

Look for a Mission with a Lightbulb symbol outside stations.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 18:05

funkfanatic wrote:anyone tested if you do the spacefly mission a secund time you will get another weapon than the particel repeater?
I colected 20 x Spacefly Eggs & every one is offering the same Weapon

Encyclopedia entry
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn1yzgr0xwav7 ... 3.jpg?dl=0
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 18:12

Do the rare jumpdrive components or the rare terran hi-tech goods have anything to do with crafting or should I just sell them for hard cash?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 18:18

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Do the rare jumpdrive components or the rare terran hi-tech goods have anything to do with crafting or should I just sell them for hard cash?
You can sell them
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 22:49

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Do the rare jumpdrive components or the rare terran hi-tech goods have anything to do with crafting or should I just sell them for hard cash?
At the moment they just seem to be cash items, but I think I noticed one of the rare visas being used in a station-limited craftable hack item once..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 19:37

<<< Updated >>>
- Thanks for the encyclopedia image @D.O.S. :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 22:26

I have in the inventory 2 jumpdrive parts (rare). what are they needed for?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 23:00

Andrea92 wrote:I have in the inventory 2 jumpdrive parts (rare). what are they needed for?
Nothing yet, but there is no telling if it will change. Personally, I am gonna keep any of them I find for the next few patches unless I am desperate enough for cash.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 09:15

An ancient jumpdrive for skunky plot should be great.... A one that locks on pportal would be epic
Miniding

roxy
x4

Post by roxy » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 10:47

:? I now have all the parts for the rare mk5 engine.
what happens next?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 11:06

roxy wrote::? I now have all the parts for the rare mk5 engine.
what happens next?
Assuming Default controls...
  1. Shift+I
  2. Locate and select the recipe for the rare engine
  3. Press "3" (or click the Craft button)
  4. Deliver it to the mission giver as directed
  5. Request the engine rather than the cash as reward
  6. Undock
  7. Go to the Mechanic you are directed to
  8. Select your Engine which should be fitted for free (and give you a refund for your current engine I think)
FTR I got the last component I needed last night, crafted the engine, docked at my capital to take me to the mission giver, then got a stupid CTD... my last save was before I picked up the last component and before it even spawned. :oops: :cry:

[EDIT]This is sickening, I have reloaded the save over a dozen times and re-run the mission that gave me a drop of the last part and I have not had another drop of that part yet... damn RNG dependent missions like this. :evil:[/EDIT]

[EDIT]The RNG gods were finally kind to me, now I have the final part and on my way to picking up my new engine. :D [/EDIT]
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Fri, 2. Jan 15, 12:56, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”