3.1 can not board capital ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fastcat325
x4

3.1 can not board capital ship

Post by Fastcat325 » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 07:08

I have tried everything and every time I try to board it says noo we lost the entire squad right after I destry second target from Yish. At first My board option was greyed out so I fired the marine officer and hired another then board option was red and i wa sable to select it. I followed her queues and destroyed everything in order then I destroy everything I could all turrets drone launcher control all shield emitters every thing still all died so I destroyed all but 4 turrets still all died. I tried on a freighter on a turiel on a minning vessel a Baylor always same thing happens I'm sending 50 recruit marines with a marine officer with 4 stars on boarding and 4 on leadership and moral I believe. In campaign mode. Had set to update game will playing now all my saves are corrupt I spawn in buildings and between the cockpit and the crew area on the skunk. Sorry if names spelled wrong not on game to check spelling right now. I restarted the campaign hope it works.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 09:28

there is boarding resistance in ship info.
by damaging modules, drones, and hull of ship you preparing to be captured, you could lower it to some point.
50 recruit marines with officer 4-4-4 could only take ship with boarding resistance 30(probably with losses), 15-20 - without losses.

it's titurel with 20% health, if you destroyed anything, that was owned by that ship (all drones, all modules).
(titurel with 2% health have ~4 boarding resistance, in case you can't find 4-4-4 officer, or don't have 50 marines).
P.S. balor with 0.5% health has 39 boarding reistance, so it can't be taken with recruit marines, lightsul is much easy to capture (it has <10 boarding resistance on low health and with modules/drones killed).

and from X-rebirth chief post is here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 69#4475569
Last edited by dmk on Mon, 22. Dec 14, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 09:41

Boarding has now changed completely...

Here are a couple of threads that you may be interested in reading.

- MOD/WIP Marine Rebalance

- 3.0 - Boarding now broken?
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”