Thommohawk’s Very Strange Adventure in the XRebirth Universe

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 02:50

Now if every self proclaimed "major" reviewer had 10% of your ability to compare(forget wit/humor/ability to stay on ****** subject and not rave about their problems)... reviews might actually be worth reading and not just wiping my rear engines with them.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

przybyla2

Post by przybyla2 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 03:28

lotsa funny there. lotsa true there as well.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 07:51

przybyla2 wrote:lotsa funny there. lotsa true there as well.
which makes it ki9nda lotsa sad in the end. Great work by the OP.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

(Bronze)
x3tc

Post by (Bronze) » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 18:35

Great story. You express a lot of the same feelings I have towards the game. Here's to hoping it does get better :headbang:

Wilson1133
x4

Post by Wilson1133 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 08:47

This is amazing.

Give this man a medal....And a voice acting and animation team.

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:36

Even tho I am enjoying Rebirth, this posting put a huge grin on my face, probably the best "critique" on the whole forum, very well done indeed :D :D :D
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

anton77

Post by anton77 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:20

I'm new to the x games and right now from read this story I feel like a got the wrong game.I should have got X3 instead.
I have not been happy with X Rebirth from Nov 15 and I never played any othere X game to date.
What X game is good I need something better that X rebirth but something update?

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:27

anton77 wrote:I'm new to the x games and right now from read this story I feel like a got the wrong game.I should have got X3 instead.
I have not been happy with X Rebirth from Nov 15 and I never played any othere X game to date.
What X game is good I need something better that X rebirth but something update?
X3: Albion Prelude

*Requires the base game X3: Terran Conflict
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

anton77

Post by anton77 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:39

pr0nflakes wrote:
anton77 wrote:I'm new to the x games and right now from read this story I feel like a got the wrong game.I should have got X3 instead.
X3: Albion Prelude

*Requires the base game X3: Terran Conflict
Thanks I be dropping X Rebirth this weekend.Im sure I can pick up X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict at a good price now.
I hopes its better that X Rebirth?

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 00:52

[MESSAGE..]

[- from Moo Kye's Revenge:]

- magic!! :fg:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 00:58

Please do a longest version!!! :lol:

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 01:12

Great story telling. I actually felt like I was there with you, unlike I feel in the Rebirth universe unfortunately.

Hoping there will be a next segment to this story.

rpek32
x3ap

Post by rpek32 » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 01:19

anton77 wrote: Thanks I be dropping X Rebirth this weekend.Im sure I can pick up X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict at a good price now.
I hopes its better that X Rebirth?
personally for me- yes. you can check the X3 Terran War pack, or X3 Goldbox
There is my opinion: no more egosoft games, except fully playable DEMO-VERSIONS. I want know what i paid for.

Waiting X4 for PC
[ external image ][ external image ]
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=359047&start=0 it's for L. Bernd

harold5187
xr

Post by harold5187 » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 20:16

Hey Thommohawk, great read, your a good writer... I love to write as well.

You have a talent for humor, and if I had a video game company of my own, I'd surely hire you to add humor to the game... Humor is very important, in games, and in game manuals.

I was working on a video game ideal for based on the Aliens universe, called, "Aliens: Evoluton", and I included a lot of humor in that ideal..

You know you can hire marines in the X games... You can hire personnel in my game as well, but instead of just a boring menu, where you press buttons to hire them, I would include an advertisement for the position, one of them was for a Marine, and a Colonist...

For the Marine Advertisement I said something like..

"Travel to strange exotic places never before seen UP CLOSE; Be the best of WHAT WE HAVE LEFT"... just an excerpt

And for the Colonist...
"...indigenous native life forms, take one home through our special "Adopt A Homeless Alien" program, he will love you to death!"

I did an advertisement for Weyland Yutani as well...

"Building A Better World starts with a Better YOU!"

Anyway, if you are interested in reading any of it, I can provide it to you...

Great job on the post... keep up the writing...
Create a game for money and you will fail; Create a game from your heart, and the money will follow!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 17:04

Version 3.1 out now... :D :D :D
greetings, MJ Fire

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 17:30

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Version 3.1 out now... :D :D :D
greetings, MJ Fire
You should have just let this one stay buried in the silt at the bottom, MJ Fire :D
Ayn Rand was correct.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 17:35

Yep, the time is here :D

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 23:39

^ yes. it is. Space Pilot ThommoHawk is waiting to get back to his gaming PC to put the Skunk v.3.1+ through the XREBIRTH hoops once more for a brand new adventure/review, but probably not until after the new year sometime. :)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”