[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Sat, 22. Nov 14, 09:50

Dr B, if I disable them in the Plugin manager will that be enough? or will I need to uninstall from the plugin manager?

Cheers
Gecks
Cheers
Gecks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 22. Nov 14, 09:57

Geckomeister wrote:Dr B, if I disable them in the Plugin manager will that be enough?
Define "them", please.

If you mean ADS and ADS-RWE, then I would do this:
  • Remove both mods.
  • Close the PM.
  • Open the PM again.
  • Install the script that you want.
  • Close the PM.
  • Test in-game.
  • (The reason for closing and opening the PM several times is that the PM does most of its work when you close it.)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 22. Nov 14, 15:15

@ Geckomeister, sorry for late reply, I did read the thread only tooday.
I report those hotkeys (readtexts 600 - 604) to be the hotkeys for ADS-RWE!

600 Clear Sector
601 Dock all my ships
602 Attack My Target
603 Defend Carrier
604 Manager

Which language do you play? Because I have done ADS-RWE only for the english version (language id 44).

I suggest we both leave XRM tread alone and move the discussion to the ADS-RWE thread instead, if you have any further questions. :)

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 22. Nov 14, 23:43

Hello
Can i use with XRM a some ships in .xsp file? And i ask again because i cant find answer. Which factory will be best for my first station?

Fiesgesicht

Post by Fiesgesicht » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 03:51

Your answer to xsp ships is in the mod description. Read the compatibility notes. It's all there.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 05:35

Yea, i see now, sorry. But anyone can answer on my second question?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 05:45

Szynszyl wrote:Which factory will be best for my first station?
As in real life, you have to look at the market around you. Who sells what? What do customers want but is in short supply?

As a rule of thumb, solar power plants are generally poor investments until later in the game (when you need huge amounts of energy).

I usually build factories for tech wares early in the game. Small shields and weapons usually sell well and tend to be profitable. I buy energy, bio, and food because it is usually available at reasonable prices from NPCs.

There are exceptions to the above. You may find a sector with factories that lack the resources required to build their wares. In that case, build factories to produce those resources.

It is a strategy game. In the end, it is difficult for anyone to give you better advice than your own judgement.

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 06:02

Okay, so I uninstalled:

Anarkis Defense System
Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings
Anarkis Libraries
Pirate Guild
Yaki Armada

then reinstalled

Anarkis Defense System
Anarkis Libraries
Pirate Guild
Yaki Armada

and its removed the ReadText....so I think your right.
It was Real Wings hotkeys.

Can I ask what the difference between ADF and Real Wings is?
Do they work together or should I only pick one?

Only thing now is I noticed MARS isnt working so will have to sort that out.
Cheers
Gecks

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 06:04

@Nicoman35

I just used the default which is english I think.
Dies Real Wings enhance ADF or replace?
Cheers
Gecks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 08:20

Geckomeister wrote:Can I ask what the difference between ADS and ADS-Real Wings is?
Do they work together or should I only pick one?
You must pick only one. As Nicoman suggested, you should ask questions about ADS-RWE in the ADS-RWE thread.

The first post in that thread may answer some of your questions about the differences.

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 08:56

Dr B, I grabbed the plugin manager version of MARS.
Its been added as an archive. Why do u think its not loading?
Cheers
Gecks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 09:05

Geckomeister, there is a theme here that you seem to be missing: Please post your questions in the relevant threads.

MARS Fire Control
  • (When you do post there, please describe what you mean when you say that MARS does not load.)

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 10:54

OK thanks
Cheers
Gecks

deathscreton
x4

ReadText

Post by deathscreton » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 08:39

Ran into an issue as I assume many others have as well. Getting a lot of Readtext regaring Ka'kak ships and missiles. Here's a list of what I have installed:

XRMBackgrounds
XRMCPPACK
XRM Hull Low
The XRM packs(obviously)
Marine Repairs and Training
Claim Unkown Sectors
Mobile Mining Mk2
Detectors
MARS and it's associated data from the XRM thread
Dock Lockup Fix
Follow Me
--------------------

Any help would be appreciated. I screwed up and didn't list what I installed via the cat/dat files, so I might have to just delete everything and reinstall it (thankfully it doesn't require a complete X reinstall, just a deletion and replacement of the cat/dat files). Thanks again.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: ReadText

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 08:57

deathscreton wrote:Readtext regaring Ka'kak ships and missiles.
... didn't list what I installed via the cat/dat files
Yeah, the most likely culprits are probably not on that list. Other than XRM, the rest of those scripts do nothing to missiles. If the rest of XRM works then it is not that.

MARS could be installed in such a way that it can conflict with TShips, so be sure to use the MARS Repacked for Plugin Manager (specifically the package for Major Mods). However, I would expect Mammoths rather than ReadTexts if MARS were conflicting.

deathscreton
x4

Post by deathscreton » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 18:26

I also forgot to mention that im running into invalid space station names as well. Does that happen to give you anymore clues? Im probably going to have to reinstall X and just see what happens. Im out of ideas.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 08:38

That sounds like you havent copied the scripts from the 'scripts_ap' folder into your addon\scripts folder or the xrminst.xml into your addon\director folder.

Youll need to restart your game if this is the case.

FalcoGer

<invalid> shipyard popped up out of nowhere

Post by FalcoGer » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 22:37

I was pretty contently building my stuff in my own sector you get from the shady business plot. Suddenly out of nowhere a station pops up, looks like a teladi trading port, it's called privateer trading station. I ignore it and continue my game, looking for an aran to capture. When I come back and refill my stuff i notice another station on the map. it's <invalid> and doesn't have a model. I can not target it via the map but i can trade with it. Apparently it's a shipyard selling advanced/prototype argon fighters a heavy centaur and agi drones. trying to buy a large ship there results in 'no docking space available' but i can buy m6 and smaller no problem and i could let them undock oos.
I don't have any mods that do add stations except medusa (which i altered minorly and it does only create the stations on the first setup.)

other than that i run
- x3ap 3.1
- xrm of course
- ap bonus pack
- mars fire control
- sewn
- npc bailing
- equipment research
- salvage command
- torbo booster
- freight distribution network
- complex cleaner (with no hubs, wotks fine with FDN)
- Capital ship energy cell generator (CSecG)
- enhanced briefings
- dock lookup fix
- corp reset (for broken corperation missions) and fix
- adv complex hub (which is kinda not needed now, now that i think about it)
- arcana75's superbox (nanite hull repair, resource less factories, remove products, hack stations)

worked perfectly fine until now, except when my wolf (split m7, great aaa) blows up and i open the map, the game crashes :P

I'll just get rid of it with a script i suppose...

edit: might be related but i didn't give it much thought. there are random 'federal argon shipyard' all over the place, selling various types of ships and stations, seemingly random. a few of them only sell one thing which is 'Ice' for 128 credits, XL cargo

-EposOne-
x4

Post by -EposOne- » Fri, 28. Nov 14, 05:30

Hi Paul
This is a great mod and I am enjoying it so far, nice work!

I have already installed the mod but now i like to fake patch the following Complex Cleaner, FDN v7, MPM v7, SSDN v7.
I have seen they come before the base XRM files, is this still possible at this stage to install them or will this void my current game saves and I have to start from scratch?

thanks much

paulwheeler
x3tc

Re: <invalid> shipyard popped up out of nowhere

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 28. Nov 14, 09:42

FalcoGer wrote:I was pretty contently building my stuff in my own sector you get from the shady business plot. Suddenly out of nowhere a station pops up, looks like a teladi trading port, it's called privateer trading station. I ignore it and continue my game, looking for an aran to capture. When I come back and refill my stuff i notice another station on the map. it's <invalid> and doesn't have a model. I can not target it via the map but i can trade with it. Apparently it's a shipyard selling advanced/prototype argon fighters a heavy centaur and agi drones. trying to buy a large ship there results in 'no docking space available' but i can buy m6 and smaller no problem and i could let them undock oos.
I don't have any mods that do add stations except medusa (which i altered minorly and it does only create the stations on the first setup.)

other than that i run
- x3ap 3.1
- xrm of course
- ap bonus pack
- mars fire control
- sewn
- npc bailing
- equipment research
- salvage command
- torbo booster
- freight distribution network
- complex cleaner (with no hubs, wotks fine with FDN)
- Capital ship energy cell generator (CSecG)
- enhanced briefings
- dock lookup fix
- corp reset (for broken corperation missions) and fix
- adv complex hub (which is kinda not needed now, now that i think about it)
- arcana75's superbox (nanite hull repair, resource less factories, remove products, hack stations)

worked perfectly fine until now, except when my wolf (split m7, great aaa) blows up and i open the map, the game crashes :P

I'll just get rid of it with a script i suppose...

edit: might be related but i didn't give it much thought. there are random 'federal argon shipyard' all over the place, selling various types of ships and stations, seemingly random. a few of them only sell one thing which is 'Ice' for 128 credits, XL cargo
You have a Tfactories conflict - likely from complex cleaner. Please read the Compatibility Notes section on the first page of this thread.

You will need to restart your game once you fix this problem as your universe has not been initialised correctly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”