[X3LU] Quick Wings 1.10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 13:03

lol I think LU breaks x-studio sometimes i have seen a few <Unrecognised Command> in the LU specific areas

any suggestions on the order to give for refuel? I don't see that in wing commands
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 13:51

kaistern wrote:lol I think LU breaks x-studio sometimes i have seen a few <Unrecognised Command> in the LU specific areas

any suggestions on the order to give for refuel? I don't see that in wing commands
About that <Unrecognised Command> I don't script so I'm not really sure but on the download page for LU
https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... structions
on the bottom theres an "X-Studio I custom syntax" download. It will probably fix that I hope.
Also I Congrats on making the script and I'm really happy that some of the users here are willing to help to this extend the people who are trying to understand and make a custom script.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 15:07

DeathBreath wrote:
kaistern wrote:lol I think LU breaks x-studio sometimes i have seen a few <Unrecognised Command> in the LU specific areas

About that <Unrecognised Command> I don't script so I'm not really sure but on the download page for LU
https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... structions
on the bottom theres an "X-Studio I custom syntax" download. It will probably fix that I hope.
Also I Congrats on making the script and I'm really happy that some of the users here are willing to help to this extend the people who are trying to understand and make a custom script.
Thanks! I didn't see that download (I am horrible unobservant) so yeah it would probably fix the issue. :D

Joubarbe and Cycrow have been amazingly helpful and I could NEVER have done this with out them!
Last edited by kaistern on Fri, 14. Nov 14, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 15:30

Joubarbe wrote:If I may add a suggestion : a command to resupply/refuel would also be great :)
Unless I am (once again) missing the obvious, I think this maybe hard as I'll either have to write a script to individually go for refuel, or do that and make it into a wing command. This might be tough.

But I'll make it work some how... I like challenges
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 16:57

Hehe, yeah I know it is hard, that was to tease you :)

That could be a nice 1.01 feature and a next step to learn the magic of scripting :)

Joubarbe (not Juoberbe, nor Jaubarbe, nor Jobarbe !) and you have to pronounce it with a French twang, a big OUUUU and a big ARRRRRRRRR (I can't emphasize enough on the Rs).

EDIT : question : I didn't take a look at your final code, does it remember the last wing you selected ? Or you have to select it every time you must give an order ?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 17:56

Hi kaistern,
i'm just reading your description - sounds promising. two suggestions for the time you eventually run out of ideas.

1. adding/removing targeted ships from wings by pressing the selection hotkey with a modifier (like SHIFT)
2. some kind of "passive decoy mode". ships set their turrets to missles only and idle around the target (soaking up enemy fire)

best of luck

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 00:38

@Joubarbe: lol I thought that that might be the case, but I still like the idea :D. Sorry about the name... I'm a bad speller lol especially when I am holding a baby in one hand and trying to type in the other :D

It remembers the wing you selected until you select another wing. I am not entirely sure but I think that it will remember it when you save/load too, though that really depends on exactly how global variables work.

@Hector0x: Thanks! 1)I think this is possible :D I'll add it to the future ideas pile. 2) This is the harder of the two, getting them to follow the target is simple enough but the turrets part I'll have to look at. But it will be a good learning experience to see if I can figure it out
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 08:36

All global and local variables are stored in savegames. When you make bigger scripts however, you have to think about LU's E/I.

EDIT : people must have an account to download this on GDrive. You should consider an easier way to download this... .rar on Mediafire, for instance...

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 17. Nov 14, 07:37

I didn't know that :( I'll have to fix that when I get home
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 19:34

New Link posted so that you do not need a account with google to download :D

oops.... :D
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 19:56

The link doesn't work. You need to click "Copy Link" in MediaFire and past that.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 20:03

FML does it work now? lol
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 20:07

Nope, that's not a MediaFire link, try it yourself... You should see a page like mines (XM-R and XM-O).

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 20. Nov 14, 23:44

Well it is a mediafire link (as I can get to that same page from your links through the site's internal links) however I do see that it isn't a single download but instead just opening the entire folder. I think the problem is that I didn't package it first.

Now back to my improvements for my mod :D

I am trying to add betty voices for all the actions so I went here. Cycrow mentioned opening up the main text file to find the part you wanted, but I am unsure what file that is :P Which file is it?

This made me laugh hard...
Litcube wrote:Also, Betty can be found on the corner of Hastings and Gore week nights between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. after the bars close. Reasonable rates. She doesn't do everything, but she's good at what she does.
Last edited by kaistern on Thu, 27. Nov 14, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 12:17

The main text file is 0001

so you will need to loo kfor 0001-L044.pck for english.

it'll be a pck file rather than xml, so you need to use a tool to unpack it first
the X3 Editor should allow you to view it

for rar files, many programs can read and extract them, but not many can actually make them. Most compression programs will read many formats but only create in thier own
You will want to use winrar, which is the main program for creating rar files

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 12:41

Thank you sir!

lol now when I get home i just have to download and install two more programs and then maybe I'll make some more progress.

Betty not saying things was really starting to bother me. It suprises me how much I like an audible cue that the button I just pushed did what I wanted it to do. Being able to hear "blue wing selected" and "command accepted" will make my life a lot better :D
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 18:34

Well that took forever to do something really simple but i finally did it. Link updated to a RAR file on mediafire
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 20:23

alright I must be doing something wrong.

Code: Select all

= speak text: page= 350013 id=20003 priority=1

*also tried

START speak text: page= 350013 id=20003 priority=1
but nothing is said. Any idea why? I also tried command accepted (page 13 id 131) with no results.

(page= 350013 id= 20003 is "blue wing")

actually command accepted is now working... just to figure out why blue wing isnt
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 20:56

I all think that there is no audio for the wings but I swear I have heard betty say it before
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 20:56

I almost think that there is no audio for the wings but I swear I have heard betty say it before

added: i actually i cant get any of 350013 to work and I think that most of those are meant to be spoken :-/
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”