[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kaluce
x4

Post by kaluce » Sun, 13. Apr 14, 22:27

Is this compatible with X3:AP 3.1?

Kodiaz

I'm losing factories after i crunch

Post by Kodiaz » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 14:00

I keep losing ecell factories after i crunch if i have the files in as a fake patch and the game version updated woud that do me in?

Coinkidoink

Post by Coinkidoink » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 18:19

How do you crunch in a second complex in a sector? I'm trying to flag the first complex with the ignore tag, and that seemingly happens as it should, but when i crunch in the beginnings of the second complex the factories always end up inside the first one regardless of where i actually try to position it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 02:26

There is only one module container per sector. Why would you want more?

Coinkidoink

Post by Coinkidoink » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 11:04

DrBullwinkle wrote:There is only one module container per sector. Why would you want more?
Ah okay. I would want more because it looks nice and it's easier to get a overview over my various productions.

TehXeon

Post by TehXeon » Sat, 14. Jun 14, 18:21

I recently installed complex cleaner and have noticed a serious bug- whenever I get a factory in my complex to (200) the production drops to 1x...

I've googled left and right and couldn't find anything about it but I'd assume it's just an issue for me otherwise there would be people complaining? I am pretty sure I installed it right, copying the t and scripts folder over and doing the rename stuff for XRM compatibility (loading CC first).

The 1x isn't just cosmetic either, the output is that of a 1x factory- which is totally lame for building a massive complex :\ hopefully it's something I just overlooked.

EDIT:

Okay after looking at it for a bit I've noticed that all the factories are messes up as far as production goes... (i think)

a (1) gives me 2x production
(2) gives 5x
(5) gives 10x
(10) gives 20x
(20) gives 40x
(40) gives 50x
(50) gives 100x
(100) gives 150x
(150) gives 200x
and (200) gives me 1x

annoying :evil:

EDIT 2:

annnnnndddddd its a savegame issue. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: oh well, at least the issue will be fixed <3

AramDol
x4

Complex Cleaner on X3AP on Linux? (through Steam)

Post by AramDol » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 11:47

So I've tried extracting the zip into my X3TC directory. When I fire up X3AP, I select "Complex_Cleaner_AP" in the mod menu. Game launches fine. I've equipped a Tractor Beam on my Boron Orca. Saved my game, loaded the game again, and no dice.

From watching this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QltZn9FHryE - there should be a 5th option in the Command Console for my Orca, just below "4. Special" titled "5. Custom". It's not there. :?

So I tried renaming the ./mods/Complex_Cleaner_AP.(dat|cat) files to ./14.(dat|cat) (13 is the highest one present), load, save, load again. No change.

I'm a little bit worried here. I've built what I call an Omni-Complex, it's a complex that produces *everything*. Well, mostly. So far it has one of all of the Commonwealth factories, however things started going south when I started adding Terran factories to this complex. So far it has two Terran MRE factories, and the two protien paste factories to support them. It totals 147 stations so far. It's in Tk's Deprivation, right next to the western jump gate.

If I use my jumpdrive in this system, the game instantly crashes. If I attempt to add more factories, same thing. I can select where I place the station, but the moment I press enter, and the usual spinning camera animation would play, it crashes. If I sit still doing nothing... well... here's a screenshot of a freshly loaded saved game...

http://i.imgur.com/Lz15dXQ.png

And here's me 10 seconds later after rotating my ship about 3 degrees.

http://i.imgur.com/pbbe5Rz.png

<Oversized images replaced with links. Alan Phipps>

If I leave Tk's Deprivation, the game runs perfectly stable. Mind you, Complex Cleaner will still not load.

I'm running X3AP 3.1, from Steam, on Linux (Debian Testing), native (no wine). No mods at all, except for CC, and the official signed bonus pack.

Any ideas?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 11:30

Don't install into your mods folder.

Easiest way is to use the Plugin Manager. If you want to install manually, then look up Fake Patches.

jacorem

some factory work, others don't

Post by jacorem » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 15:45

Ok, I'm trying this mod (I plan to make a complex for making all my military stuff), so I destroy my previous complex (don't worry: I have saved just before), but when I crunch all the stuff, some factory go into some containers, others don't, expecialy chelt aquarium, rastar rafinery and others (most was in the previous complex). Why? How can I fix this?

Thanks anyone

EDIT: solution find
Whyle still in the complex form, I stopped the production (via the command console-CAG administration) of some factory. Seems that this mod don't like such a thing; if this happen also to you, try to resume the production (station=>command console=>resume production)

Scoup
x3ap

Re: Complex Cleaner on X3AP on Linux? (through Steam)

Post by Scoup » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 01:09

AramDol wrote:So I've tried extracting the zip into my X3TC directory. When I fire up X3AP, I select "Complex_Cleaner_AP" in the mod menu. Game launches fine. I've equipped a Tractor Beam on my Boron Orca. Saved my game, loaded the game again, and no dice.

From watching this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QltZn9FHryE - there should be a 5th option in the Command Console for my Orca, just below "4. Special" titled "5. Custom". It's not there. :?

So I tried renaming the ./mods/Complex_Cleaner_AP.(dat|cat) files to ./14.(dat|cat) (13 is the highest one present), load, save, load again. No change.

I'm a little bit worried here. I've built what I call an Omni-Complex, it's a complex that produces *everything*. Well, mostly. So far it has one of all of the Commonwealth factories, however things started going south when I started adding Terran factories to this complex. So far it has two Terran MRE factories, and the two protien paste factories to support them. It totals 147 stations so far. It's in Tk's Deprivation, right next to the western jump gate.

If I use my jumpdrive in this system, the game instantly crashes. If I attempt to add more factories, same thing. I can select where I place the station, but the moment I press enter, and the usual spinning camera animation would play, it crashes. If I sit still doing nothing... well... here's a screenshot of a freshly loaded saved game...

http://i.imgur.com/Lz15dXQ.png

And here's me 10 seconds later after rotating my ship about 3 degrees.

http://i.imgur.com/pbbe5Rz.png

<Oversized images replaced with links. Alan Phipps>

If I leave Tk's Deprivation, the game runs perfectly stable. Mind you, Complex Cleaner will still not load.

I'm running X3AP 3.1, from Steam, on Linux (Debian Testing), native (no wine). No mods at all, except for CC, and the official signed bonus pack.

Any ideas?
Same problem here. But I'm playing on Ubuntu 14.04 instead Debian.

I tried the Fake Patches too but no luck.

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 17:22

This is most likely a really stupid question... but before I "Crunch" do all my factories need to be connected?
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 20:57

A quote from the first post:
Gazz wrote:Commands
  • crunch : All unconnected factories and mines in the sector are combined into as few as possible factory modules.

You still need to connect the "crunched" Factory Modules. manually. However, it's a whole lot faster to connect 4 Factory Modules instead of 45 single factories. =)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 09:48

Thanks! :lol:

Now I just feel even more stupid... :oops:
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 15:52

Situation: Most factories in X work in a nice tiered ratio. SPP/Crystal Fabs/Mines do not.

I wish to remove the silicon wafer dependence of SPP (remove crystals) OR Crystal Fabs. (remove wafer)

Using complex cleaner I have so far been unable to do this.

What I usually do is dump stations, crunch and connect to a complex. When I have enough money to add more stations I then blow up the complex hub, dump the station then crunch. This gives a compact list of "Terran MRE (100)" instead of Terran MRE (40), Terran MRE (20), Terran MRE(40)" in the order I added them.

Problem when doing this with crystal free SPP is the SPP will get reset to almost no output. I know why:

"3. Connect the SPP to the complex with a complex construction kit....The third step is absolutely necessary, or the next time the crunch command is run from CC your SPP will get reset to almost no output. But if it is already part of a complex it gets ignored. "

However I'm looking for a workaround.

The factory resource remover mod works fine on crystal fabs however complex cleaner doesn't recognise resource free crystal fabs as the same factories, therefore I end up again with multiple "Crytal Fab (5) listings."

Any ideas?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 17:20

OneFourTwo wrote:I wish to remove the silicon wafer dependence of SPP (remove crystals)
It has been a long time since I have done this but, if I recall correctly, crystal-free SPP's generate less power than regular SPP's. That's OK; I just add more SPP's to compensate (maybe). I figure that the extra cost in credits is fair.

An easy way to experiment is to use the Cheat Package to remove resources from your factories. (Of course, you will have to remember to remove the resources before crunching.)

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 18:13

But its to the point of 100 E-Cell per hour.

I'm ideally hoping Gazz sees this. It's because I'm taking the SPP apart from the complex then adding more SPP (to support more factories) then crunching. Which isn't possible. CC doesn't recognise the crystal free SPP.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 18:31

OK, if crystal-free does not work, then remove the silicon (and maybe Cahoonas) from the crystal fabs (using the Cheat Package).

I am sure that I have done this successfully. With Complex Cleaner. I am just not sure exactly how I did it. :)
  • (Gazz may see this, although he has not posted in almost a year. I am sure that we all miss him.)

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 10:46

Hi,

Is it possible to unconnect crush station one by one ?

I don't want to destroy my hub for that, too much factory :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 11:46

If there is a visible tube, then you can shoot it. Otherwise, I think you have to move products and ships off of your hub, destroy the hub, uncrush, then re-crush.

If you are lucky then you may have fewer factories to reconnect next time.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 15:51

Hi,

I just downloaded TRP - ATF Shipyard for X3AP v1.3 and when i tryed to install it it say the mod conflict with the complex cleaner.
Have anybody tested it so far? Or what can be the issue? I guess it's something to do with the extra xenon factory added but not really sure.

I love the complex cleaner stuff but was puzzled when i realized terrans have no shield factory ... And in a universe at war i wonder how they can send so much vallahlas in the war without shields! So i found this mod that add all that was missing but i don't want to install it if that break my complexes.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”