[SCRIPT] Wing Hotkeys : V1.20 : 09/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 16:31

@Cycrow:

I also get the readtext0-99 on 2 of the keys. I tried to make it go away by uninstalling and then installing again.
I have used the plugin manager to do that, but the script wont be fooled that easily. After uninstalling, the script disappears along with all shortcuts but when I install it again it remembers the previous bindings, including the readtext0-99.

I could try to unbind all keys , saving and quitting, before uninstalling the script but I don't want to make things worse.
As it is now I am using 11 of the shorcuts and only 2 are showing the readtext0-99, if I mess it up so that more are doing so, it could get tedious reassigning the commands.

Regardless, it is truly an indispensable script, particularly when used with custom wing manager.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 06:55

Well didn't mean to necro this one, its what I get for not paying attention.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 21:48

FYI, the links in the first page for the configuration plugin and the hotkey manager are reversed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 15:46

Thanks
Fixed

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 06:59

EDIT: Question retracted. I decided to write my own script from scratch to ensure LU compatibility, personalize it to me, and improve my scripting ability.

(BTW thanks for writing the script guide that you wrote it taught me more about scripting then any other guide i read, or at least it made more sence to me)
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 03:52

I've tried to download this several time but the XML files I get do not work, the game does not see them and when I try to open them via a browser or xml veiwer or X-studio it fails.

Any idea why?
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 10:41

Its possible the download is corrupt somehow.

how are you extracting/installing the files from the spk?
what happens when you view the files in the browser.

have you made sure you are installing it into the correct game directory

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 11:43

I download it twice, put it in the /addon folder; and then just that main scripts folder, when opened on IE it shows a blank screen.

however this is what I get from chrome
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
most of the script files are 1-3 kbs in size

any ideas?
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 13:20

You haven't answered Cycrow's question about what extracting tool you're using to extract the .spk file yet. So I'm not sure, if you are aware that the .spk file you're downloading is not an .xml file itself, but a script archive containing the actual .xml files. Therefore it cannot be opened with X Studio, which is for editing MSCI scripts (in .xml or .pck format), or your internet browser and also won't be recognized by the ingame Script Editor. To install .spk files you have to use the Plugin Manager, which also comes with an extraction tool for .spk files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 00:52

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You haven't answered Cycrow's question about what extracting tool you're using to extract the .spk file yet. So I'm not sure, if you are aware that the .spk file you're downloading is not an .xml file itself, but a script archive containing the actual .xml files. Therefore it cannot be opened with X Studio, which is for editing MSCI scripts (in .xml or .pck format), or your internet browser and also won't be recognized by the ingame Script Editor. To install .spk files you have to use the Plugin Manager, which also comes with an extraction tool for .spk files.
sorry about that I used the package explorer that comes with the plugin manager to open it
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Fuzzy111
x3tc

editor and cat files???????

Post by Fuzzy111 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 06:02

I still use my old .24 version of TC edior... I just reinstalled my game and can not remember how to connect the cat files of the game with the editor... can you help
See you at the Top

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 10:05

kaistern wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:You haven't answered Cycrow's question about what extracting tool you're using to extract the .spk file yet. So I'm not sure, if you are aware that the .spk file you're downloading is not an .xml file itself, but a script archive containing the actual .xml files. Therefore it cannot be opened with X Studio, which is for editing MSCI scripts (in .xml or .pck format), or your internet browser and also won't be recognized by the ingame Script Editor. To install .spk files you have to use the Plugin Manager, which also comes with an extraction tool for .spk files.
sorry about that I used the package explorer that comes with the plugin manager to open it
are you viewing the files while you are within the explorer, or are you extracting the files first, then viewing them ?

both ways should work fine. However, if you extract the files, you need to put them in a directory with the style sheet, or copy the style sheet over to view them properly in the browser.

Also make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin manager, incase theres some incompatability issues

jacenhawk

Post by jacenhawk » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 18:35

Unless I am missing something, the link does not work, any chance of getting a working one?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Sep 16, 15:19

should work now

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 13:27

Does anyone testedt Wing-Hotkeys with the X-Tended Mod?

I've done it - but run in some problems.

After correctly installad plugin-manager and Communiy Configuration Menu all Hotkeys showed up. I arrange some wings - press the hotkeys - but nothing happend.

Later i have a second look to the hotkeys - but there onle was a read-text.

Can someone tell me if Wing-Hotkeys are incompatible with XRM (the done some wing-jobs new) so i can give up testing?

axis556
x3tc

a slight modification: attack nearest to player command

Post by axis556 » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 11:14

Hi all, i've figured out a "attack nearest to player command"

I was messing around and trying to figure out the scripting in X3.

I think i've had a bit of a win which might be handy to others.

first up, sorry cycrow, i butchered one of your scripts.

i took the 'attack my target' command and modified it to be:

001 $wing = get global variable: name= 'wings.selected'
002 skip is $wing -> exists
003 return null
005 START $wing -> wing comand COMMAND_WING_ATTACK_NEAREST : arg1=[PLAYERSHIP], arg2=null, arg3=null, arg4=nul
007 @=[THIS] -> call script plugin.winghotkey.cmsound : wing=$wing accepted=[TRUE]
008 return null

i also re-named it to: attack nearest .
axis

Daemonjax
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Wing Hotkeys : V1.20 : 09/06/2009

Post by Daemonjax » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 15:29

I created a Return Home hotkey for this, because not having one is painful:

Code: Select all

$wing = get global variable: name='wings.selected'

skip if $wing-> exists
return null

$home = $wing-> get homebase

if $home-> exists
START $wing-> wing command [COMMAND_WING_DOCKAT] : arg1=$home, arg2=null, arg3=null, arg4=null
$success = [TRUE]
else
$success = [FALSE]
end

= [THIS]-> call script 'plugin.winghotkey.cmdsound' : wing=$wing accept=$success

return null
works great!

I tried my hand at making an Attack All hotkey, but I'd have to rewrite !wing.fight.manager (probably to use a local variable to store the current wing command because I can't figure out a way to GET the current wing command for the wing.fight.manager to know when to switch to another mode) and maybe every other wing script for it to work right. Mmmm... I might do it because it doesn't sound hard.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”