[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

chucktown079
x3ap

Post by chucktown079 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 20:58

Sorry if this has been asked before but I found no way to search this topic without searching the whole sub forum. I wont spend hours reading this entire topic.

I accidentally set a friendly station to "priority target" due to a misclick and now it is hostile to me. I cannot dock there and i cant figure out how to make it friendly with me again. I did not fire on it because i was still 30km away but all i did was target it with MARS. What the hell?

darnock
x3ap

how can I tell that I have MARS installed correct?

Post by darnock » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 23:06

here is the mod

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217470

so far I have no idea if its installed

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 09:59

**Merged with MARS thread, as per S&M posting rules**

darnock wrote:so far I have no idea if its installed
Well, the most obvious hint as to whether a script has been installed or not, is checking, whether its features are present in your game. Having a brief look through the manual there is talk of different hotkeys, an AL Plugin and a piece of software equipment called "Motion Analysis Relay System (sold in nearly all equipment docks)".
In the manual there is also a section about the proper installation of MARS. If you're unsure, if you installed everything correctly, I would suggest reading that section again. Just note that when playing X3AP, the files have to go into the "addon" subfolder of your X3 Terran Conflict game directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:01

chucktown079 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but I found no way to search this topic without searching the whole sub forum. I wont spend hours reading this entire topic.

I accidentally set a friendly station to "priority target" due to a misclick and now it is hostile to me. I cannot dock there and i cant figure out how to make it friendly with me again. I did not fire on it because i was still 30km away but all i did was target it with MARS. What the hell?
I found this script to fix this problem(I misclicked also), just googled hostile station, its pretty simple, I set the key to shift-f1

I only had this problem now, so sorry no one responded for you
- Darqen Tasquenesk

chopsticks24

Post by chopsticks24 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 00:48

meine guete da forum is ja noch schlechter disfunktionell als das spiel roh.
:evil:

bei dem M.A.R.S. ding geht hier garnichts mehr, weil der naemlich versucht mir zu erzaehlen ich haette AP, dabei kann ich das garnicht leiden.
Dannn laed der eben mal die im .20 integrierten addon daten und das spiel crasht an fehlenden infos zu dem zusaetzlichen schiff das ich hab.

auch wenn ichs schaff das es in x3 edit angezeigt wird, der M.A.R.S. mod machts doch irgendwie kaputt.
da gibts echt nichts gutes mehr zu sagen. entweder wegschmeissen oder nochma die disfunktion installieren, nur um dann nen idioten zu kriegen der meint er muesse mal dumm rumposen. lies die inexistente anleitung?
ok, ich habs mir im forum angetan, aber mehr als dummes geseier kommt da auch nicht rueber.

Solchen leuten sollte man das keyboard durch den schaedel ziehen. ist auch ne art information.

Dabei such ich nur einen einfachen mod der dafuer sorgt, dass meine laser in den turrets entsprechend ihrer reichweite feuern. Was krieg ich?
einen haufen megalo*****.

Ansonsten hoert das spiel naemlich ganz schnell beim Kauf einer M7Spezial auf, wenn ich da 2 tage warte um eine waffe zu bauen, oder auch stundenlang durchsuche um eine zu finden. da nehm ich doch noch die mit weniger reichweite und .... schon hab ich keine gute mehr. dann machen naemlich alle nurnoch die kurze reichweite.

((auch wenns nicht hierher gehoert, ich hab x1 gespielt, und das hat gut funktioniert ganz im gegensatz zu X3, da gabs sogar formatio ohne das die gleich den leitjaeger umrennen. das ist ja echt ne qual zuzusehen, wie die krampfhaft versuchen hinter dem schiff zu bleiben, dabei sind die nunmal 3mal so schnell und koennen einfach nicht langsamer? muessen immer alle begleitschiffe langsamer sein und das leichteste dann mit der wichtigsten figur ganz vorne? das ist doch kein spiel mehr. das ist nurnoch ein haufen inkompetenter mist.))

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 08:50

Hahaha.

You came here to compain about the disfuctionality of other things whilst at the same time, failing to find the correct lanugage forum despite it being expained in the first line of the first post of this thread...

#Schadenfreude

The German thread is here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217473

chopsticks24

Post by chopsticks24 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 11:24

no problem with language, only thing is that the only inept appliance of tech is the favor english. go try proof me different. you fail...

Boro Pi
x3tc

Post by Boro Pi » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 11:43

Really? So why you don't just try to explain your problem in German language in the German topic?

chopsticks24

Post by chopsticks24 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 11:57

sorry for this outburst, but standing fact is, the closer the more common you take it. Since this stuff is naturally english people tend to ignore integrity issues for the language aquaintance\celebration.

Having no issues with german, i am a natural //)

well, this may help all who go on nervous with little modding produces that aint working on themselfes.

The soundtrack of Sim City 4 is a real hightech higharts piece, really nothing to mod there. Having trouble with your simc? ok, i just mean not comercial appliance, still you will be to purchase a copy at maybe 5 bucks or so.
Resetting your mood to quantify quality.

Really i have not ment assault, it is just, that i often can not see any consequence on these appearantly low quality products.
What happens when you buy a copy and never get a mod for?? they are not even available on the steam dlc page...

00 Almost forgetting this. i think you where interested in the production of the "galaxie project". So far things go this will not come real. Some companies made a major efford reducing their individuality as i hear for producing an equal standing to reduce nodes...
Now this is a matter of betrayal for live and the project got canceled. 00

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 21:37

This is a formal warning to you, chopsticks24, for generally insulting behaviour in your first three posts on these forums. Kindly tone down the language, and also post in the German forum if you need help in that language.

chopsticks24

Post by chopsticks24 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 21:42

well, this is clearly an assault against the liberty of the medial propperty.
What right is it having you the ability selling disfunctional stuff and propagating additions of even worse?

you are only fighting yourselfs, rather you get it or not.
Now still, you broke my autopilot allready, bet that now was the xtended mod?

an insult again? two? cover behind your friends junkie you'll know what you loose.
There is sure nothing you can take from here

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 22:17

@ chopsticks24: So you continue to flaunt the forum rules by discussing moderation in open forum. You have now managed to collect your second formal warning along with any further action that may result.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 04:41

Aaaaanyway.

I've been looking at the T file trying to get this to work with AWRM, and I'm having a degree of difficulty. The MARS file says that the laser data is autogenerated and not to bother editing it, but also that it's the only way to make MARS use the AWRM weapons.

Could someone explain how to add the AWRM weapons to mars, or even better- provide the modified t file?

Many thanks.
Peace through superior firepower.

gkx39

MARS light ?

Post by gkx39 » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 20:48

Anyone know where is the MARS Light, which is supposed to be installed on smaller ships?

The standard MARS requires XL ship, so I cannot put it on my NOVA

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 21:06

What would you do with MARS on your Nova? Most of MARS is for capital ships with turrets.

In AP, just set your rear turret to Missile Defense. Gazz (and Shimrod) wrote the vanilla AP turret scripts.

gkx39

Post by gkx39 » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 21:46

Hi DrBullwinkle,

I see. That is what I figured. But I am just curious because the Mars light is mentioned in the manual.

But thank you !

Darkone8752
x3tc

Post by Darkone8752 » Tue, 4. Nov 14, 21:23

Raye94 wrote:I also have the ReadText0-250 problem. I have tried to install MARS several times with XRM. I used the 7054-L044 replacement from XRM and omitted the repair drones cat/dat. I just can't seem to get it to install properly, even after enabling the script editor, saving, and restarting the game.
This will show up until you save and reload, AFAIK. Well, A ReadText will, not sure if it's the same one :P

@GKX39/Bullwinkle:
I use it to launch goblins manually on my own M3/4/5 :)

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Wed, 5. Nov 14, 19:03

Is it possible to run MARS with Litcubes Universe?
And how?

(I'd searched the net for 1 hour about that but found nothing helpful)

Raaaak
x3tc

Post by Raaaak » Wed, 5. Nov 14, 23:21

Urschleim wrote:Is it possible to run MARS with Litcubes Universe?
And how?

(I'd searched the net for 1 hour about that but found nothing helpful)
No, at a minimum someone would have to update some files for LU laser data. And there may very well be some incompatibilities with command slots and such.

Moreover MARS does not fit well with core LU values. Specifically performance and heterogenity in ship capabilities. MARS is a very demanding script, and allows a single M2 to fullfill both anti fighter and anti capital duties. If you want that in LU you are supposed to bring a fleet instead.

And even then MARS wouldn't work well. I always fires the heaviest weapon that is likely to hit, and uses ammo based weapons to manage energy requirements. This would run you out of energy very fast in LU where ammo based weapons do not exist, and heavy weapons are both extremely energy demanding and have high bullet speeds.

MARS would have to be rewritten to switch to lighter weapons to manage energy demands instead.

Now the goblins though, those are very nice and I'd like something like them in LUV.

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 09:50

Hey guys, moved a question from the XRM forum to this one.

Basically have XRM running with a few mods using the plugin manager.
I have added the MARS mod, which seemed to work before, and it doesnt seem to be there at all......as in no hotkeys are available under the controls>interface menu.

Besides adding the archive to Plugin manager, is there anything else I should be adding?

Cheers
Gecks
Cheers
Gecks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”