X3AP-- Terran Space... Where Do You Even Start Fixing That Mess?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 23:08

An advantage of exploring with the player ship is the stations are so large they can be targeted well beyond the range of the triplex scanner. Just head to the next sector and target everything as you fly there. And then there's the disadvantage of having to be IS rather than out doing other things.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 15:45

Yep. They are shooting down my OOS ships. Lost a Kestral and a Fujn. Also most of the AdvSats.

Frustrating.

Spent last night just buying up every weapon and missile I could snag up and fit in the Hyperion. S L O O O W .... Haven't found any jump beacons yet. Seems they aren't close to center of sectors? I'm trying to make them a priority.

And I can't target stations until they are in triplex Scanner range. Sure the stations fill my screen, but cannot target them, so... gotta get up close.

Seems I'll just need to disregard this part of the universe until the war is over.

I'll give it one more night, tonight, and then it is time to get back to the real world before terran Space gives me a RAGEgasm.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 21:25

Monkeyfister wrote:Yep. They are shooting down my OOS ships. Lost a Kestral and a Fujn. Also most of the AdvSats.

Frustrating.

Spent last night just buying up every weapon and missile I could snag up and fit in the Hyperion. S L O O O W .... Haven't found any jump beacons yet. Seems they aren't close to center of sectors? I'm trying to make them a priority.

And I can't target stations until they are in triplex Scanner range. Sure the stations fill my screen, but cannot target them, so... gotta get up close.

Seems I'll just need to disregard this part of the universe until the war is over.

I'll give it one more night, tonight, and then it is time to get back to the real world before terran Space gives me a RAGEgasm.
By targeting he most likely meant not just clicking on station with a mouse but using smart targeting hotkey, the one that sorta scans for most appropriate target in its visual cone. That command can target things from further then scanner range. MUCH further. That's what I use to map Aldrin, since it can target things way off grid. Also useful for sectors with ****** visibility where you can't see object unless you are close to them.

Always wondered why they didn't give this targeting system in Rebirth and instead gave the horrible target closest ally/enemy... absolutely worthless targeting key since you are just cycling though piles of crap hoping that one blasted fighter is SOMEWHERE in an endless sea of drones. Or you click until your finger breaks only for target to suddenly get dropped for no reason what so ever.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 07:24

I set up a self sustaining Water/Protein/Carbo complex in Pluto (getting the Ice from Uranus 2 and 3), a Protein station in Mercury or The Moon (using their surplus Energy), and a Mk3 LT in Aldrin (radius 0) and Venus (Radius 1).

I've found this is enough to get pretty much all of Terran space up and running except Jupter 2 and 3, which I give up as a lost cause unless I end the War.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 30. Oct 14, 23:16

Pretty obvious that I need to shelf my plans until I end the war.
I've saved this thread for later.

Thank you, everyone!
Great help.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 05:27

There IS one ship that can cross the Terran war sectors fast enough to evade interdiction, the Springblossom. So, if youreally want to do something involving Asteroid Belt and Jupiter before the war ends, it's an (expensive) option.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 09:47

There are 30 M5 variants and one M3 that are faster than the Springblossom (360 m/s), to include the Kestrel (605 m/s) and Fujin (413) that Monkeyfister had shot down while OOS.

Trying to send any ship through a hostile war sector while OOS is a crap shoot in my experience. If the stars are aligned just right, and you are flying into the wind, you could have 5 hostile war sectors to fly though.

Fly a ship through the war sectors and find the gate in Neptune. After that speed doesn't matter. Fly a Hyperion or a TM loaded with M5s and you can start exploring the outer solar system beyond Jupiter before you find the gate.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 13:00

M5s can't hurt the Springblossom, the Spitfyre might, but I don't think it's among the forces spawned to your intrusion in war sectors.
Anything else that could harm the Springblossom can't catch up to it.
I had a TS buying guns for me, it kept tripping a hostile response in Asteroid Belt. I switched it to a Springblossom, it stopped getting shot at.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 18:09

You misunderstood my post. Speed alone isn't a guarantee of making it through war sectors. MF had mentions 2 fast M5s being lost trying it that way. The Spitfyre is faster than the Springblossom and a few of those M3s will definitely hurt an M6. If you are flying the Springblossom, I agree you should have no trouble, but if it's flying with you OOS, that's a lot of credits at risk.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 19:20

An OOS Springy will die in a few seconds in war zones. I don't believe any OOS ship can survive when crossing a war sector.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 3. Dec 14, 22:29

Well.

I am finally at the point where I can stop the war, and get on with this huge project of re-building Terran Space. So bouncing this so I can find it without a 20-minute search.

Gotta pick up a couple of Ambassadors, so I may get to the Terran Project by the weekend.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 27. Apr 15, 17:48

OK.

War is over.

I think what Terran Space needs IMMEDIATELY is a Tall Glass of Ice Water, and a franchise of MF Energy Stores. Thanks to Tim for the great CLS guides.

I've had three dozen TSs and four Mammoths loaded-up and on standby for the end of the war for... good heavens, nine months. It'll be nice monopolizing, exploiting, and generally economically enslaving the Terrans utterly, and without remorse.

Once infrastructure is in place, I'll be able to subjugate them from 100% OOS. Hopefully, I'll not ever need to fly into there after initial building. I'll have CLS and CAG Pilots bring the Terran goods to my CHQ, Aran or the Hub for my use. They'll love me.

Best relationship to ever have with the Terrans-- 100% resource, product, and profitsss extraction and control, with 0% actual contact.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 22:23

Since you didn't interact with terrans from get go, they are going to be missing a lot of stations hence the need to place/replace stations. You could throw a few sector traders in there and leave it be for a while so they can get some basic stations back or place em yourself if not a huge fan on waiting game.

If you start as terran... as you should... there would be no need to replace or add anything other some means of getting more ice and extra missile/weapon fabs since there are too few of them to support player.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 29. Apr 15, 18:21

I did the Argon Peacekeeper start, so I expect plenty of GOD removals. I started this Savegame on 13AUGUST2013, so.... yeah. My Terran/ATF reps are nearly fully restored from "sub-basement" to near "penthouse."

Right off the bat, I unlocked Terra for my UTs. They ALL flooded in there-- several are now in Aldrin. I'll never see them in Commonwealth Space until Terra is fully CLS'd, I am sure of it.

I've decided to fully automate the Plunder of Terra. [EDITED FOR TRAUMA]

Current big move-- Tim's Tall Glass of Ice Water CLS2 scheme.

Here, I have found one of the Water Purifiers (Pluto) has been taken out by GOD. I'll buy a replacement.

Seems the Wraith, Specter and Ghoul Fabs are still there. The Laser Fabs of whatever sorts are there. I recall seeing at least one of each. Plus there's Aldrin, which I despise flying in. I don't particularly care what GoD has taken out, as long as I can buy replacements. I am hoping to be able to buy some Terran Laser and Missile Fabs, and place them in Aphrodite's Storm, so I don't need to enter Terra much at all.

I'm planning on just plundering [EDITED FOR TRAUMA]
Terra for all of their goods and resources that I need anyway. Not even buying Terran ships, as it's such a time-wasting royal PITA to equip them right now. Can't buy CLS software, or any shields/lasers there, so that's the main problem.

Two nights ago, I tried to buy 10 Baldrics (two wings of 5 each) in Saturn. Had to send them to OmLy for CLS software and shields. Gave the orders to the two wings while I was in sector. After three hours, they weren't even out of Saturn, and were instead flying off in the far NW corner of Saturn, which is the #1 reason I hate Terran Space (ships don't take proper orders while IS), so I re-started the last save, and stood up and delivered nearly 30 Argon/OTAS ships from LH thru HUB to AP thru HUB to West HE in the time it takes a Mammoth to transit Asteroid Belt. Much better!

Once I have Water, Energy, Bio/Food and Minerals automated and monopolized, some aspects of standing up ships in Terra **might** become easier/less frustrating. The Terrans, having everything hand-delivered to them by me, just might start making me stuff!

Got a pair of Cattle Ranches installed in Jupiter. The Ice Buyers and Distro ships are mostly in place or en route. Today, I'll get the Sellers in place, and start it up.

After water it's on to E-Cells, Food and Ore.

I hope to have the complete set of financial enslavement protocols fully in place by Sunday night, so I won't have to even think much about Terra for evermore.

Does HephCorp deliver to Terran Space? They cancelled two orders I tried to place last night. No idea why.

[EDITED BY REQUEST]

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 08:08

An Artistic and Historical Aside For Etymological Reference: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment ... tid=159894

Just clicked the final click launching the Terran Water And Ice Corporation to Jupiter and the entire Terran System. Day One starts now!

Betty is heard over the Station 1MC in every Terran sector from Oort Cloud to Megnir:
*The War is over. Water Rations will now be doubled, in accordance with the Trans-System Trade and Investment Partnership, this mandates a 2.6Cr dock in Daily Base Pay to all Terran and ATF Workers. Enjoy!*

Capitalism is delicious when it's not really your money.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 3. May 15, 22:57

First wave of ships were Ice buyers-- one at every Ice Mine buying at min.
Then I set Ice sellers at the WPs selling at max.
Then I unleashed the transfer ships to shift Ice from Buyer to Seller.

While that was starting up, I got my Water Buyers in place, waiting for the spigots to turn on at the WPs. Spent some time transferring a few Logicians around to be my Water Sales Fleet, and set them in place for when the Water Buyers' ships started filling.

I put 1Mcr into the Terran Water And Ice accounts to start it off.

7 Ice Mines
1 L in Jupiter 2
2 L in Uranus 2
3 M in Uranus 3
1 L in Megnir (plus, another facility there, which is inexplicably red to me)

8 Medium Water Purifiers
1 in Mercury
2 in Jupiter 3
1 in Saturn 2
1 in Uranus
1 in Uranus 2
1 in Neptune
1 in Pluto

I gave the Ice part of the operation a bit of time, a few hours while I caught up on stuff I had ignored while standing up all these ships, to allow Ice to be bought, and start moving around to the Water Purifiers.

Once the Water Purifiers started filling up, everything took off in a BIG hurry.

My initial 1Mcr fell to about 800,000cr for a brief while. It never went lower. First wave of sales is complete, *I think*, and I'm at ~1,258,000cr in fits and starts that seem to be trending upward.

It will be some time before I see signs of water saturation across Terra, and any mistakes I've made in setting this up, but Tim's CLS plans are pretty darn effective... especially at keeping NPC competition away.

Also, I "found" a Water Purifier that I had thought GOD must have destroyed. I just hadn't flown up and targeted it, I guess.

Time to do some flying around my areas of operations, and start looking into further improvements in security for a while. Let the new business settle into itself.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Mon, 4. May 15, 06:10

Alternatively you could download the Terran Revitalization Project (TRP), adds missing stuff for Terran players.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 4. May 15, 17:50

Does the Terran Revitalization Project fix the ridiculous collision boxes and 58-mile landing approaches at super-slow speed? That's what needs fixed... reduced to much, much, much smaller scale.

I am only interested in Resource and Profit extraction in regard to Terran Space as it is currently designed.

If those are fixed, I just might care about Sol System. But then-- that'd be weird and unnatural to me.

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Mon, 4. May 15, 21:36

Mind if I ask you, how exactly did you go about repairing your Terran rep? I'm trying to figure that one out now, I'm standing on "Terran Terrorist" level and can't figure out how to make it better. They shoot me on sight and I can't dock at any of their stations.

Sorry I can't answer any of your other questions.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 4. May 15, 21:48

This has been a big question over the years. Here's the straight answer from someone who was there once,...

At the end of the Breaking Ground/Shady Business Plot, you defend the Peace Talks, while they are going on, Xenon invade Sugars and Black Hole Sun. You are dispatched to fight them off in both sectors.

Switch your Terran IFF to FRIEND, and click off ""Show red if enemy to me." Kill a lot of Xenon in Segaris, and you'll be good to go at the end of it.

Until then, there is not much to do to fix anything. I fretted about this for over a year when I was in your situation. Don't sweat it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”